• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

bjw

bjw
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/18/2030388/aston-villa-midfielder-stiliyan-petrov-england-will-not-win

Aston Villa midfielder Stiliyan Petrov: England will not win a major tournament until Premier League introdcues a winter break

MrCelery

With Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 looking to be World Cups to avoid, Brazil 2014 is definitely the one for me.

Any organised tours recommended? Any Germany and South Africa experiences anyone - good or bad?

I did USA 1994, but was self propelled - did all my own organising.

MrCelery

Copacabana Beach Live site?:

4849058-3x2-940x627.jpg

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I hear that the safe part of Rio costs a bloody mint to stay at...so to prop for the tourney could cost a mint indeed

Roy Law

I think Duke has done enough to impress Holger - if he lights it up in the A League he will go to Brazil. Ryan continues to do everything right. It is great news for Ollie but where will Holger play him (Or will he even play him...)?

Forum Phoenix

I agree with Roy. I think Duke's exclusion is simply about other players. Trent's is a bit more disappointing I think, but wasn't going to happen.

So stupid that it takes a couple of good performances for Ruka and bloody Leckie to get a look in again. They haven't changed suddenly, the talent was clearly there, should have been developing them consistently with a host of other young talent. On the back of which playing for bigger and better clubs is definitely more not less of a reality.

I hope we get thrashed and Holger gets booted.

Re Ollie, it's great news for him. But again I cringe at Holger's selection strategies and excuses...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...ying-cameo-roles/story-fni2wcjl-1226726398483

Injuries. Sure. But he's foxing. The guy selects and plays players without clubs or in shit leagues. Don't tell me it's about the minutes playing at your club when you just selected Carney who has played two games in the last 12 months. Celtic signs one of Australia's clearly best talents in a good while at only 19 years of age and puts him into their first team. As a 20 year old he's made 14 appearances for Celtic and is regularly on the bench. But what, he's been injured the 7 times you've now called him up so you gave him a couple of minutes? May have been true of a couple of occasions, but all seven? Who does he think he's kidding?

Holger and Vidmar must go.

VicMariner

"Doomed" as Private Fraser would have said, but are we?

How about some positive stats?

2010 WC surprise results with may 2010 FIFA rankings in brackets.

South Africa (83) defeated France (9) 2-1
New Zealand (78) drew Italy (5) 1-1
Switzerland (24) defeated Spain (2) 1-0

You just never know. Anything could happen.

Current ranking
Spain 1
Netherlands 10
Chile 14
Australia 53 - ELO rating has us even better at 31.

Next ranking update is on the 13th. If we beat Ecuador (24) we could lessen the gap even more.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
as much as i support the roos, I got my KNVB stuff ready as well...HUUP HOLLAND HUUP

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred