• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL Top Ten

Sean

From The daily Telegraph, Football Fever :

1st - Joel Griffiths (JETS) - Not only the scorer or seven goals but also the creator of another three, Griffiths is integral to Newcastle's modus operandi. His ability to play through the middle or out wide stretches defences and his sense of timing was perfectly illustrated by the last minute winner against QLD

2nd - Joel Hutchinson (CCM)  - The metronome of the Gosford Midfield is the central cog to the mariners collective. And the teammates know how key he is. Almost never gives the ball away and acts as the link between defense and attack. In a team proud to be a solid unit, he is first among equals.

3rd - Craig Moore (QLD) - Putting a first round red card behind him, Moore has brought all his experience  to bear with excellent positioning to offset deminishing pace.

4th - Matt McKay (QLD) - McKay gets back with defense but is comfortable moving with the ball and has three goals and three assisits. A natural leader.

5th - Mark Milligan (SYDNEY) - Comfortable in a back three, or four, or in Midfield. Milligan's versatility is vital to Sydney's hopes of making the finals - When he doesn't play, they don't win.

6th - Ante Covic (JETS) - After a very uncertain start, Covic has been rock solid for Newcastle this season, and his form has bred confidence in the Newcastle backline.

7th - Simon Collosimo (PERTH) - The crafty midfield has been a linchpin for Glory. His brilliant range of passing has been coupled with a much improved work ethic.

8th - Archie Thompson (MELBOURNE) - In a horrible season for victory, Archie has been the source of any hope of making the finals. Will be a key part of the A-leagues based socceroos squad.

9th - Alex Brosque (SYDNEY) -  Has worked his way back from a total lack of confidence. Does the dirty work when needed and scored the goals which have kept Sydney in the hunt.

10th - Cassio (ADELAIDE) - Was supposed to be a scoring machine, Yet the hit the back of the net, but has been a defensive rock and given Adelaide crucial overlap.

Bear

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
Bearinator said:
Number 9  :-\

Not kidding anyone. Id rather have Fish up front
Bear, its ALWAYS best to have Fish in FRONT of you mate!  ;)

No kidding, you didnt share a room with him in Brisbane last Sunday ;)

fish

As I said mate either theres no mirrors or scales at your place or your deluded you muppet.
I think its a pretty fair list TBH.Covic has been good for them nd saved them many times.

Sean

still, how can you ignore the Goalkeeper with the lowest goals against.
Totally BS that is.
Why the f$*k is Milligan there too? he has been very quiet this season imo.

skilbeck

Cassio, Covic, Colosimo and Archie should not be there. If anyone remembers thelist being "Most Influential Players in the A-League" and that, i mean players that have had the most effect on their teams results, although the definition is rather subjective. My alternatives would include: Petrovski, Zullo, Kruse and Jedinak/Boogaard/Danny as any mariner listed there are basically reasons why we are number 1 and have been number 1 for most of the season and Zullo and Kruse were listed because from the point of their debuts they have revitalised QLD's attack and made them into one of the most dangerous sides in the league

marinermick

Perm said:
still, how can you ignore the Goalkeeper with the lowest goals against.
Totally BS that is.
Why the f$*k is Milligan there too? he has been very quiet this season imo.

yes, but covic has been more influential for his team this season

has been a mountain at the back and save their butts on many occasions

our low goals against record has been because of our defence and defensive midfield just as much as danny

priorpeter

now, where on earth is boogs?! he's been a revelation for us this season!! he's been rock solid. archie should not be there IMO. hes had an average season at best.

Deej

priorpeter said:
now, where on earth is boogs?! he's been a revelation for us this season!! he's been rock solid. archie should not be there IMO. hes had an average season at best.

I'm so glad Boogs has forced his way into the team after his injury troubles, I actually said to 1 or 2 people at the start of the year 'watch out for Boogs he'll become a regular and very solid defender'............shame that other person (cough fish cough) said 'yeah and watch out for my man Mrdja' lol who are ya :)

Bear

DJ said:
priorpeter said:

I'm so glad Boogs has forced his way into the team after his injury troubles, I actually said to 1 or 2 people at the start of the year 'watch out for Boogs he'll become a regular and very solid defender'............shame that other person (cough fish cough) said 'yeah and watch out for my man Mrdja' lol who are ya :)

Haha you said that to me to DJ, and Fish was right on the Mrdja thing...... for all of 3 weeks ;)

fish

Forgive me for believing in one of our players you know it all muppets. ::)
From day 1 Frog told me Boogs was the business so Ill give him the plaudits for actually having seen him play for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb