• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Council Administrator - Community Asset Sell Off

midfielder

Not sure how much of the rest of the Coast is affected but with the Peninsula enjoying mega to the power mega house price increases over recent years the Administrator has earmarked a number of community assets for sale to and these include Football fields and parks .

The "Pelican Post" a local Peninsular rag has an excellent fron cover article titled """ Peninsula Assets On The Block" the link to the paper is but I can't link the article is https://coastcommunitynews.com.au/pelican-post/

Also on the Coast Community News site, who BTW own Pelican News... also have a story on it...

As a guide The Oval at Ettalong on Fassifern Street is on the block for sale... use google maps and I am sure many will recognise the oval...

It appears to pay off the debt the Administrator is willing to sell anything the council owns .... which tis interesting if you consider the stadium ...

Not sure how / what but the council is seeking community feedback ... so F..........ing let em have it...

style_cafe

They could sell the libraries & sell off either Wyong or Gosford council building ( probably Gosford as we don`t need 2).
They could move the council depot at Erina to another spot and make that into a park with some apartments nearby (being water front it would attract $$$).
Sue the incompetent people responsible for the mess too. :popcorn:

Pirate Pete

They could sell the libraries & sell off either Wyong or Gosford council building ( probably Gosford as we don`t need 2).
They could move the council depot at Erina to another spot and make that into a park with some apartments nearby (being water front it would attract $$$).
Sue the incompetent people responsible for the mess too. :popcorn:
Sorry, but no way can they sell off the libraries.
They're used by far too many people for that to be ever allowed.
Even though my family doesn't use them as much now the kids are growing up that would be a thing I'd get out on the streets and protest about.
*Can I still get a lift to Newcastle after disagreeing with you? Please?

As for the council buildings. Who'd want them?
With people working from home more I wouldn't think Gosford would need more office space.
And I've said before if more office space is needed I think companies would be locating outside of Gosford.
There was talk of turning office building into accommodation. Maybe that would work.

The incompetent people? I think it was Adam Crouch on the radio the other week saying there wouldn't be an investigation. He thought it would be better to "move forward" rather than be "finger pointing".
I'd prefer some kind of kangaroo court myself and have the incompetents marched through Gosford.
Put in the stock and have rotten fruit & veggies throw at them.

Big Al

Even though my family doesn't use them as much now the kids are growing up that would be a thing I'd get out on the streets and protest about.

With people working from home more I wouldn't think Gosford would need more office space.
And I've said before if more office space is needed I think companies would be locating outside of Gosford.
There was talk of turning office building into accommodation. Maybe that would work.

The incompetent people? I think it was Adam Crouch on the radio the other week saying there wouldn't be an investigation. He thought it would be better to "move forward" rather than be "finger pointing".
I'd prefer some kind of kangaroo court myself and have the incompetents marched through Gosford.
If only my wife would go with the “lt’s better to move forward instead of an investigation” :redcard:

Commericial buildings will still have a place they just will be in smaller lots than the traditional big buildings. More meeting rooms etc

Pirate Pete

If only my wife would go with the “lt’s better to move forward instead of an investigation” :redcard:

Commericial buildings will still have a place they just will be in smaller lots than the traditional big buildings. More meeting rooms etc
Oh yes, they'll still have a place. But not so much in the middle of Gosford with little or no parking.

Pirate Pete

They could sell it for a new high rise
As I mentioned earlier I had heard on the radio about turning unused office space into cheap units.
But then last week one of the problems mentioned about cheap accommodation was the lack of car spaces.
But then do you get to the point of saying if you want cheap place to live, not having a car is a sacrifice you have to make?

style_cafe

As for the libraries mate your family is probably like every other family in on the Coast.The libraries give us a warm fuzzy feeling but no-one really uses them.Sell the multiple buildings and get out of the leases for the rented spaces.(like Erina Fair).

The Gosford building is in a prime location and i`m sure I read somewhere last year that the Council owned the old pub next door.

The council building could be sold off to a developer and refurbished using the skeleton and creating lots of apartments (not cheap housing).They could maybe negotiate an onsell contract too.
The site next door could then be sold off too at market value.

Adam Crouch is a flyweight of a politician.He pulls no weight at all in the State Government.
He flips and flops all over the place. If he thinks its better to "move forward rather than finger pointing" then I smell a rat. What`s he trying to hide from us?

And yes,it`s all good for saturdays game. i`ll text you tomorrow... :popcorn:

finally retired

Crouch is worried any investigation will put sh*t on the forced Council merger and make the state Liberals look bad. Gosford council was in trouble well before that but the forced merger may have exacerbated the problems (certainly it stuffed Wyong up).

midfielder

I have always had trouble with councils ... I am a firm believer in mega councils with the ability to reduce costs by late of duplication.

For me Tea Gardens down to the Hawkesbury including the Hunter Valley would be a good regional council..... 800K + people most living on or near to the Coast... their building and housing rules are very similar ...

The sheer duplication of senior office staff is a huge waste among many other thinks.

style_cafe

I have always had trouble with councils ... I am a firm believer in mega councils with the ability to reduce costs by late of duplication.

For me Tea Gardens down to the Hawkesbury including the Hunter Valley would be a good regional council..... 800K + people most living on or near to the Coast... their building and housing rules are very similar ...

The sheer duplication of senior office staff is a huge waste among many other thinks.
Can we leave Newcastle out of that ?... :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami