• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Forum moderating ... in moderation

adz

Staff member
Hey all just wanted to put a quick note about how/what gets moderated on the forum here.

Generally speaking, this place is self-policing, which is great! If someone steps out of line they get told to pull their head in and everyone is good. Sometimes, however, we have a bit of stubbornness and that's when trouble erupts.

Sooo... the only thing that has really been an issue in the past is any sort of personal attacks, or issues related to privacy.

I've been asked to remove a handful of posts containing sensitive information, which over 15 odd years is a pretty good record I think. It's pretty funny because the club has messaged me a couple of times VERY reluctantly as they don't want to interfere with things going on here, but every time they have had good reason to want something removed. If that ever happens we usually have a quick private discussion with whoever posted whatever it was and explain why it was removed, and it's usually pretty obvious and we all move on with our lives.

As far as personal attacks go, a bit of banter is fine but if anything looks to be crossing the line -- and this isn't spelt out exactly, but most people with a little common sense will agree when it comes up -- will be deleted. Usually it's just a quick delete, everyone involved should know why so let's not get into a drawn-out argument in public or private message, and move on.

Most of the time this has been from someone new to the forum -- as in new to posting, anyway. Maybe they have been sitting there thinking... that person is a real f**kwit, I'm gonna jump on here and give them a piece of my mind. So that's all well and good, but let's keep the arguments away from getting too personal. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, we can call each other's shit out, fine, but just to repeat myself a few more times -- personal attacks are not on. In this case, whoever has been posting longest and is known in the community is usually taken by default as being "in the right". All posts related to whatever argument popped up, including replies, will be removed. Job done.

Thanks for reading.
Cheers!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb