• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Tevor

With all five of our visa players attack minded players it is obvious that Monty is planning on an attack based game plan. Should be good to watch. Look forward to watching some of the combinations developing. I am sure Urena is looking forward to having more attackers around him.
As long as we don't leak too many goals. Other teams have added quality to their attacking thirds so the defence will get a real test this season. I'm glad our defence had a good last season to build their experience/confidence in what was probably an easier season than what is coming. You get the feeling there will be stacks of goals this season across the comp. I consider Monty is planning on having to score plenty of goals to stay in games hence the focus on attack. You don't want to be losing 3-2 too many times.

I'm not getting carried away before this season, I would be happy for us to be a mid table team and put up a real fight every game and would love to be in the finals again. We appear to have recruited well with what resources we have and I feel good about that however when I look at our competition they are all stronger than last season and some considerably. Have we been able to keep pace is the question that will be answered as the season progresses.

Please don't think I'm a dooms dayer, I like to call it nervous excitement and as we seen last year some success helps the club massively. Two good seasons also helps us distance ourselves from 6 to 7 very poor seasons. Will be interesting to see the predictions before the season, I assume most will have us towards the bottom. Nothing like a good underdog mentally to help Monty pump up the boys.

Corsair

You get the feeling there will be stacks of goals this season across the comp
I think you're right. I'm glad we've got a strong keeper in Birraz and what looks like a decent backup now as well. Centre back s I have plenty of confidence in, fullbacks, well we've got choices now so he can bring in whoever is on form. We'll have less strength in midfield but a far more potent attack. If we can transition quickly we're going to be very dangerous, as I've mentioned before I think we need Ollie to be distributing much more quickly than last season. Nizzy is going to be a big help in that, he's a very forward looking attacking player and is good at moving the ball forwards.

Forum Phoenix

I wouldn’t mind an additional late 20s-early 30s CB to be honest, if it’s at all possible
Any injury or suspension to kye or Ruon and we’re a little bare
Storms attitude after seeing how he went at victory is one of the only genuine concerns for me with the squad.
Hall is a genuine talent and Miller can do a job. And Ruon and Kye are not injury prone, so I feel very confident about CB. To be honest I would have put money on losing that pairing for this season. Personally I wouldn’t trade them for any other pairing in the league.

turbo

Depends on the teams overall strength to run 3 5 2 sometimes its better to run 5 3 2 and sometimes on what formation the other side has...
Still need 3 CBs and we dont have much depth if someone is injured. Yeah you can change if needed but I dont think we've seen that done well recently so I'd rather have a defensive structure we set and stick with. Had a good thing last season no need to mess with the backline.

pjennings

Bring Hall into a 352 and have Miller and Farrell as WB's
Ollie and Niz in the middle
Goddard at 10 then Urena and the Brazilian up top
TBH I thing this will be a generally attacking year. and can see us as a 3-4-3. But playing without either Farrell or Miller

Set up as

---------------------Birighitti--------------------

-----------Hall------Ruon-----------Rowles

----------------------------Bozanic----------------
------------Nisbet----------------------------
Goddard----------------------------------Muller

------------------Moresche---------------
------Simon-----------------------Urena------------

Revert to 4-3-3 in defence

-Hall-----------Ruon-------Bozanic--------Rowles
----------------------Nisbet-----------------------
----Goddard------------------------Muller

Corsair

TBH I thing this will be a generally attacking year. and can see us as a 3-4-3. But playing without either Farrell or Miller

Set up as

-----------Hall------Ruon-----------Rowles

----------------------------Bozanic----------------
------------Nisbet----------------------------
Goddard----------------------------------Muller

Revert to 4-3-3 in defence

-Hall-----------Ruon-------Bozanic--------Rowles
----------------------Nisbet-----------------------
----Goddard------------------------Muller
I like this setup.

scottmac

Suspended
That 3-4-3 come 4-3-3 can quite easily be set up as a 4-4-2 narrow diamond with a sweeper when attacking and a flat back four in defence.
But why? We don't have enough cb's to run it and it's foreign to the players now. You get an injury and you're f**ked. The 442 pushes your right and left back forward in attack anyway with your dm dropping in to receive and distribute. You don't need 3 cb's. Plus the thought of using your best dm in the middle of defence just to put an extra attacker on the field is ludicrous. Puts so much pressure on the middle to not turn the ball over and would push more of your play down the wings. Just set up as a familiar 442 and be more solid in defence especially if you do turn the ball over.

If this comp is to be about more goals scored as suggested then the team that does the best will be the one that doesn't concede easily.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred