• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

FFC Mariner

It may be me but I think his heading prowess has declined. He seems not to get the jump that he used to and gets under the ball more.
I think he will be that annoying player that comes on with 20 to go and bundles home that late goal (and gets a card)

scottmac

Suspended
It may be me but I think his heading prowess has declined. He seems not to get the jump that he used to and gets under the ball more.
I think he will be that annoying player that comes on with 20 to go and bundles home that late goal (and gets a card)
We all thought that last season too......... we're bound to be right eventually, not sure that's this year though. He's shown that he's still physically capable of applying that unique tenacity across many minutes. If Monty can find a way to get all the attackers involved and Simon still provides the better option then I can only see a repeat of last year. This team looks like it will provide him more chances.

turbo

We all thought that last season too......... we're bound to be right eventually, not sure that's this year though. He's shown that he's still physically capable of applying that unique tenacity across many minutes. If Monty can find a way to get all the attackers involved and Simon still provides the better option then I can only see a repeat of last year. This team looks like it will provide him more chances.
He isn’t. Generally looks cooked by the hour mark, sometimes well before. And agree that his aerial prowess seems to have waned.

Last season was great but we can’t expect it’s the new norm rather than a purple patch. I think his strength is still coming off the bench and firing up the squad, leading and defending from the front.

scottmac

Suspended
He isn’t. Generally looks cooked by the hour mark, sometimes well before. And agree that his aerial prowess seems to have waned.

Last season was great but we can’t expect it’s the new norm rather than a purple patch. I think his strength is still coming off the bench and firing up the squad, leading and defending from the front.
You say it's his strength and yet he's never played that role for us? The last time he played that role was a few seasons ago and for another team.............

turbo

You say it's his strength and yet he's never played that role for us? The last time he played that role was a few seasons ago and for another team.............
He has come off the bench for us at times since he returned and you can see the shift it brings. Even when he starts his defending from the front and on set pieces is a big part of his game. Only really falls off when he's tired because its tough for anyone to do for 90 minutes nevermind someone in their mid 30s. So I think its fair to say those are his strengths.

scottmac

Suspended
He has come off the bench for us at times since he returned and you can see the shift it brings. Even when he starts his defending from the front and on set pieces is a big part of his game. Only really falls off when he's tired because its tough for anyone to do for 90 minutes nevermind someone in their mid 30s. So I think its fair to say those are his strengths.
Yeah I know what your saying. I sang from the same hymn sheet the last 2 years. I think his role will be down to how well our other forwards after Urena play and what actual role they play. I just believe his form warrants the starting position and someone will have to do very well to take it from him because he's not showing signs of backing off.

pjennings

That's the thing. If he deserves his spot he will get it ( I assume centrally). If it is lineball Monty will make the decision as to what is best for the team. To me lifting the team when others are flagging may well be better for the team than him starting.

Big Dog

Interesting, good to see him being given a second chance then, in his interview Monty seemed to think they'd both earned their opportunity. No idea what the issues were but every kid has a hard time at some point or another, fingers crossed he's through the worst of it now. Would be interesting to see an academy game, we seem to have quite a few prospects coming through.
He seems genuinely grateful to be given another chance after what appeared to be a lost opportunity. I also hope he can turn things around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami