• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2022/23 Season

midfielder

An issue we all agree with is the off-season is way way to long.

If we can't get more teams in then IMO we should have three rounds.

Wonders aloud how we as a collective (i.e.the football community) get the season extended

midfielder

Wonders aloud how we as a collective (i.e.the football community) get the season extended
As an example of the above the MLS has for years had between 32 n 34 rounds even when they only had 10 teams they played 32 rounds.

The MLS keep adjusting how they do the balance... However they play 34 rounds plus finals.

Corsair

I was thinking about this the other day, when is the W league season? Could they play part of that during the men's off season? I'm also not sure what the deal will be with membership...do you also get W league games in the membership or is it seperate?

If only we had a pod with Luke dyeing his hair to pass the time...

Allreet?

I was desperately hoping they'd bring the season forward a little to give AL players more chance to impress for the World Cup.

Unlikely for Cummings or Garang to make the cut with only one or two games before the squad has to be named. Even though they both deserve to be there in my completely objective and unbiased opinion.

pjennings

I was thinking about this the other day, when is the W league season? Could they play part of that during the men's off season? I'm also not sure what the deal will be with membership...do you also get W league games in the membership or is it seperate?

If only we had a pod with Luke dyeing his hair to pass the time...
Starts 18/11 this year - during the Men's World cup. We don't enter until the following season

Big Al

I was desperately hoping they'd bring the season forward a little to give AL players more chance to impress for the World Cup.

Unlikely for Cummings or Garang to make the cut with only one or two games before the squad has to be named. Even though they both deserve to be there in my completely objective and unbiased opinion.
If Arnie wasn’t coach sure but he will stick loyal with what got him there. Will be minimal surprises. Alou would have to be a shout but Duke and Taggart will go with Maclaren

Allreet?

Taggart didn't get us there. And despite being a gun in teh AL, McLaren simply doesn't work in the Socceroos (against the good teams).

I'd take Duke for sure, but Cummings and GK have to be picked in any serious attempt to get out of the group.

turbo

Like it would make a difference to Arnold. He’s starting Duke in the WC and there’s nothing you or I can do about it.

Allreet?

I thought Duke did really well against Peru, so that doesn't hugely bother me.

Cummings would be better. So would Kuol.

pjennings

Taggart didn't get us there. And despite being a gun in teh AL, McLaren simply doesn't work in the Socceroos (against the good teams).

I'd take Duke for sure, but Cummings and GK have to be picked in any serious attempt to get out of the group.
I'd also take Duke but play him wider - certainly showed more for the NT than Maclaren who I think is a waste in an Arnold squad. GA wants hard working forwards and will play them first. Maclaren's contribution in the Peru game was to blind the keeper who dropped the ball while being offside (Maclaren not the keeper). Also scored against the minnows - I don't think we will be playing any minnows at the World Cup. I would find a spot for Taggart.

Boyle on one side - Duke on the other with Cummings in the middle. GK to be a game changer substitute

Remember it is now a 26 man squad and maximum of 5 subs.

Last edited:

Tevor

Maybe me being judgmental but Izzo looked heavy in that short video. He used to be an excellent shit stopper who couldn’t build or trust a wall. Will be interesting to see if he has improved or not
Love your spelling mistake. Agree and will be interesting to see how he has developed. That’s Izzo and now Millar back to the A League after short stints OS. Both should be trying to stay OS in my opinion if they have the ability.

AuzDutchy

For all the joking and laughing and carrying on we see from the boys in training vids etc, you forget sometimes how hard they must work, and push themselves physically, to be able to play professionally.

Good to see Ruhs looking comfortably part of the group too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb