• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hello!

Jura

Hello there!

I wanted to introduce myself for my first post. I'm Vincent from the Netherlands and I discovered how great the Aussie league is just over a year ago thanks to this team. For some reason when I was browsing around on a FIFA game, CCM inmeditiately caught my eye when I flipped through the A-League. When I started to dig a little deeper, I discovered one of the most original coolest stadiums I've ever seen, the coolest club logo design I've ever seen and one of the most loyal fan base I've ever seen. Since that day, I'm keeping a look out for this team across the globe via streams and social media. One of my dreams is to one day visit Australia and go to a Mariners game against Newcastle Jets!

Anyways, looking forward to hanging around at this forum following some fine Australian football! This summer, our nations will clash at the worldcup with hopefully some Mariners in the starting eleven :).

VicMariner

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

It is interesting to read your comments regarding our league. Many Aussies cast envious eyes towards European football and ignore the local game.
So what stands out when you watch A-League games? Do you think Australian football has certain characteristics and what are they?

Jura

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

It is interesting to read your comments regarding our league. Many Aussies cast envious eyes towards European football and ignore the local game.
So what stands out when you watch A-League games? Do you think Australian football has certain characteristics and what are they?

It's football stripped down to the core. Nowadays in big leagues, especially in the Champions League, there is so much surrounding factors that influence a match. So much bullshit, because the players there are rather rockstars than men who play a sport. Don't get me wrong, I already can't wait for the clash between Bayern and Real, Juve against Benfica or the final run towards the premier league and primera division conclusion, but sometimes I feel like I'm watching a theatrical performance instead of a sport.

Because it's still such a young league and the skill level is relatively low, the A-League doesn't really have that amount of spotlight. It's less drama, and more sport. This makes for a highly entertaining league to follow. That and the fact that I've always had a weakness for Australia, makes me so interested in following it. Like I said, me picking out CCM was a random event. Unexplainable love I guess :D. I don't see myself as a supporter, but rather a fan. If I had the opportunity though, I would visit every game of them.

Jura

Hello :thumbup:

Please tell your countrymen to go easy on us at Brazil :innocent:

To be honest, I think we will have to do our very best not to draw our even lose! Our team is really weak right now, really fragmented in material. One of our best players is out untill next season (Strootman from AS Roma). Maybe we will get a grip on our play when the tournament is near, but for now I wouldn't make any wagers regarding the Aussie clash :p.

AuzDutchy

You wouldn't be the first dutchy to come over from Holland and goto a game, I have family that come over for holidays and I always take them to a game ;)

Sent them back with a CCM scarf, beanie and hat that get regular use over there

Big Al

There is only one type of Aussie team you don't want to play & that is one written off (which we are!).

We will be essentially bringing a squad to develop for 2018 qualifiers. They will be hungry & give 100% effort but will lack the class & skill of the better teams. You will need to kill them off early & not give them hope.

Holland is now being seen as the next stepping stone for Aussie players instead of lower league england due to the skill & the way the game is played as well as a chance to play 1st team football & possibly europe if the club qualify.

What is your team in Holland - If they don't have Aussie's on them I can recommend Taggart of Newcastle. Not only is he good he is the only thing making our rivals competitive. Take him off there hands & we will be forever greatful.

Start saving your pennies. New Years Eve game is a beauty & stay for a week on Avoca or Terrigal Beach. You won't regret it or you could do the whole Bondi beach thing & be disowned here already (Sydney FC)

Jaundice

3 strong teams in our group and an inexperienced socceroo side is going to be scary. Not picking up the 3 points off the aussies could be the difference in making it and I doubt we will be afforded any respite as each of them will want to rack up a nice goal difference on us to avoid Brazil in the next round.

Jaundice

Also Jura, you wouldnt happen to have any spare Patrick Zwaanswijk clones laying around over their you could send us by any chance :p

Forum Phoenix

Welcome Jura! Looking forward to having you here on the boards.
One of the most enjoyable threads to date. Let me know if yo are ever coming over to a derby game and I'll get you tickets!

Best
FP

true believer

with hopefully some Mariners in the starting eleven
G'day dude thanks for dropping us a line.
on the aussie team . the mariners will have the captain , crystal palace mile jedinak , (jedi) and FC brugge matty ryan .
we may have 5 or 6 players in the squad . but selection will be bias toward Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne players.
we'll let you know when the final squad is selected.

cheers

Jura

There is only one type of Aussie team you don't want to play & that is one written off (which we are!).

We will be essentially bringing a squad to develop for 2018 qualifiers. They will be hungry & give 100% effort but will lack the class & skill of the better teams. You will need to kill them off early & not give them hope.

Holland is now being seen as the next stepping stone for Aussie players instead of lower league england due to the skill & the way the game is played as well as a chance to play 1st team football & possibly europe if the club qualify.

What is your team in Holland - If they don't have Aussie's on them I can recommend Taggart of Newcastle. Not only is he good he is the only thing making our rivals competitive. Take him off there hands & we will be forever greatful.

Start saving your pennies. New Years Eve game is a beauty & stay for a week on Avoca or Terrigal Beach. You won't regret it or you could do the whole Bondi beach thing & be disowned here already (Sydney FC)

My team here in Holland is essentially Feyenoord, as I live in Rotterdam. But I also have a weakness for PSV Eindhoven who used to scout a lot in Australia back in the day (Ball, Culina). I will try to to take your advice, if my financials allow it. Going to be a tight year for me after the summer (Studies). Sounds like the best time to go without a doubt though.

Jura

Welcome Jura! Looking forward to having you here on the boards.
One of the most enjoyable threads to date. Let me know if yo are ever coming over to a derby game and I'll get you tickets!

Best
FP

Thanks!! I will definetely keep that in mind when planning my trip! Will have to keep a lookout for the schedule of next season. The A League starts in October right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred