• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

turbo

I'd like to see the best passer and dribbler of rowles/ruon/hall slot into DM.
IMO the backline has to be sacred. You dont mess with a good thing to fill a DM slot. Nisbet can play the role, we've seen him shutting down players as good as Castro. He'll be less bruiser more terrier getting into everything. In addition to the youth guys for depth what we're hearing about N'Kololo sounds like maybe he'd be an option if you're looking to experiment.

scottmac

Suspended
IMO the backline has to be sacred. You dont mess with a good thing to fill a DM slot. Nisbet can play the role, we've seen him shutting down players as good as Castro. He'll be less bruiser more terrier getting into everything. In addition to the youth guys for depth what we're hearing about N'Kololo sounds like maybe he'd be an option if you're looking to experiment.
I can't agree more. Nissy has earned his place in the 11 at HIS position and when played there I suggest he'll have a better passing range than Stens does.

Insertnamehere

Niz does deserve his spot and I wasnt advocating for him to miss out but he ain't the kind of DM we need. He needs to develop a game similar to Oli.
We've always had success with a big body there. Jedi, Rostyn, Stens.

scottmac

Suspended
I can't agree more. Nissy has earned his place in the 11 at HIS position and when played there I suggest he'll have a better passing range than Stens does.
And to add to that, it'll take the pressure off of his shooting and he'll more than likely get a few more chances coming from deep without the pressure he's received playing wide. I'm calling it now, NIssy to break his duck early this season

scottmac

Suspended
Niz does deserve his spot and I wasnt advocating for him to miss out but he ain't the kind of DM we need. He needs to develop a game similar to Oli.
We've always had success with a big body there. Jedi, Rostyn, Stens.
I'm not sure. I can defs see where you're coming from but I think he'll be underestimated in the position and perform very very well as a ball winning and deep playmaking midfielder. He's had next to no time there and when he was there performed well. Think of his time spent marking old mate from Western United, Diamanti. Won the ball countless times from one of the comps best ball handlers.

Insertnamehere

I'm not sure. I can defs see where you're coming from but I think he'll be underestimated in the position and perform very very well as a ball winning and deep playmaking midfielder. He's had next to no time there and when he was there performed well. Think of his time spent marking old mate from Western United, Diamanti. Won the ball countless times from one of the comps best ball handlers.
Off their feet absolutely. Having seen him live he is waaaaaay nuggetier than I imagined. As a massive fan of his, I would be gladly shown to be wrong. Also part of his game is those small triangles to get forward, which I think he would have to restrain to play that role.

Its a great discussion to be able to have though!

scottmac

Suspended
Off their feet absolutely. Having seen him live he is waaaaaay nuggetier than I imagined. As a massive fan of his, I would be gladly shown to be wrong. Also part of his game is those small triangles to get forward, which I think he would have to restrain to play that role.

Its a great discussion to be able to have though!
Yeah definitely get the difference between off the feet and cutting off the pass you're making there. But if you're taking it off their feet they're not passing it.......... Ollie can be the interceptor, or the guys at the back have also proven very useful stepping into passing lanes and stopping attacks.

I think his strengths will prove a difference in that position more so than where he's been mainly deployed so far.

pjennings

We could always play as a 3-4-3 in attack

---------------------Birighitti------------------
----------Hall------Ruon-----------Rowles
---------------------------Bozanic-----
-----------Nisbet-----------------
Goddard--------------------------Nkololo/Moresche
--------------------Muller---------------------
-----------Simon------------Urena------------

4-4-2 in defence

------Hall------Ruon-----Bozanic------Rowles
Goddard----Nisbet ------Muller---Nkololo/Moresche

Insertnamehere

4-4-2 in defence

No sir, I don't like it. Feels too exposed at the back to a counter.

Corsair

4-4-2 in defence

He mentioned Moresche! he mentioned Moresche! Did you see? He mentioned Moresche!

Ozhammer

From what I have seen, Farrell seems to be shading Smith for the starting LB spot, which is a bit of a surprise, as I thought he might need a year as understudy to develop further and I am a fan of Smith. Nice problem to have in a notoriously difficult position to fill.

Corsair

Moresche will be out of quarantine on Monday and with the Mariners. They hold high hopes for him. Urena is fitter and looks like having a good year. Muller picked up a slight hamstring strain. Club hopes it isn't that bad as he was training well. Goddard looks good.
Monday being 1 Nov when quaratine rules change?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami