• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

true believer

devolution : a devo theory

explains nicely what an absolute shit state were in now

true believer

Over reaction a tad? Do we not live within the Globe?......or are we immune as Aussies and don't need to view what happens elsewhere?
he's talking about sydney not southampton . gosford hospital would be clocking similar numbers .
the prediction is 25k a day by January 26 th . if it's 0.1% lethal thats 25 dead people per day in nsw

Wombat

he's talking about sydney not southampton . gosford hospital would be clocking similar numbers .
the prediction is 25k a day by January 26 th . if it's 0.1% lethal thats 25 dead people per day in nsw
That is alarming if it plays out. What was the death rate from influenza before Covid?......just so I can know if I need to panic or not?

Omni

Been thinking this myself over the last few months .... ...from Canada ...how some see the US, Canada is scared and some seem to think the US is heading for an unstoppable civil war ....

Interesting read if interested... and not a bad interview ... but the article is better...

https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...y/news-story/1cd5ae1dd2900462f0694f41a3878666
Living here on January 6th last year it certainly seemed that way. If that didn’t kick one off I don’t think it will happen

Insertnamehere

Living here on January 6th last year it certainly seemed that way. If that didn’t kick one off I don’t think it will happen
What about next election but? Surely Trump is a shoe in for Republican nomination. If somehow he doesnt win surely 'the whole system is corrupt beyond repair'

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I was a little surprised - and relieved - that things weren't worse, but I guess articles like the above are talking about future elections adding fuel to the fire that is still burning.

Imagine 2024 if Trump runs - him and his supporters will still be screaming about rigged elections. That's going to be a big, big problem.

Unfortunately Biden isn't doing great, and nobody is really FOR Biden.

Trump will definitely have lost some supporters - all the ones who donated money to his war chest and realise that he just pocketed it and ran, so on and so forth. But will it be enough?

Will the threat of Trump be enough to mobilise the left and centre again? Or will they be so exasperated with Biden that the energy that removed Trump will have lost - leaving us with the high amounts of energy from his supporters?

That country is absolutely stark raving mad. Their gun fetish and all the bullshit around it is just insane.

It's amazing when you talk to some online and there's no comprehension whatsoever that we're not allowed to bring an assault rifle to go buy milk. "hurr durr you can't defend yourselves you cucks"

....defend ourselves from what, exactly? They literally don't understand that....we don't need to defend ourselves.

I mean, sure, I don't know what the reality of daily crime is in the USA so I suppose I can't necessarily judge people's urge to be able to defend themselves, but there's obviously a difference between being in mortal fear for your life everytime you leave your front door, and having your entire identity based around guns (and not to mention all the lies the 2A advocates promote. Not one of them actually cares about the constitution. Not one)

midfielder

^^^^^^

Have to echo and agree with this post.

The US seems from a far to be ungovernable the left / right divide is growing and the lack of trust by many people in the US of their institutions has resulted some scary stuff .... read of some red states banning Darwinism being taught at school and replaced as a science by Creationism ...

US media is IMO beyond poor kinda like MSBSN right, CNN hard right... Fox Extreme right

Guns, medical system, corporate capitalism gone crazy, and voting laws being constantly changed ....

Trump has IMO introduced chaos into there systems... say a person does or says something wrong in the past it would be talked about debated etc... Trump said many things each day so it became impossible to focus on a single issue...

Could add a lot more but time does not allow....

pjennings

^^^^^^

Have to echo and agree with this post.

The US seems from a far to be ungovernable the left / right divide is growing and the lack of trust by many people in the US of their institutions has resulted some scary stuff .... read of some red states banning Darwinism being taught at school and replaced as a science by Creationism ...

US media is IMO beyond poor kinda like MSBSN right, CNN hard right... Fox Extreme right

Guns, medical system, corporate capitalism gone crazy, and voting laws being constantly changed ....

Trump has IMO introduced chaos into there systems... say a person does or says something wrong in the past it would be talked about debated etc... Trump said many things each day so it became impossible to focus on a single issue...

Could add a lot more but time does not allow....

Not only a problem in the USA. Our very own conservatives who you would think would protect our institutions are the very people that trash them. This from nearly 20 years ago

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...f-our-great-institutions-20020304-gdu0nk.html

Ben10

Seems like there's plenty of interest in American politics on here so thought I'd recommend The Circus which you can stream on Stan. There's six seasons now, it started back when Trump was first running and is a great watch. It's also taught me quite a bit about the countries history, political system and social issues.
It's got a left slant for sure but is a great watch, regardless of your political preferences. Give it a check: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circus:_Inside_the_Greatest_Political_Show_on_Earth

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami