• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF CIRCA 2010

offtheball

Seems to be a new dawn with CCF and the new Board and relatively new General manager.

Probably deserves a thread of its own.

From my perspective it is all positive at the moment.

High Performance Manager, Regional Coaching and Development Manager and the Facilities Manager have found their positions "rationalised". This seems a good move if you are starting from square one and trying to start afresh. There were many problems with these positions, perceived or otherwise.

Canteen to be outsourced, which leaves the board to run football.

Employment of someone to run competitions long needed.

Appointment of a trainee grounds manager to help with the maintenance of Pluim, long overdue.

The strengthening of the  relationship with The Central Coast
Mariners and they will assist with Coach Development, Community and the
Director of Coaching for Central Coast Lightning. Alleluia!

Canning of Friday nights for Under 18's moved to Sunday mornings, frees up a night for training is the logic. If only Gosford Council would spend some of the Fed government money for lighting.

Axing of Under 17's for 2010.

New sponsorship of the Central Coast Cup seeing the waving of the $220 entry fee.

Big improvement already for the CCF website.

grendel

Where are they going to get experienced referees to cover 18/21/Reserve/First grade all on a Sunday?  And where will that leave referee cover for All Age grades, also played on Sunday?  At least with friday nights running, the same referees could be used again  on Sundays.

woodchuck

All valid points which were touched on at the delegates meeting, was not dealt with in depth however, competitions meeting Sunday the 31st should shed some more light.  They were confident that refs would not be an issue, time will tell.  Just hope we dont lose too many players with other commitments.

From the dug out

mariners4ever said:
some good moves there, but disagree with the whole 17/18s being moved from fridays to sundays though

3 of the 5 clubs that hosted Friday night games in 2009 said that there fields would not be avaiable in 2010.

mariners4ever

From the dug out said:
mariners4ever said:
some good moves there, but disagree with the whole 17/18s being moved from fridays to sundays though

3 of the 5 clubs that hosted Friday night games in 2009 said that there fields would not be avaiable in 2010.

wow, just shows that there is need for help from the council for the lights situation, was there consideration for late afternoon/night saturday games ???

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

grendel said:
Where are they going to get experienced referees to cover 18/21/Reserve/First grade all on a Sunday?  And where will that leave referee cover for All Age grades, also played on Sunday?  At least with friday nights running, the same referees could be used again  on Sundays.

That's a good point - 17/18s would normally get a few panel 1/2 referees if there's any available.  Now, even the higher grade all ages may get higher preference for referees.

There aren't enough officials to cover all the AA matches - this is going to make it far worse. 

I'll also assume that this means 18s are going to be very lucky to get AR's as well.  Actually, overall I'd anticipate that officials will be taken from WAA games to cover the 18s, the women won't like that but numbers have to be prioritised somewhere.

Just running off the top of my head here...I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  I know I used to love playing Friday nights though (that and I'd be so stuffed and dehydrated afterwards that my Friday nights would be nice and cheap!)

Not to mention the fact that a lot of the 18s players back up for 21s/reserves/firsts - this is going to cause big problems for this.  These players will then have to choose - this will equate to less game time for those players (which will hurt them), while they'll probably turn to the ressies/firsts, thus taking some of the top players out of the 18s.

I do believe that canning the 17s may help strengthen the 18s though...

Interesting to see what effect the other changes have.

FFC Mariner

Just quietly, you might want someone to have a good long look at some of the refs at the summer 6's (well 1 actually)

Lets everything go, doesnt watch the game.

Tonight, allowed a terrible tackle to go unpunished almost from the kick off and I believe his "I'm not actually watching" style lead to a fight to break out in the game afterwards.

There is a serious injury/incident coming with this f**ktard in charge.

If he doesnt want to ref. Dont do it.

mrqwerty4

FFC Mariner said:
Just quietly, you might want someone to have a good long look at some of the refs at the summer 6's (well 1 actually)

Lets everything go, doesnt watch the game.

Tonight, allowed a terrible tackle to go unpunished almost from the kick off and I believe his "I'm not actually watching" style lead to a fight to break out in the game afterwards.

There is a serious injury/incident coming with this f**ktard in charge.

If he doesnt want to ref. Dont do it.

i couldn't agree with this comment more!

marinermick

some big news regarding sponsorship coming soon

the new marketing guy on the board has hit the ground running hard

hasbeen

Already an increase in prize money for the CCF cup and no entry fee.

Premier League winners (first past the post) $5,000 also ...

J

jiggles

Naw, come on mr pessamist! Turn that frown upside down and share in the rainbow!

Paolo

111 said:
Believe it when I see it
pssssssst....u might want to actually have a look at the CCF website every now and then before commenting

"Central Coast Football is excited to announce that we have signed a sponsorship agreement with Statewide Insulation. The Central Coast Cup will for 2010 be known as the 'Statewide Insulation Cup' This sponsorship arrangement means that the prize money for this years cup will increase to $3000 for the Winners and $500 for the Runners up.  In addition, as a result of this sponsorship the Board of CCF has taken the step of removing the $220 team entry fee for CCF Clubs.  "

I still wont believe it till I see a giant novelty cheque being held by the excited winners and said sponsor!!

Jimmy

111 said:
I still wont believe it till I see a giant novelty cheque being held by the excited winners and said sponsor!!

And then when that cheque doesn't bounce.

offtheball

More has happened with CCF in the past 6 weeks as the past two or three years.

New web site is up and running and looks an improvement.

Like the idea of it being interactive and you can track your team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami