• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A recording of that wonderful game?

Sean

Is there anyone out there that could get their hands on a hard copy of that game? whether its through a torrent or dvd?
I would happily pay for a copy of that!!

serious14

Recording the replay today (starts in 10 minutes) on Foxtel IQ.......

The only problem is they've allocated 90 minutes for the replay, so I'm recording the program afterwards as well.  Pretty sure there's a way to get data from the IQ box to the computer??  I'm guessing Google will be my friend in this case.  Unless someone knows what to do???

Anyone??  Anyone??  Bueller??

Mini In Bay 6

I set my IQ on sunday, but the bastards at Fox didn't change their EPG to reflect the extended match so it cuts out right on the start of extra time (I swore very loud last night watching the replay).

I've set my IQ to record todays match and the half hour tennis show after it (Hopefully that'll get arsed to amke way) and i'm praying they show the extra time relatively uncut so I can splice the two together (Or lazily have two files).

I've already got a setup to take stuff off foxtel via the analog hole (There is not a digital way to do it) so the quality would be good, but not perfect.

If nobody has a better option (The full live match at good quality) then i'll throw it up a few days. 

kevrenor

serious14 said:
Recording the replay today (starts in 10 minutes) on Foxtel IQ.......

The only problem is they've allocated 90 minutes for the replay, so I'm recording the program afterwards as well.  Pretty sure there's a way to get data from the IQ box to the computer??  I'm guessing Google will be my friend in this case.  Unless someone knows what to do???

Anyone??  Anyone??  Bueller??
Are you running the foxtel feed through a dvd player?  We do and it is just a matter of playing the recording from IQ and hitting record on a blank DVD. 

I've been recording the finals Monday night Fox Sports reviews onto Optus IQ then to DVD. Will make a fine viewing on days off sick.

serious14

Yeah Mini, I've done the same thing (recording the tennis show).  Here's hoping that squeezes in all of the extra time.

KevRenor - I have a DVD Burner in my laptop, might try something with that (i.e.  cache the game onto my HDD somehow and burn from there).  I must say though, I have always wondered what the USB Port on the IQ box is for......

Mini In Bay 6

serious14 said:
KevRenor - I have a DVD Burner in my laptop, might try something with that (i.e.  cache the game onto my HDD somehow and burn from there).  I must say though, I have always wondered what the USB Port on the IQ box is for......

That bastard USB port.  You know you can hook up your PC to it and access the files?  And whats better you can transfer them over off the IQ onto your PC?  The catch?

They are all bloody encrypted.  Only stuff from the FTA satellite channels (ie Shopping) can be played. 

So I have the spare composite and stereo RCA's from the back of my Foxtel running into a Leadtek capture card.  I'm hoping with the new HD service they will have HDMI or DVI outputs that some smart bugger can create a capture card for us to collect sweet, sweet digital signals in the future.

serious14

Hmmmmmm............ well that's just rude then, innit??

What resolution will you get it at via your analog method??  720 x 576??

Right, watching it now, and Fox aren't showing the full game - they've edited bits out to fit the 120 into the allocated 90.    *grumbles*    Hoping there's a full replay at stupid o'clock later in the week.

Mini In Bay 6

serious14 said:
Hmmmmmm............ well that's just rude then, innit??

What resolution will you get it at via your analog method??   720 x 576??

Right, watching it now, and Fox aren't showing the full game - they've edited bits out to fit the 120 into the allocated 90.    *grumbles*    Hoping there's a full replay at stupid o'clock later in the week.

Yes 720 x 576, though due to Leadteks average software during playback on your PC you have to overide the aspect ratio and force 16:9 - if you dont do it everyone looks 9ft tall. I still havent figured out how to force it widescreen as default (Hopefully i'll figure it out).

Hopefully they keep the extra time as close to uncut as possible. 

dibo

Mini In Bay 6 said:
serious14 said:

That bastard USB port.  You know you can hook up your PC to it and access the files?  And whats better you can transfer them over off the IQ onto your PC?  The catch?

They are all bloody encrypted.  Only stuff from the FTA satellite channels (ie Shopping) can be played. 

So I have the spare composite and stereo RCA's from the back of my Foxtel running into a Leadtek capture card.  I'm hoping with the new HD service they will have HDMI or DVI outputs that some smart bugger can create a capture card for us to collect sweet, sweet digital signals in the future.

if you had a way of taking digital audio in, you'd be able to take the dolby digital feed out of the coaxial digital audio out.

~Floss~

OK, a lot of posts here - not sure if there's a clear answer, so if this is easier:

I WILL BE PICKING UP A DVD TODAY but I do not have DVD-ripping+burning software on my computer (just haven't been bothered to spend the time looking/downoading/learning).... ANYWAY.....

If someone who has the equipment/expertise to rip and burn copies (preferably on a laptop so I don't have to give up my copy of the DVD) contact me and we'll organise it.

As an absolute last resort I could make a copy using my DVD recorder, which requires playing and recording in real-time.

Now, I can get a copy that was recorded live, but it cuts out during extra time (includes the 3rd goal though).
Hence I arranged to have the replay recorded, but it sounds like this will actually be a 90-min highlight package. If this is true we may need to merge the live recording with the last bit of highlights and post-match shenanigans - could turn out OK though.

So, PM me tonight if this all makes sense to you and are interested/able to help copy.

PS: if you are from Foxtel we're only joking. I recorded it myself on IQ and i want to make myself a portable / backup copy / free-up hard-drive.  ;)

Saffron

I have the full game on my iq. Decided to record the program after just in case, and the break between the 2 is about a minute before extra time starts. Now i just need a way to transfer it in to dvd.....

adz

Staff member
if you have a diwana account it may or may not be posted on there

*edit: same applies if you don't have a diwana account ;)

adz

Staff member
rub it in why don't ya mate.. lol. some of us can't get foxtel because their stupid building doesn't even have a dish installed. arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

dibo

adz said:
rub it in why don't ya mate.. lol. some of us can't get foxtel because their stupid building doesn't even have a dish installed. arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

it's baffling that they wouldn't have done it too, given it's such a new building!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred