• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CEO comment for fans and members

Huddo

In Richards defence, we don't know the whole story, what withdrawing from this type of deal may cost the league. The issue isn't that he's decided to maintain the deal, it's that the APL was happy not to consult with most of the share holders when the deal was initially struck.

Shaun Mielekamp

G'day Shaun.

Really appreciate the statement, does clear up some things.

it is early days in a very fluid situation ( that will most likely require a review in the future). It does seem to an outsider alot of these issues could have been resolved with a small amount of Communication & transparency at an executive level within the A-league.

Can I please ask a question, if you were only told about this situation on Saturday Morning and supposedly it had been getting organised for over 12 months as stated in other media releases, why does this discrepancy exist? is there a lack of communication occuring between the clubs at an APL level?
On this matter yes.

FFC Mariner

Is that what happened? As Shaun said

The APL is structured with a board that holds five club chairman who make all key decisions for the APL. The Central Coast Mariners are not represented on that board.

...I'd like to start by confirming that no-one at Central Coast Mariners had the opportunity to be involved in the decision and we were not consulted on the matter.

I can also confirm that last night when finally given the opportunity to have a voice on the topic our Chairman Richard Peil recommended we take inspiration from the approaches used by sporting leagues like the NFL, which allows cities to bid years in advance for hosting rights. A method of this kind can ensure every location gets a fair go at hosting, whilst also maintaining the long term financial stability of the league.

There was a statement
that was posted by APL last night which had Richard Peil's name included, this was quickly removed because there was no agreement from Richard and other Chairman that this would go out that way. Whilst all the chairman excluding one were in attendance in the shareholders meeting from which that statement came from it is important to note this.

While I don't like Richard's comment (Australia is not the US) it seems that given the board is structured the way and the fact that the decision was made by the Board not the shareholders he really had no involvement.

The question then becomes why is the Board constituted in this way.
Slight difference. He was involved in yesterday's vote and he chose greed over people.
His attempt to justify shafting the fans does him no credit.
At least under Mike Charlesworth he would be brave enough to be honest.
Only 4 chairmen voted against this deal
Tricky Dicky wasn't one of them.
Just another chancer. So sad that we have another one. This will end badly for CCM

pjennings

Slight difference. He was involved in yesterday's vote and he chose greed over people.
His attempt to justify shafting the fans does him no credit.
At least under Mike Charlesworth he would be brave enough to be honest.
Only 4 chairmen voted against this deal
Tricky Dicky wasn't one of them.
Just another chancer. So sad that we have another one. This will end badly for CCM
I've seen two different lists one from Ray Gatt where it says Richard voted for it (albeit after the decision had been made) and one that said we are opposed. Not sure which is right.

Either way if the decision was already made and backing out of the deal was not an option i.e. contracts signed (and what would backing out mean?) - did he really have a choice.

TBH I would have preferred rather than an agreement as such I would have preferred a grudging ratification
  1. noting that it was a done deal
  2. noting that the structure of the APL does not currently give our club or our fans and members the opportunity to have a voice in these decisions.
  3. noting that with the representation on the board of only 5 APL shareholders (predominantly or exclusively from big cities) that this decision should not have been made without reference to all shareholders.
  4. noting that the structure from (2) needs to change

i.e. a lot of what Shaun said today.

FFC Mariner

Belief in Dick will end in tears, Im a Fulham fan we own thr rights to owners that f**k you over. This bloke will be a problem. Wait and see
The Academy debacle was a sign of his meddling, wait until Monty is on the nose - then it will be on for young and old.
Lesson

FFC Mariner

I've seen two different lists one from Ray Gatt where it says Richard voted for it (albeit after the decision had been made) and one that said we are opposed. Not sure which is right.

Either way if the decision was already made and backing out of the deal was not an option i.e. contracts signed (and what would backing out mean?) - did he really have a choice.

TBH I would have preferred rather than an agreement as such I would have preferred a grudging ratification
  1. noting that it was a done deal
  2. noting that the structure of the APL does not currently give our club or our fans and members the opportunity to have a voice in these decisions.
  3. noting that with the representation on the board of only 5 APL shareholders (predominantly or exclusively from big cities) that this decision should not have been made without reference to all shareholders.
  4. noting that the structure from (2) needs to change

i.e. a lot of what Shaun said today.
your belief in unicorns and pixies is cute :)

Wombat

The APL would never let us host even if we earned the right to anyway, see the time when we earned it and played in Sydney anyway. So honestly I don’t care about this. Everyone else is just getting treated the same way we do
100% that is the case. I posted the same on Adelaide's forum. I'm sorry for every other club that they are now going to feel the deceit/corruption that the FFA (now APL) bestow upon our game.

We accept that we will and always have been defecated on by those dogs at the FFA.......but maybe the other clubs won't except this.

In defense of Richard, he is a Newbie here and hasn't really experienced the blatant manipulation of results by the FFA so his naivety is excused imho.

I do support a walk out in support of all the clubs but i won't walk on on my team tbh.

Crazy times.

turbo

Shaun can you explain this section. Emphasis is mine:

If the vote went in favour of attempting to pull out of the deal, it was not certain if that was legally even possible. It was also made abundantly clear that exiting the deal would result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in essential funding to the Mariners from the League being drastically reduced.

What are we referring to there? The club would get less than before this whole thing was floated if we pulled out? Or we wouldn’t get the additional few hundred grand per year? Because if it’s the former how the hell did that situation arise?

turbo

Grubby little chancer who sold out fans for money
Under him we’ve got some of the cheapest memberships of recent times if not ever. Not so cut and dry.

If he is saying their reps have signed and delivered a deal they will need to pay to get out of and club funding will either be down (on pre deal levels) or they get some extra funds that’s not an easy or fair decision to put on someone. Seems like the APL board needs reform if that’s the case.

VonBowellski

After reading Richards email, I can understand more why he voted yes. From his account, the deal was done and it would have been legally and financially tricky to get out of it. Given how we were f**ked over from qhat should have been our home grand final and the reality of us getting a future grand final, then I am glad we are getting money out of this as we got nothing last time this happened to us.

My biggest issue, and like many others, is how this was communicated and how do 5 clubs get a say in this without communicating to all team owners before signing a contract. I'm sure the final money value would have been a lot higher if the decision went out to proper tender as well.

Michael

He had no involvement in the initial decision. But he was at the emergency meeting on Tuesday night and voted to keep the deal in place. He is scum.
You’re 1000% overreacting. Calm down champ. Did you not read the massive spiel Rich released? He was basically forced along with the other clubs to vote to not try cancel the deal. He’s right, they legally can’t cancel the deal. Focus your anger at the 5 clubs that created the whole f**king fiasco.

Bit tough being angry at Rich for this. No prior involvement in the deal being made. Finds out night before announcement. Basically cannot do anything to stop it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami