• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

scottmac

Suspended
he’d honestly be an excellent pick up. As with any “visa” player coming here, he does need to have the right attitude.
But he has good ability and hunger off the ball. Yeah he’s a larrikin but that could bring a heap of fans back to the stadium.
I just can't see Monty risking it if he didn't get the assurances he was looking for or if Cumdog wasn't up for the role or challenge. This won't be a "let's go to Australia for a pay day" deal that many other players come for at the "fancier" clubs. He'll be wanting the world cup and to be honest if he knocks in a third or a quarter, even a fifth of the chances he'll get here, he'll get a ticket.

scottmac

Suspended
The simple solution is he's most likely to bump Moresche to a bench/rotation role, I feel like Urena is higher in the pecking order and creates more. Might ruffle a few feathers but will also take some heat off him and Urena to be both creator and finishers. Sometimes less pressure means more results.

I wouldnt rock the boat with formation but an option might be a 4-3-3 to get all 3 across the front and some combo of Nkolo/Goddard/Steele/Ballard - Oli - Nisbet behind them. Feels like too much upheaval to fit 3 players together who aren't prolific in their scoring so far.
I like the idea of a 433 but for mine Nisbet gets the pine in that formation. His defending and winning the ball is top notch, but his passing is too often underhit in the final third and his shooting, well. There is no one else in the team that can be counted on however to man mark anyone out of a game so it comes at that cost.
I'd rather the 442 and move Moresche into the left wing spot and sit Nkololo or visa versa. I mean initially we're going to sit Cummings and he'll take Tsekenis spot on the bench. But if he is a standard above what we've already got he'll have to start at some stage.

turbo

I like the idea of a 433 but for mine Nisbet gets the pine in that formation. His defending and winning the ball is top notch, but his passing is too often underhit in the final third and his shooting, well. There is no one else in the team that can be counted on however to man mark anyone out of a game so it comes at that cost.
I'd rather the 442 and move Moresche into the left wing spot and sit Nkololo or visa versa. I mean initially we're going to sit Cummings and he'll take Tsekenis spot on the bench. But if he is a standard above what we've already got he'll have to start at some stage.
I don’t think we can afford to lose Nizzys work rate. Looked a shadow of himself in the FFA cup game despite doing as much as everyone else just because we’re used to seeing him going flat out for 90 mins. Moresche to left wing would make more sense than benching Nizzy

scottmac

Suspended
I don’t think we can afford to lose Nizzys work rate. Looked a shadow of himself in the FFA cup game despite doing as much as everyone else just because we’re used to seeing him going flat out for 90 mins. Moresche to left wing would make more sense than benching Nizzy
Yeah definitely. That's why I'd rather the 442. If we do change format mid game to chase a game then you'd sit Nisbet and have 2 mids that are more threatening in the final third. Or go 343 and bring either Faz or Miller forward, or sit both seeing as though we've got 5 subs now and bring on Tongyik and a forward.

shipwreck

Monty isn't an idiot and is a better man manager than we have had to date, that includes Arnold imo.

Let's not forget that he has a group of hormone ravaged teenagers willing to run over hot coals for him, I am sure he has come accross a cumdog or two before in his experience playing, managing youth and scouting.

VonBowellski

If he did come in, I would be interested in seeing move to a 4-2-3-1 formation. Cummings up front with Urena sitting directly behind him. Cy on the right and either Moresche/Muller on the left. Nis and Ollie in the DM. This in my opinion give multiple formation switchs quick quickly to suit how the game goes i.e. 433, 4321, 442. Plus Nis can move up and cover either Cy or Urena with Balard or steele coming on. Who ever gets the bench out of Muller/Moresche can cover the entire front 4 spots, and N'kololo for each wing.

Ozhammer

I would be inclined to trust Monty and Ken’s judgement on this and let’s not lose sight of the fact that this isn’t a Hail Mary signing as might have been the case in the past (Garcia anyone?).

As the club is a bit of a redemption story itself, his backstory kind of fits that narrative anyway. Plus, I am sure that the club will have protected itself far better contractually than it has notoriously has in the past.

pjennings

I can’t be the only one that would rather us not pick up Cumdog. Seems more trouble than he’s worth.
I'm sure you are not alone. But with Matty injured and an unknown quantity when he comes back. Marcos trying to make call-ups to the Costa Rica team, a compressed calendar due to Covid, the possibility of an extra 7 fixtures including 6 in 11 days a calculated risk is probably worth it.

I would be inclined to trust Monty and Ken’s judgement on this and let’s not lose sight of the fact that this isn’t a Hail Mary signing as might have been the case in the past (Garcia anyone?).

As the club is a bit of a redemption story itself, his backstory kind of fits that narrative anyway. Plus, I am sure that the club will have protected itself far better contractually than it has notoriously has in the past.
This

Kilsin

I can’t be the only one that would rather us not pick up Cumdog. Seems more trouble than he’s worth.
I reckon Monty will keep him in check but I am more concerned about his performance, hopefully, he can hit the ground running here and pick up from his earlier years at Hibs.

1642815638680.png

1642815671787.png

scottmac

Suspended
Maclaren got 9 from 27 at Hibs then went onto 57 from 65 at City. They are similar players from what I've seen. I'm not expecting him to replicate what Maclaren has done but he won't be an out and out failure unless his commitment to the team is left wanting

Kilsin

Maclaren got 9 from 27 at Hibs then went onto 57 from 65 at City. They are similar players from what I've seen. I'm not expecting him to replicate what Maclaren has done but he won't be an out and out failure unless his commitment to the team is left wanting
Yeah, it would be great if he performs well for us. Even half of those numbers would be great for us with our other potential scorers.

I didn't realise he was similar to Mclaren, good to know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred