• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Lightning 2009

kevrenor

Not a good start ...

SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 1: FIRST GRADE: Central Coast Lightning 0 - Macarthur
Rams 6 (J Young 40/45m A Cimitile 52m N Martin-Pompl 65m D Fogarty
84/88m); PCYC Parramatta 2 (C Camilleri 24m M Ghobrial 53m) - Spirit FC 2
(L Papanicolaou 42m D Cunningham 82m pen). GRADE 20: Central Coast
Lightning 1 - Macarthur Rams 1, PCYC Parramatta 0 - Spirit FC 1.

SUPER YOUTH LEAGUE: ROUND 1: GRADE 13: Central Coast Lightning 4
Macarthur Rams 0, Dulwich Hill SC 1 Northern Tigers 0, PCYC Parramatta 5
Spirit FC 1, Blacktown Spartans 3 Granville Rage 0, Sydney Wanderers FC
2 Southern NSW FC 2, Western NSW Panthers 1 Schofield Scorpions FC 2.
GRADE 14: Central Coast Lightning 4 Macarthur Rams 1, Dulwich Hill SC 2
Northern Tigers 3, PCYC Parramatta 1 Spirit FC 0, Blacktown Spartans 4
Granville Rage 3, Sydney Wanderers FC 0 Southern NSW FC 2, Western NSW
Panthers 0 Schofield Scorpions FC 0. GRADE 15: Central Coast Lightning 2
Macarthur Rams 2, Dulwich Hill SC 1 Northern Tigers 2, PCYC Parramatta 3
Spirit FC 0, Blacktown Spartans 1 Granville Rage 2, Sydney Wanderers FC
2 Southern NSW FC 2, Western NSW Panthers 2 Schofield Scorpions FC 1.
GRADE 16: Central Coast Lightning 2 Macarthur Rams 6, Dulwich Hill SC 2
Northern Tigers 1, PCYC Parramatta 0 Spirit FC 2, Blacktown Spartans 1
Granville Rage 1, Sydney Wanderers FC 1 Southern NSW FC 0, Western NSW
Panthers 2 Schofield Scorpions FC 0. GRADE 18: Central Coast Lightning 2
Macarthur Rams 2, Dulwich Hill SC 1 Northern Tigers 0, PCYC Parramatta 3
Spirit FC 4, Blacktown Spartans 3 Granville Rage 3, Sydney Wanderers FC
3 Southern NSW FC 0 Win by Forfeit, Western NSW Panthers 3 Schofield
Scorpions FC 3.

offtheball

Anyone have team lists for the 20's and ist grade lightning. Too much to expect CCF to enlighten us.

FFC Mariner

Sigh, more pain and torture but at least its football (just not as we know it)

Wish it wasnt a dry venue, would make it so much more bearable

kevrenor

Extract from FNSW Super League Review for R1:

"Rams fleece Coast

If there was a parade for returned premier leaguers Macarthur Rams at Pluim Park on Saturday night, the visitors sure did their best to rain on it as they rolled a 10-man Central Coast side 6-0 in the opening fixture. Macarthur did have to battle hard to gain the ascendancy with their extra man, but when they did it was to devastating effect as they scored all six goals in the final hour to get their Super League season off to a flyer.

The match did not start at all well for the home side and Central Coast were lucky their opposition missed a number of early chances on goal. But just as the Lightning players started to settle a suspect two-footed tackle on their captain Jamie Lobb on the quarter-hour mark started their downfall. Lobb was taken from the field with suspected knee damage and, five minutes later, a team-mate joined him after receiving his second yellow card.

Central Coast fought hard with a man down and almost took the deadlock into half-time. But Jason Young struck twice in the closing five minutes of the half to steal a 2-0 advantage for Macarthur and take the bang out of the Lightning strikes. Four more second half goals underlined the numerical supremacy of the Rams and their coach Paul Carter was one happy-chappy.

I wouldnt read into a great deal as a lot of little things went to us, he said. I still give credit to our boys as sometimes having a player off can spur teams on and, to [Central Coasts] credit, they never gave up. My young boys were patient, waited for the gaps, and eventually took advantage of the extra man. Sometimes you can get carried away with having an advantage, so it was a bit of maturity on our part.  Carter had a 16-year-old and two 17-year-olds on the park at the end of the game.

To be fair, I thought the send-off was a harsh decision, but punishing a team when they go down to 10 men is not as easy as it sounds, so I take my hat off to my side for that. Central Coast certainly kept on going to the very end, and still tried to play good football with a man down, [but] a first-up win away from home for us is a very good result.

Lightning coach Peter Preston was more obvious. I think the result says it all. We are a young side and showed a bit of naivety. I dont think the sending off was deserved, and I havent heard yet how bad [Jamie Lobbs] knee is. Thats how it went for us; we learned some very tough lessons.

Credit to Macarthur, they got on top of us in that second half. But a week is a long time in football; well assess where were at. We showed some good patches, and if we can keep 11 players on the field I think well be competitive. You would expect Macarthur to be right up there as one of the teams to beat.

Central Coast Lightning 0 Macarthur Rams 6 (J Young 40/45m A Cimitile 52m N Martin-Pompl 65m D Fogarty 84/88m)"

Ben

does anyone know the kick off time for lightning this weekend. i know there at pluim vs parramatta but i don't know what time

Ted

Saturday commencing from 9:00am with the Under 13 match. Under 14 at 10:15am, Under 15 at 11:40am, Under 16 at 1:00pm and Under 18s at 3:00pm. Youth League Games are followed by Lightnings Senior Super League Squads at 5:00pm and 7:30pm.

Redline

I might try and make them actually. The missus won't be to happy about it, but it's only 90 mins. Pluim park, what's the entry fee?

FFC Mariner

Last season they slugged you between $5 and $10 to get into the carpark depending who was on the gate - kids are $5 I think?

Redline

Hopefully $5....it'd better be good for $10. How much is a walk up GA for the Mariners? Like $30? And it's not twice as good quality from what I gather at times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred