• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmac

Suspended
Listening to the presser it sounds like we won’t play before the 15th.
Yeah was just wondering about that myself and came here looking for any updates in regards to the game on the 9th. With things kicking of up here in QLD covid wise, even if we are ready for the 9th, we might find that Brisbane are not.
Has anyone had any updates from the club in regards to player health and welfare?

Ozhammer

Players and staff are returning to training over the course of this week but the Roar game won’t happen as Qld govt won’t allow entry to anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days, which would rule too many of the squad out.

Let’s hope we aren’t asked to play the Jest game behind closed doors….. :mad:

scottmac

Suspended
Players and staff are returning to training over the course of this week but the Roar game won’t happen as Qld govt won’t allow entry to anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days, which would rule too many of the squad out.

Let’s hope we aren’t asked to play the Jest game behind closed doors….. :mad:
I don't think that's right Oz. You just need to be double vaxxed and test negative to a PCR test within 72 hours of arrival. It's been that way since the 13th December. And from new years that test can be rapid antigen.

Last edited:

Ozhammer

I don't think that's right Oz. You just need to be double vaxxed and test negative to a PCR test within 72 hours of arrival. It's been that way since the 13th December. And from new years that test can be rapid antigen.
My understanding is that you have to be 14 days on from any positive test, which is entirely different from a straightforward negative test situation.

scottmac

Suspended
My understanding is that you have to be 14 days on from any positive test, which is entirely different from a straightforward negative test situation.
The health website and the application process does not ask you if you've got or had the virus. You just need to test negative within 72hrs of travel.

AJames

The health website and the application process does not ask you if you've got or had the virus. You just need to test negative within 72hrs of travel.
I think biggest issue would be Roar’s cases.

I didn’t see anything on the border pass about whether you’ve had it. Just as long as the rapid comes back negative within 72 hours.

scottmac

Suspended

I didn’t see anything on the border pass about whether you’ve had it. Just as long as the rapid comes back negative within 72 hours.
Yeah definitely. They're probably a week behind us in regards to it showing through the squad.

Corsair

How do they police this? Do they take your word for it or do you have to do the test under some controlled circumstances?

AJames

How do they police this? Do they take your word for it or do you have to do the test under some controlled circumstances?
I doubt it goes ahead.

From what I’m told you just upload a photo of the result when you apply for your border pass. It’s an honesty system though, pretty sure for the tests without barcodes you could take photos with different backgrounds and use 1 for the whole family.

don’t believe you need to bring the physical evidence with you

scottmac

Suspended
I doubt it goes ahead.

From what I’m told you just upload a photo of the result when you apply for your border pass. It’s an honesty system though, pretty sure for the tests without barcodes you could take photos with different backgrounds and use 1 for the whole family.

don’t believe you need to bring the physical evidence with you
If you arrive by plane the chance of being checked is huge. Road, not so much. The fine is substantial if your caught and some have been charged with fraud when falsifying the Vax cert.

Reactions: adz

midfielder

In the land of WTF.... given QLD are having over 4K cases a day why are there any restrictions today.... QLD officials are predicting over 8k a day within a week...

Insertnamehere

If you arrive by plane the chance of being checked is huge. Road, not so much. The fine is substantial if your caught and some have been charged with fraud when falsifying the Vax cert.
My old girl came up from newy airport the day after that Fanny's cluster sent some one up and she said she had it all ready to be checked and nothing at any point.

scottmac

Suspended
QLD today 5,699.... why have any restrictions between the states now,,,,
There's a thing called the healthcare system here in Australia Middy that has been drastically underfunded for many years and has a very thin workforce. If it collapses, you'll be asking the exact opposite. I know of aged care facilities that have on-site pop up morgues (basically refrigeration containers) to hold bodies because the system won't be able to cope with the influx. You know, exactly what we saw OS, that didn't happen here because 1. We're an island, and 2. Restrictions.

midfielder

There's a thing called the healthcare system here in Australia Middy that has been drastically underfunded for many years and has a very thin workforce. If it collapses, you'll be asking the exact opposite. I know of aged care facilities that have on-site pop up morgues (basically refrigeration containers) to hold bodies because the system won't be able to cope with the influx. You know, exactly what we saw OS, that didn't happen here because 1. We're an island, and 2. Restrictions.
It made sense when they had none or just a few.... but they have almost 6K now .... within a week I read today over 10K... there is no difference between the states now ....

pjennings

It all comes down to slowing the spread to not overcome the health systems. One ward on the central coast yesterday was supposed to have 8 nurses. They brought in two that were supposed to be on night shift. That brought it to 3 when they should have had 8. HCW are being hard hit by the virus itself. Urgent surgeries are being suspended.

The system is in meltdown in NSW and to some extent in Vic. With boosters once again being only available in fewer places and appointments being cancelled now is not the time to follow the boy blunder.

That road only lies to more infections, more hospitalisations and more deaths (maybe not from Covid but from an overrun system that cannot cope with their normal business).

Opening up while the Omicron surge was on has had the opposite effect that the Premier and business wanted with many people voting with their feet and avoiding businesses except for essentials. It certainly didn't provide the boon they were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami