• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Michael

Cy is a good player, I’d prefer to keep him than lose him. I think Monty appreciates his ability too. Think about it… he’s been quite unlucky with injuries and then corona knocked him about for almost 2 months. And not one person on here could’ve predicted Beni would reach the level he’s currently playing at. For the majority of the season beni was literally bambi on ice. Credit to him, he’s in career best form and I’m loving it. Who’s to say Cy can’t hit form next season? He’s certainly capable. (Probably abit late for it this season)
Moresche has clearly had the ability most the season but struggled to fully gel and settle until recently.
Muller I wouldn’t mind losing.
I think if Ollie’s gone I think now is the time to really solidify our youth boys.. guys like Miller, niz, fazz, max, hally. Upgrade their contracts to what you’d be paying an older more experienced player. Then we’re able to promote even more of our excellent youth to scholars or full contracts. Guys like Bayliss, Jok, Windust etc. And keep this train rolling into next season. Probably sign one maybe 2 decent senior players to add to Birra, Marco, Kye and storm. And just on Miller. I don’t think the MacArthur deal is done. I think perhaps there was very strong interest but it didn’t happen. Since that commentator mentioned it a month ago the club and millers social media activity paints a totally different story.

FFC Mariner

Cy is a good player, I’d prefer to keep him than lose him. I think Monty appreciates his ability too. Think about it… he’s been quite unlucky with injuries and then corona knocked him about for almost 2 months. And not one person on here could’ve predicted Beni would reach the level he’s currently playing at. For the majority of the season beni was literally bambi on ice. Credit to him, he’s in career best form and I’m loving it. Who’s to say Cy can’t hit form next season? He’s certainly capable. (Probably abit late for it this season)
Moresche has clearly had the ability most the season but struggled to fully gel and settle until recently.
I think if Ollie’s gone I think now is the time to really solidify our youth boys.. guys like Miller, niz, fazz, max, hally. Upgrade their contracts to what you’d be paying an older more experienced player. Then we’re able to promote even more of our excellent youth to scholars or full contracts. Guys like Bayliss, Jok, Windust etc. And keep this train rolling into next season. Probably sign one maybe 2 decent senior players to add to Birra, Marco, Kye and storm. And just on Miller. I don’t think the MacArthur deal is done. I think perhaps there was very strong interest but it didn’t happen. Since that commentator mentioned it a month ago the club and millers social media activity paints a totally different story.
Bulls claim he is signed sealed and delivered.

Tevor

I also didn't join the Beni bash a thon, I thought he was going to be handy after that first game against the Scum but didn't think he was going to influence game results as much as he has. He looks very happy here and you can see why in Europe he probably does not get the credit he deserves as he does not look poised on the ball at times.

On another note, Marco. At the games I sit behind our bench and it was great to see on Saturday arvo he was talking to boys on the bench and didn't seem to have any attitude or hold a grudge to being benched at the moment waiting for his opportunity. He seems to really like being a mentor and senior player in this squad and I don't think we get to see or appreciate what he adds to the team off the park. He looked well rested and sharp when he came on, I think he may have been starting to get fatigued a few games ago so this break could be a blessing come finals time. Pretty sure up to a few games ago he had played the most minutes of any player in the squad.

If we retained Cy I wouldn't be too upset. If he goes back to India then perhaps he also didn't think he could cut it in the A League.

Man Overboard

He looks very happy here and you can see why in Europe he probably does not get the credit he deserves as he does not look poised on the ball at times.
Maybe its the long strides but he seems to be deceptively fast. I am amazed watching him chase down opponents with a head start and still beat them to the ball. He also works hard in defence and his advantages like deliveries to strikers, and that wicked left foot more than make up for the occasional stumble with the ball close to his feet in heavy traffic.

Corsair

Maybe its the long strides but he seems to be deceptively fast. I am amazed watching him chase down opponents with a head start and still beat them to the ball. He also works hard in defence and his advantages like deliveries to strikers, and that wicked left foot more than make up for the occasional stumble with the ball close to his feet in heavy traffic.
He looks a lot better than the footage of him from France. I think being in a better team has allowed him to lift his game. Very good scouting (or very lucky).

Michael

He looks a lot better than the footage of him from France. I think being in a better team has allowed him to lift his game. Very good scouting (or very lucky).
Definitely good scouting and confidence from Monty knowing he could coach him into a good player. He saw a tall, strong and decently quick player. I reckon his technical ability has improved astronomically during this season.
he had tiny flashes of it early on, but he’s so consistently dangerous now. Scoring some brilliant goals.

style_cafe

I also didn't join the Beni bash a thon, I thought he was going to be handy after that first game against the Scum but didn't think he was going to influence game results as much as he has. He looks very happy here and you can see why in Europe he probably does not get the credit he deserves as he does not look poised on the ball at times.

On another note, Marco. At the games I sit behind our bench and it was great to see on Saturday arvo he was talking to boys on the bench and didn't seem to have any attitude or hold a grudge to being benched at the moment waiting for his opportunity. He seems to really like being a mentor and senior player in this squad and I don't think we get to see or appreciate what he adds to the team off the park. He looked well rested and sharp when he came on, I think he may have been starting to get fatigued a few games ago so this break could be a blessing come finals time. Pretty sure up to a few games ago he had played the most minutes of any player in the squad.

If we retained Cy I wouldn't be too upset. If he goes back to India then perhaps he also didn't think he could cut it in the A League.
Cy seriously needs to do what Miller did last season in terms of bulking up :popcorn:

pjennings

Absolutely. I saw him operating just in front of me (pre-covid). Unfortunately it seems to have hit him pretty hard. Interest from overseas does not necessarily mean he is going anywhere.

Michael

Absolutely. I saw him operating just in front of me (pre-covid). Unfortunately it seems to have hit him pretty hard. Interest from overseas does not necessarily mean he is going anywhere.
Ofcourse it doesn’t. And he’s contracted for next season too.
he’s a pretty quiet guy so it’s hard to get a read on him tbh. I don’t really agree with some that he needs to “bulk up”. He’s not that sort of player. Just needed a run of uninterrupted games and some form. I felt like he hasn’t really had that. Not because of ability or coach opinion.

style_cafe

he’s a pretty quiet guy so it’s hard to get a read on him tbh. I don’t really agree with some that he needs to “bulk up”. He’s not that sort of player. Just needed a run of uninterrupted games and some form. I felt like he hasn’t really had that. Not because of ability or coach opinion.
By "bulking up" I mean he needs to do a lot of gym and strength work as he`s been easily pushed off the ball and tends to shy away from the heavy the tackles that are typical in the A League.
If he did more strength training and added a few kg`s (not HULK Hogan type big) he would gain a lot more confidence to use his skills... :popcorn:

turbo

He needs to put on a bit of muscle or work out how to be a bit stronger on his feet if he wants to succeed in this league. Putting on a bit of mass helped Nisbet massively but even looking around the league you have a few other smaller players like Bernardo for Adelaide that doesnt get bullied off the ball like Cy has been. Many instances are probably fouls in other leagues but 50-50 at most here. He has a lot of other good qualities but that adjustment is make or break.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb