• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

pjennings

This will provide Mariners Head Coach Nick Montgomery with more options in his squad which is a good headache to have.

“As a club, we pride ourselves on giving young players opportunities, but only those that deserve to be there. We will be looking to add to the scholars in the new year and everyone at the club is thankful for the investment that our sponsors make at a youth level, which make these opportunities possible.”

----

So we are at 18 players plus 2 scholarship players. Given a budget of 18 players and 4 scholarship players that sounds like 2 more scholarship players to come.

Who are likely from our NPL2 players or trialists?

Also if Moresche was signed after a failed medical by Dabney Dos Santos does that mean we may have a little in the kitty for a non-scholarship player?

Last edited:

pjennings

As Good as Goddard for Central Coast Mariners​

BYMITCHELL ROESE

NOVEMBER 10, 2021

Central Coast Mariners have added more international talent to their squad in the form of midfielder Cy Goddard.​

The 24-year-old Japanese international has settled in the A-League Men after stints overseas and is ready to hit the ground running.
The decision to play in Australia was influenced by former teammate and now A-League rival Adam La Fondre last season.
“He said it’d be a really good league for me to develop and play, so a big factor was watching it last year and really wanting to be involved in the league,” Goddard said.

Born in London, Goddard spent 10 years in the Tottenham Hotspur academy, appearing in their U18, U21 and U23 teams.
Goddard then joined Serie B side Benevento in 2018, before signing with Mumbai City FC after a stint in the Cypriot First Division with Pafos.
Last season was big for Goddard, playing in 19 of Mumbai City’s Indian Super League matches. The midfielder carved out one goal and three assists, helping the team capture both the league winner’s shield and ISL trophy.

These experiences have made Goddard a fast learner, intent on carrying his finals experiences and successes into the Mariners squad.
“I’ve learnt a lot from the experiences going abroad with different managers and different players, and really picking up things that I can improve on my game,” he said.
“I want to add towards my game and be the best player that I can be on the pitch this season, to really help the team improve and have a good season this year.”

173A5368-300x200.jpg

With weeks of pre-season training and one trial match under his belt, Goddard is shaping to be a diverse utility.
While a small figure, his quickness and agility with the ball will prove deadly against opposing defenders in the middle and out wide.
Head coach Nick Montgomery has already laid some pointers to get the best out of Goddard.
“It’s positioning where he wants me to get a good attacking area so I can show myself on the ball and for me to be aggressive on the ball and try create as many chances and make as big an impact as I can,” Goddard said.

Committed to his Japanese heritage, representing Japan’s national side is a goal of Goddard’s.
Previously representing the Samurai Blue at youth level, Goddard believes quality performances for the Mariners may bolster this goal.
“As long as I’m performing well here, I’ll have the opportunities in the future,” he said.
“Really just gonna keep my head down this year and perform the best I can.”

173A3681-300x200.jpg

The Mariners play their first game against historic F3 rivals Newcastle Jets in two weeks and an A-League Men’s debut could be on the cards for Goddard.
“Everyone’s buzzing to play the first game and now the first game is going to be a derby, which gives it a little bit of an edge,” he said.
“All the boys are really looking forward to it and I can’t wait until it starts.”

https://thefootballsack.com.au/2021/11/as-good-as-goddard-for-central-coast-mariners.html

scoober

I thought I saw where he was training with first grade recently? That would be a rapid demise to go from that to then being considered not good enough to even merit another year with the NPL to see how he developed.
Are you thinking of Manny Aguek? from Western United

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami