• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

pjennings

Morrison (with arm around him) states Turnbull is My Leader while working the numbers against him.
Morrison endorses Trump one day. Next day impeachment proceedings announced.

Don't be Morrison's mate. He is the kiss of death

pjennings

Greta Wins Over Australian Media By Yelling Racist Taunts While Wearing Collingwood Scarf

Greta-Collingwood1.jpg

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

US President Donald has taken a subtle jab at Swedish student activist, Greta Thunberg, just hours after her deeply emotional address to world leaders at the United Nations Climate Action Summit in New York.

Ms Thunberg gave a powerful speech on Monday at the summit in which she accused world leaders of ignoring climate change.

Tears streamed down the 16-year-old’s face as she chided them with the repeated phrase, “How dare you”, in an emotional appeal for action, which has since been ridiculed by conservative media as an example of a delusional little brat being triggered lol.

Mr Trump later shared a video of her speech on Twitter and appeared to join in on the pile on.

“She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So Nice to see!” he wrote above a video of a visibly distressed Ms Thunberg.

But while Greta Thunberg is now viewed as the arch-nemesis to climate skeptic baby boomers around the world, she has had at least one win – winning over the conservative Murdoch newspapers in Australia.

The 16-year-old appears to have done her research into how to best garner the support of our nation’s media, and did her best to emulate the last teenage girl to make headlines in Australia for a controversial tirade that hurt a lot of peoples feelings.

By wearing a Collingwood scarf and yelling racist taunts at a Brownlow-winning AFL superstar, Greta Thunberg has immediately found herself completely shielded from criticism – as the Herald Sun and Australian talkback radio rushes to defend her.

“How dare Donald Trump publicly shame a teenage girl just trying to enjoy the UN summit. She didn’t know what she was saying” wrote conservative collumnist Andrew Bolt, in his most recent 200 word thought-bubble for the Herald Sun today.

Radio host Alan Jones has also come out in defence of Greta Thunberg, ever since he learnt about her very public act of bigotry.

“That is no way to treat a teenage girl” said Jones.

“Donald Trump needs to stop the aggressive handshakes. People don’t like it”

Crowds of Victorian and Western Australian bogans have also responded to the Donald Trump’s behaviour by vilifying him online, and booing every time he appears on the screen.

“DONALD TRUMP IS A FLOG!” wrote one irate social media user with a Fremantle Dockers filter on his Facebook display photo.

“Donald Trump is a sook. Toughen up prinsess” wrote another.

“(sic) disgrase full treating a teenage girl like that. He desurves to be booed”

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/hea...acist-taunts-while-wearing-collingwood-scarf/

pjennings

Government Approves Grant To Build New Opera House In North Sydney, For Benefit Of Rural Australians
By The Shovel on February 28, 2020
sydney-opera-house.png

The electorate of North Sydney will receive a $300 million grant to build a replica Sydney Opera House on the opposite side of the harbour, in order to make the architectural icon more accessible for regional and remote Australians.

Announcing the grant, Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said the initiative was about removing barriers for people who didn’t live in Sydney.

“If you’re from Tamworth or Dubbo, it’s a very long way to Circular Quay. That’s why we’re building another Opera House in the very heart of country NSW – across the bridge in Milsons point”.

He noted that the new facility would be walking distance from Australia’s largest regional swimming pool –‘The North Sydney Olympic Swimming Pool’ – and rural Australia’s most famous amusement park, Luna Park.

“Anyone who says that rural Australia misses out on government spending clearly hasn’t been to North Sydney. We’re creating a real regional hub here,” he said.

The new regional Opera House won’t actually host any live events, but will contain 40,000 female change rooms and a shooting range.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2020/02...88_0uvHSOCsEzNGPPqFTnIRYWjuV8VjMs2J2O7Pk5xDOU

pjennings

a rhesus monkey would be better than scotty from marketing
a federal icac alone would be a godsend.
An properly funded independent Federal ICAC with jurisdiction over all levels of government, heads to be appointed to a fixed 5 year, nominations made by the High Court, confirmed by 75% majority in both houses to ensure that they are not partisan. No limit of retrospectivity.

All levels of government are able to refer to the federal ICAC and they can choose to look into any other matter not referred to them. They can dismiss referrals if they are frivolous and appear partisan.

Insertnamehere

An properly funded independent Federal ICAC with jurisdiction over all levels of government, heads to be appointed to a fixed 5 year, nominations made by the High Court, confirmed by 75% majority in both houses to ensure that they are not partisan. No limit of retrospectivity.

All levels of government are able to refer to the federal ICAC and they can choose to look into any other matter not referred to them. They can dismiss referrals if they are frivolous and appear partisan.
Gotta ditch slomo resoundingly to allow this to happen. Even then I think Labor has too many skeletons to fully implement this.

pjennings

Gotta ditch slomo resoundingly to allow this to happen. Even then I think Labor has too many skeletons to fully implement this.
They probably do - but this is where the crossbenches come in. Block support until agreement on the Federal ICAC. The problem is that most of the 'independents' are actually ex LNP members or staffers.

We need any independents to commit to it before the next election on the basis that they will ensure it is implemented if they hold balance of power.

pjennings

Very funny but imagine if Albo was in charge FFS.
He couldn't do worse. Forget the rorts, the announcements without follow up - just look at the Covid response. Thank God for the premiers!!!

The Cruise ships were Fed responsibility - either through AQUIS or Home Affairs. Either way Brendan Murphy was the responsible CMO

Quarantine is fed responsibility - has never had a plan. Still doesn't. China built quarantine facilities in 2 weeks. Howard Springs originally used then withdrawn. Regional Airports such as Avalon and Williamstown have the land to set up quarantine camps along the lines of Howard Springs. These should be used. There should not be hotel quarantine.

The private aged care disaster - no followup on original urgent interim report on aged care RC report - then no plan for Covid - then waits for final aged care RC report - then assigns no money in the budget on recommendations. No deaths in state run aged care facilities only for profit federally regulated facilities

Useless COVID tracing app developed by donors,

Failure to get Australians home,

Vaccine rollout mess.

Last edited:

true believer

yep we don't need two royal commissions into unions .headed by a card carrying liberal .
that just happens to be touching up the staff as well.

true believer

scomo ! not one of those stooges want a federal ICAC . and there would be quite a few in the
labor party that would be happy to see a few of the nsw right purged as well.
ps pauline hanson doesn't want one either .

Wombat

The only premier to cover themselves in any glory has been Gladys.
You Left wing stooges would laugh. NSW was the only state to stay safe AND keep the economy flowing (and return the largest number of Aussies back home). Please run through the great work of your Victorian premier so I can compare his work to Gladys.

I have voted democrats (before that moron Megs Lees destroyed the party) Labor but once Rudd started to lose it and Gillard got in i switched to Liberal. Penny Wong and Albo will ensure I keep voting Liberal even if I didn't want too.

pjennings

Forget about left and right. I've voted all sides of government over the years. You are the one that has raised left and right . I'm talking competent and not. Morrison is not.

He is all spin and no substance. Even the blokey Sharkies fan is a complete falsity. He never attended a game before he ran for Cook. He is, and always has been a rah-rah supporter. His team is Eastern Suburbs.

The states of both political persuasions have shown leadership, Morrison has shown that his competence is at best lower level middle management. He may be a manager (though better at announcements rather than delivery) - but he is not, nor has he ever been a leader.

He has never had a plan for quarantine. He had no plan for relief for those who couldn't work except to say go to the footy and go to work and live with the virus. He said you can't provide relief and you can't use the tax system it was too hard. This in spite of the fact it was used during the GFC.

He never had a plan for Jobkeeper - that was developed outside of government and he didn't want to implement it all. It was only when Gladys and Dan Andrews threatened to call him out that he introduced a watered down version. He didn't include overseas students in job-keeper and destroyed one of our biggest export industries. These students were also a large workforce in the cafes around the unis as well as the leaseholders of accommodation. Cafes couldn't open even for take-aways because he took away not only the customers but the staff. Investors lost out as leases were abandoned as the overseas students returned home. That one decision decimated the communities around the city universities.

Insertnamehere

You Left wing stooges would laugh. NSW was the only state to stay safe AND keep the economy flowing (and return the largest number of Aussies back home). Please run through the great work of your Victorian premier so I can compare his work to Gladys.

I have voted democrats (before that moron Megs Lees destroyed the party) Labor but once Rudd started to lose it and Gillard got in i switched to Liberal. Penny Wong and Albo will ensure I keep voting Liberal even if I didn't want too.

You're voting for blatant corruption and cronyism.

Insertnamehere

Forget about left and right. I've voted all sides of government over the years. You are the one that has raised left and right . I'm talking competent and not. Morrison is not.

He is all spin and no substance. Even the blokey Sharkies fan is a complete falsity. He never attended a game before he ran for Cook. He is, and always has been a rah-rah supporter. His team is Eastern Suburbs.

The states of both political persuasions have shown leadership, Morrison has shown that his competence is at best lower level middle management. He may be a manager (though better at announcements rather than delivery) - but he is not, nor has he ever been a leader.

He has never had a plan for quarantine. He had no plan for relief for those who couldn't work except to say go to the footy and go to work and live with the virus. He said you can't provide relief and you can't use the tax system it was too hard. This in spite of the fact it was used during the GFC.

He never had a plan for Jobkeeper - that was developed outside of government and he didn't want to implement it all. It was only when Gladys and Dan Andrews threatened to call him out that he introduced a watered down version. He didn't include overseas students in job-keeper and destroyed one of our biggest export industries. These students were also a large workforce in the cafes around the unis as well as the leaseholders of accommodation. Cafes couldn't open even for take-aways because he took away not only the customers but the staff. Investors lost out as leases were abandoned as the overseas students returned home. That one decision decimated the communities around the city universities.
Also under his watch he's allowed the sale of the largest dairy farmer, largest beef farmer, cubby station water hoarding station, 2 ports, military data storage, alinta, all to China while escalating trade shit with them for god knows why.

marinermick

NSW one of the worst performing states economically during Covid

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami