• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

turbo

Enjoy the trip. Hibs had their first competitive game yesterday in the same cup comp and Miller came off the bench. He has been given the number 2 jersey but last years RB is an experienced player with a decent pedigree and he got the nod to start yesterday
I don’t think coming off the bench hurts his game at all. Maybe even helps it to an extent as his opposite may be tiring and he can run at them. Much easier position to break into than say CB in Kye’s case.

greenlig

Rogic’s presence in Sydney has sparked speculation that he could be seeking a move back to the A-League, where he last played in 2013-14 while on loan at Melbourne Victory from Celtic, although sources suggest a return home is unlikely. Before that, he spent two seasons at Central Coast Mariners, where he emerged as one of Australia’s premier young talents. Rogic’s former agent Andy Bernal now works for the Mariners.
That bit caught my eye. Might be in with more of a chance?

Rising Sun

That bit caught my eye. Might be in with more of a chance?
It depends why he is the "former" agent - whether there was any acrimony in the split. I always thought the Canberra connection might give us a chance with him - both in terms of convincing Peil to outlay the cash, and convincing Rogic to come here.

Having read the Rugari article though about how he never told Arnie why he needed to miss the WCQs and has been ignoring his texts since, maybe he is a bit high maintenance which when added to his susceptibility to injury probably makes him a high risk investment

turbo

Having read the Rugari article though about how he never told Arnie why he needed to miss the WCQs and has been ignoring his texts since, maybe he is a bit high maintenance which when added to his susceptibility to injury probably makes him a high risk investment
Or perhaps he knows if he tells Arnold its only a matter of time before the likes of Slater find out and his business becomes public knowledge :popcorn:

If Arnold is still in the dark it would suggest any Sydney rumors are off the mark too, no way he wouldnt have heard something there. Rugari doesnt think its a chance at all.

JoyfulPenguin

Or perhaps he knows if he tells Arnold its only a matter of time before the likes of Slater find out and his business becomes public knowledge :popcorn:

If Arnold is still in the dark it would suggest any Sydney rumors are off the mark too, no way he wouldnt have heard something there. Rugari doesnt think its a chance at all.
He also made comments when leaving Celtic that he didn't want to come back to the A-League. I highly doubt he will sign anyone here.

FFC Mariner

It depends why he is the "former" agent - whether there was any acrimony in the split. I always thought the Canberra connection might give us a chance with him - both in terms of convincing Peil to outlay the cash, and convincing Rogic to come here.

Alternatively there is something going on that he wants kept quiet from the Australian Sokka mafia.

pjennings

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/kye-rowles-handed-australia-best-24497553

Kye Rowles handed Australia 'best player' tag by Hearts pal Nathaniel Atkinson​

Robbie Neilson moved quickly to secure the Australia defender - who picked up his first caps in the recent successful international break that ended with the Socceroos reaching the World Cup finals

Hearts new boy Malik Tillman in action for Australia against Peru in World Cup play-off final

Hearts new boy Malik Tillman in action for Australia against Peru in World Cup play-off final

Nathaniel Atkinson can't wait to get started at Hearts alongside countryman Kye Rowles following his summer transfer from Central Coast Mariners.
Robbie Neilson moved quickly to secure the Australia defender - who picked up his first caps in the recent successful international break that ended with the Socceroos reaching the World Cup finals in Qatar later this year. Jambos ace Atkinson has been good pals with his new team-mate for a long time and has hailed the stopper as the 'best player' in the recent qualifiers.
His qualities shone through as part of Graham Arnold's backline and he reckons the 23-year-old will bring a lot to his new employers as they get set for a massive season. Finishing third behind Celtic and Rangers in the Premiership last term and reaching the Scottish Cup Final has guaranteed Hearts European group stage football. They enter the Europa League play-off round and just stand 180 minutes away from a spot in the tournament proper. Should they lose at this stage and they will drop into the Europa Conference League - meaning eight guaranteed European ties on top of domestic matters.

Atkinson can't wait for the new season to get started and hopes he is able to showcase his talents and secure a place in Australia's World Cup squad by delivering for his club side on the big stage.

Speaking to Edinburgh Evening News about Rowles, he said: “I can’t wait.
“I’ve been good mates with Rowlesy for a long time now.

"I was in the Australian youth teams with him and then the Olympics side. Then we came through in the Socceroos as well and qualified for the World Cup together.
“His first cap was the first qualifier and the second one was to qualify.
"For me, he was our best player in the qualifiers. He’s a terrific player and I think he’s going to bring a lot to this team and help us do well in Europe.”
  • We have some big games coming up early on and we’ve got European football to play. I’m looking forward, hopefully, to being selected for the World Cup, so these big games will benefit me and hopefully I can put in some good performances and have a good season.
“The best way to put my best foot forward and get into the Australia team is to perform for Hearts. I’ll take each game as it comes.”

Allreet?

Nice of Atkinson. I've sung his praises for a while as a future socceroo so pleased to see him get there (although he hasn't quite found his level at international level yet).

Rowles, however, just played a career defining match against Peru and will only get better. Definite Socceroo captain in waiting and EPL within two years.

Michael

Kye was involved in his first pre season game for hearts overnight. Haven’t checked if he got minutes. Looks like he’s been given #12. Interestingly had to be listed as a “trialist” on the team sheet which Hearts said was necessary because his registration hasn’t gone through yet.

so excited to see how Kye goes this season. Scottish Prem is a perfect league for him to develop further.

Insertnamehere

What do actually think of the SPL? I've watched a little bit, mainly Celtic. It seems faster even the lower teams. Certainly gets physical but not as much in what I've seen from years gone by.

pjennings

Kye was involved in his first pre season game for hearts overnight. Haven’t checked if he got minutes. Looks like he’s been given #12. Interestingly had to be listed as a “trialist” on the team sheet which Hearts said was necessary because his registration hasn’t gone through yet.

so excited to see how Kye goes this season. Scottish Prem is a perfect league for him to develop further.
Didn't get time - not registered - but the manager wanted Kye to experience the match day squad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami