• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Tevor

I was listening to A League off air and PK was the guest, he is close to signing and I think it’s the Vuck. Get the feeling he feels let down by CFG after his French experience.

One thing is certain he will be back in the A Liga next season it’s just with who.

Last edited:

Tevor

What how CFG let him down. They didn't sack after 18months of shit results.
He was explaining it, effectively gave him a team of teenagers with no experienced players and wouldn’t allow him to bring some in. Then they blamed him for the poor results. I think even he was amazed he lasted that long under the circumstances. I just get the feeling he has seen the true CFG ideology. Said all he needed was two or three experienced players to help with game management and it would have been different. He likes youth and you can see the results of the youth that City have sold on over the last few years. But just like us you need a few old heads in a team.

Then he started talking up the Vuck as a club. Seemed he was in pretty advanced stages with a club and it didn’t appear to be City. When I seen the Popa story it started filling in the gaps.

Having listened to him he has a very good football brain and I can see why he is a decent coach. If he goes to the Vuck he will win silverware. Worth a listen, I’m actually starting to like Thompson more after listening to the pod every week.

Big Al

He was explaining it, effectively gave him a team of teenagers with no experienced players and wouldn’t allow him to bring some in. Then they blamed him for the poor results. I think even he was amazed he lasted that long under the circumstances. I just get the feeling he has seen the true CFG ideology. Said all he needed was two or three experienced players to help with game management and it would have been different. He likes youth and you can see the results of the youth that City have sold on over the last few years. But just like us you need a few old heads in a team.

Then he started talking up the Vuck as a club. Seemed he was in pretty advanced stages with a club and it didn’t appear to be City. When I seen the Popa story it started filling in the gaps.

Having listened to him he has a very good football brain and I can see why he is a decent coach. If he goes to the Vuck he will win silverware. Worth a listen, I’m actually starting to like Thompson more after listening to the pod every week.
Vuck is the only open job unless Perth spent up big

Wombat

Would love to see Robbie Fowler back in Oz. He generates interest where Paddy is a bit boring. Having said that i rate Paddy highly as a coach. I also remeber Monty saying he and Patrick were the highest accredited coaches in Australia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred