• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2013 - Where are you playing this year?

T

Out to get my golden boot back this year fromy Pokey ;) Not that I minded loaning it out for a season.... As Pokey said back at Kariong with the best group of ladies and Supercoach Mick

Wombat

Had a season off for the first time in 17 years last year. But its time to dust off the boots and play for Kariong in the Over 35's. Probably in C's as i'm slow as a wet weekend these days.

priorpeter

Gossy MAA2. Will be interesting, we've been losing grand finalists & promoted the last 2 years in a row. Can't wait for the season to start.

Atomic

Woy Woy 35 F. The lowest, most agricultural grade available. Doesn't matter... I play with a top group of blokes that enjoy a beer and a laugh after the match. Makes it all worth while. Oh... and a big shout out to the wags... they know how to enjoy themselves while they duly ignore what's happening on the field :)

hasbeen

In the local comp, what does everybody think of the new 'tape must be the same colour as the socks' rule when keeping shinnies in place? If the rule itself wasn't bad enough, the reason given out in the CCF rules book was unbelievable. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

T

Never come across that rule before, I know skins have to be the same colour as shorts/jersey but nothing about tape.... Although TBF they tend not to inforce the rules in WAA

dibo

It's a FIFA rule - local competitions have some leeway insofar as how strictly they apply it.

priorpeter

First round, the ref in an AA4 game refused to kick off until anyone wearing non-matching tape removed it. Ri-god-damn-diculous

Wombat

Top of the league after two games and now I'm out with a torn ACL.......too old for this lark!

hasbeen

what was the reason in the CCF rules book?

Reason
An increasing number of players are using excessive amounts of tape externally on their socks. This can be a multitude of colours and completely changes the look of the sock. This can cause confusion, particularly for assistant referees who may need to look at the sock to determine who last played the ball before it went out of play.

Never mind that the shorts & shirts are distinctive, or that the basic sock colour is still there. The ref could use his discretion and ask those with excessive amounts to remove some of the tape. Sledgehammer to crack a walnut again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami