• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF possible split with FNSW

marinermick

There is talk that CCF are looking to split from Football NSW. They are jack that almost a million of our dollars go to FNSW with very little in return.

But the very large straw that breaks the camel back is the proposed fee structure for next season:
- a doubling of FNSW fees for each of our player registrations.
- FNSW to be the central bank for all registration deposits and they will then dole out the association and club components to the associations when they see fit.
- All rego fees to be paid in full at the time of registration.
- All registration fees can only be paid by credit card.
- No refund on registrations for any reason.
- No discount on rego fees that clubs have in place e.g, early bird discount, life member discount, family discount etc.

There are also a number of associations thinking of owing the same.

turbo

I really don’t know what Football NSW gives us for our contribution. There’s an insurance scheme but it’s pretty poor and you need to jump through hoops. I could have claimed this season but it’s not worth the hassle for getting a few hundred back.
Out of close to $400 for senior rego $83 is earmarked for FNSW, with a separate category for CCF - FNSW.

If I’m connecting the dots correctly you’re suggesting next years rego would be over $450, if so that’s disgusting and there should be a very clear breakdown of why.

marinermick

I really don’t know what Football NSW gives us for our contribution. There’s an insurance scheme but it’s pretty poor and you need to jump through hoops. I could have claimed this season but it’s not worth the hassle for getting a few hundred back.
Out of close to $400 for senior rego $83 is earmarked for FNSW, with a separate category for CCF - FNSW.

If I’m connecting the dots correctly you’re suggesting next years rego would be over $450, if so that’s disgusting and there should be a very clear breakdown of why.

Hence why the split. Enough is enough.

turbo

Hence why the split. Enough is enough.
Im behind it then. They’ll never let it happen but there should be a serious examination in the role of the state level bodies in the current era. Surely there’s the possibility of centralising some functions with the FFA and others at an association level to strip out some inefficiency.

And some of the stuff I’ve seen out of QLD with legal action against Bonita Mersiades is a stain on the game and it’s administration.

style_cafe

So if they split where do they go?
They need to meet with the other associations and convince them to stand together to break the status quo.
It`s been done before 20 years ago.
FNSW wouldn`t want the bad publicity that such a campaign against them could bring...:popcorn:

Tevor

I used to play in the Lidcombe association and the Hills area wanted to split and FNSW wouldn’t back the move so they went it alone and after one year FNSW came begging on their knees for them to join again and the Hills Assoc to remain separate. I knew one of the guys involved in the nitty gritty and they had so much cash left over after finding separate insurance they gave it back to the clubs to find equipment and clothing for players. I recall him saying how he never realised how much went to FNSW for very little return. It can be done but a lot of work as you also need to start a referee association as well.

turbo

Do they think people are dumb enough not to see the total cost if it’s split? If anything it will only foster more negativity once people realise the chunk that goes up the food chain with little coming back. Particularly if they are increasing their fee.

style_cafe

The "rip off" of amateur players has always been in place.
FNSW is a top heavy administration that gives little or nothing back to local players.
The player insurance has always been pathetic and little more than a money collecting exercise.
20 years ago when we had Amateurs and Federation the Amateurs used to get sponsored by the insurance company to the tune of $100,000- a season.
You don`t have to be a rocket scientist to work out the scam there.
The two administrations duplicated services and charged associations for the so called services.
It wasn`t until Macarthur,Easts and St.George Associations stood up to them and were then backed up by Albury and Wagga Associations that changes were made.
All that the amateurs were able to hold over our heads was Champions of Champions,a competition that they ran for nothing except the trophy costs.
Our breakaway forced the Amateurs to the table and the following year FNSW was formed.
It seems now that 20 years later the same thing is happening.
The people Associations vote for have seized the power for their own good and not for the good of grassroots players.
The only way to get rid of these bastards is for the associations to rise up against them and boot them out.
That will then show the FFA that we wont take the shit they serve the people.

turbo

Issue is FNSW whats to run and broadcast a second division and pay for it with player subs.

I would support a one or two off levy paid to the FFA to establish a broadcasting platform and national second division infrastructure.I don’t think players should be subsidising individual clubs and there’s no reason for Football NSW to be the ones with their hand out.

style_cafe

Issue is FNSW whats to run and broadcast a second division and pay for it with player subs.
What would a second division have to do with FNSW?
Surely if the A League was to have a B League then it would be run by the same organisation whether it be the FFA or the A League self governing.
I`m sure the other states wouldn`t be in favour of FNSW running a second Division either.

If that is the plan from FNSW, then taxing the kids and the " for fun players" is not the route they should be taking...:popcorn:

turbo

?

8th January 2022

Dear members,

Following much consideration and after consultation with all clubs, the board of Central Coast Football (CCF) has pursued changes in the relationships with Football Australia (FA) and Football NSW (FNSW).

To deliver excellent customer service, improve the game day experience and achieve much more value for money for the Central Coast Football family, the board has communicated its position to FA and FNSW on the following initiatives.

1. CCF would continue to use our own fully integrated registration and competitions solution until such time as FA provide a proven comparable solution. The system that we are using has proven to make the experience in grass roots football easier and more organised for our members.
2. CCF would continue to source its own insurance as the FNSW offer was deficient in multiple and significant areas. FNSW have continued to offer less and less over recent years, including the removal of all insurance at the end of the regular season, leaving many members uninsured for fundraising days, gala days, presentation days and pre-season training. CCF's insurance covers all of this, as well as CCF Five-a-side competitions and extra activities held at Pluim Park.
3. The remaining services provided by FA and/or FNSW are valued by CCF as not exceeding $100,000 per season.

FA and FNSW are not agreeable with our position, and we have met with CEOs and senior executives from both bodies several times. A temporary concession was granted from FA on point 1 (albeit with significant unacceptable conditions) and FNSW indicated their preparedness to negotiate on point 2 (but provided nothing concrete albeit the 2022 season was imminent), however point 3 was totally unacceptable to both FA and FNSW. FA sought advice from FIFA who directed that CCF must not be allowed to ‘fracture the football family’ and should our position not change we should not be allowed to participate in ‘organised football’.

While it is not, nor ever has been the intention of the CCF board to separate from ‘organised football’ or ‘fracture the football family’ (as interpreted by FNSW and FA) the CCF board remains resolute in its determination to deliver a better deal for its members and our position remains unchanged.

Correspondence was received on 31 December 2021 from Football Australia’s CEO James Johnson advising CCF will now be deregistered from organised football in Australia and will also cease to be a member of Football NSW.

The immediate impacts of this determination are two-fold.

1. CCF clubs’ teams are no longer eligible to participate in the FFA Cup, State Cup and Champion of Champions tournaments (also any games against non CCF teams such as trials). Apart from this football will continue on the Central Coast as usual.
  2. A significant amount of fees will no longer be payable to FA and FNSW. How these funds might be managed into the future will be subject to consultation with our clubs.

Against the background of these changes the high-level pathway for Central Coast footballers remains with the two clubs Central Coast Mariners and Central Coast United. Referee and Coach development will similarly remain unchanged from how it has been delivered in recent seasons.

Your clubs are aware of and fully support the board’s initiatives. We ask that any enquiries you may have be directed to your clubs’ committees in the first instance, however, the board is happy to field any questions that your club can not answer.

Thank you for your support in improving your football experience.

Directors of Central Coast Foo​

turbo

Just looking back through this. 450 is cheap for a senior. Here in Brisbane I'm looking at 435 for an U8. Which seems fkn ridiculous.
City based areas seem to be more expensive, possibly due to the amount councils charge associations for grounds. plus you’ve seen all the dodgy stuff that went down with FQLD havent you?
I’ve heard Melbourne is very pricey too. $600+ for a senior player.

I’m not seeing this as a bad thing. If CCF can deliver everything needed for their grass roots players and we save a bunch of cash then questions have to be asked over where our money is going and why? If that’s happening across the country then who is serving who?

Insertnamehere

City based areas seem to be more expensive, possibly due to the amount councils charge associations for grounds. plus you’ve seen all the dodgy stuff that went down with FQLD havent you?
I’ve heard Melbourne is very pricey too. $600+ for a senior player.

I’m not seeing this as a bad thing. If CCF can deliver everything needed for their grass roots players and we save a bunch of cash then questions have to be asked over where our money is going and why? If that’s happening across the country then who is serving who?
We're kinda outer burbs. Volunteer run club, like literally no one draws a wage. We have that f**kstick Cavalucci running FQ. Ex Campbell Newman chum. All these associations inc FA and FIFA seemingly are full of selfish grubs.

I think our seniors are 550.

Hopefully if CCF show what can be done, then the other associations they talk about get on board officially.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Absolutely disgusting from fnsw.
No refunds for any reason is a big problem- are they saying the won't refund the clubs, or the clubs can't issue redunds?

Because there are obviously a number if reasons why one could demand a right to a refund- if the latter, this puts CCF in breach. Either way it moves huge liability to ccf as they're responsible for the refund to the customer, not fnsw. Fnsw are f**king the associations hard.

Not to mention, fnsw saying no refunds if, say, you only get to play 3 matches due to covid cancellations is a massive "go f**k yourself " to every single player in the state.

I'm actually surprised that deregistration hasn't excluded CCF from State Leagues, nor from referee development. Honestly would have expected it to be a "you don't exist " situation for the players, coaches and referees.

Last edited:

Omni

CCF doing all the right things here. Going to all the bodies to try and figure out a solution with all the parties. Wondering if CCF referees are allowed to referee FNSW comps

marinermick

Absolutely disgusting from fnsw.
No refunds for any reason is a big problem- are they saying the won't refund the clubs, or the clubs can't issue redunds?

Because there are obviously a number if reasons why one could demand a right to a refund- if the latter, this puts CCF in breach. Either way it moves huge liability to ccf as they're responsible for the refund to the customer, not fnsw. Fnsw are f**king the associations hard.

Not to mention, fnsw saying no refunds if, say, you only get to play 3 matches due to covid cancellations is a massive "go f**k yourself " to every single player in the state.

I'm actually surprised that deregistration hasn't excluded CCF from State Leagues, nor from referee development. Honestly would have expected it to be a "you don't exist " situation for the players, coaches and referees.

CCF are saying no refunds to clubs not FNSW. Take out the insurance component and the FNSW portion of a player’s registration is less than ten percent, closer to five.

marinermick

CCF doing all the right things here. Going to all the bodies to try and figure out a solution with all the parties. Wondering if CCF referees are allowed to referee FNSW comps

That’s CCF’s side of the story. Referees won’t be allowed to referee in Sydney and the Coast simultaneously. It will have to be one or the other.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that the local clubs won’t be able to access government grants because they will not be playing in a sanctioned competition. That means no improvement in facilities unless the clubs pay one hundred percent for the cost. Last year Ourimbah received ten thousand dollars in government grants.

With federal and state elections coming up this is the worst possible time to go rogue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami