• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Introduce yourself

Ted

Howdy all!

Forum name: Demented

Name called by your friends (that's us):  Ted

Background that you wish to reveal: Played for Davistown United in my jnr years then went to Terrigal when Davo FC was laid to rest. Played a few seasons with TUFC then gave it up to concentrate on my music. Played one season for Ourimbah United in my late 20's and again quit due to health reasons. In 2007 I helped out with coaching KDSC under 13s, who went on to win the GF. Will be coaching the under KDFC U14's next year as well as returning to the pitch myself at the ripe old age of 40, lol.

Interests, football and other: Most metal genres, my band (Aeturnus Dominion), rugby league (go the doggies) and audio engineering, AC Milan and the mighty Mariners!!

cheers
Ted

c-crew

Hi all!

Forum name: c-crew

Name called by your friends (that's us): Craig

Background that you wish to reveal: English, from Solihull in the Midlands. Moved over here a few years ago now.

Interests, football and other: Aston Villa F.C. Fishing. Punk Rock.

Jimmy

Forum name : jimmydinho (jimmy)

Background: born and bread coasty, played football for 15 years at kanwal, changed to ourimbah for one year, and now i dont know where to play, :p

Interests: Mariners, tottenham, newcastle united (eng), i love music (bascially any), movies, usual...

Pokes

Forum name: Pokey

Name called by your friends (that's us): Pokey, or Carly...

Background: I'm terrible at all sports. Absolutley horrible. But I'm good at cheering. Good at drinkng beer. And admire the game of football.....so in turn...I support Mariners yeah?

Interests, football and other: Dancing (Like, ballet and stuuf....I suck at dancing in public), Music, I'm going to Nepal for a volunteer trip in 08, Pretending I can play football in my backyard....

pompom

Forum name:pompom

Name called by your friends (that's us):pompom,pom or mel

Background:um...i was born in gosford.grew up in wyongah,still live there.i grew up being tormented by my twin.... but i have learnt some "football skills" of him but havnt played real season football before,just for school and ladies and mixed indoor.

Interests:football,music,beach,drawing and photography

Gen (MarinerMum)

Forumname:  Marinermum/Gen

Called by friends: Geneviere, Gwendloine, Genevieve, hay you, AKA put prefer Gen

Location:  Beautiful south tacoma on 2 acres surrounded buy bush and river

Background: Nurse educator, registered nurse.  Grew up in Sydney and moved to Coast 20years ago and will never go back to Sydney.  Followed Tigers from the time I could walk.  Walked away from League once it became superleague and have not gone back.  Still have a soft spot for my Tigers but not West Tigers.  Am crazy as I'm mother of 9 - 7 boys 2 girls (this includes husband).  Been involved in soccer(football) 16years as parent/coach/manager but only played futsal with ladies marinators 1YR which I really enjoyed. 

LOVE TO CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO!!

Interests:  MARINERS. MARINATORS. ALL SPORTS AUSTRALIA IS INVOLVED IN. Netball, sewing, writing - professional stuff(nursing/aged care).  Travel - I hope to get to England for a FA cup final & Lords for an Australia England test. SciFi tradgic.

I went to final of handball at Olympics - Awesome game, would love to give it a go

Bex

Forum name: Bex

Name called by your friends: Bex, Chris, Boris

Background that you wish to reveal: I'm a sixties love-child who runs an Engineering Department in Sydney.

Interests, football and other: I raced go-karts from age 14 to 22. Best result was 2nd in Clubman Light at 1986 National Titles in Geelong VIC. I've been following motorsport most of my life, especially Formula 1 and V8 Supercars (which has a lot of fellow ex-karters running these days).

Also followed Paramatta Eels Rugby League team since I was a kid. Thats cos I grew at at North Rocks (near North Paramatta) and the Eels were my home team. Now that I've been living on the Central Coast for several years my new home team is the Mariners. I plan to support them whether they're top of the league or bottom of the league; something I've had plenty of experience with after following the Eels for more than 25 years.

Jocwa08

Gen said:
Forumname:  Marinermum/Gen

Called by friends: Geneviere, Gwendloine, Genevieve, hay you, AKA put prefer Gen

Location:  Beautiful south tacoma on 2 acres surrounded buy bush and river

Background: Nurse educator, registered nurse.  Grew up in Sydney and moved to Coast 20years ago and will never go back to Sydney.  Followed Tigers from the time I could walk.  Walked away from League once it became superleague and have not gone back.  Still have a soft spot for my Tigers but not West Tigers.  Am crazy as I'm mother of 9 - 7 boys 2 girls (this includes husband).  Been involved in soccer(football) 16years as parent/coach/manager but only played futsal with ladies marinators 1YR which I really enjoyed. 

LOVE TO CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO!!

Interests:  MARINERS. MARINATORS. ALL SPORTS AUSTRALIA IS INVOLVED IN. Netball, sewing, writing - professional stuff(nursing/aged care).  Travel - I hope to get to England for a FA cup final & Lords for an Australia England test. SciFi tradgic.

I went to final of handball at Olympics - Awesome game, would love to give it a go

Hey its james mum,
I sit with james and guy at the games
most of the time.

skilbeck

Bex said:
Forum name: Bex

Name called by your friends: Bex, Chris, Boris

Background that you wish to reveal: I'm a sixties love-child who runs an Engineering Department in Sydney.

Interests, football and other: I raced go-karts from age 14 to 22. Best result was 2nd in Clubman Light at 1986 National Titles in Geelong VIC. I've been following motorsport most of my life, especially Formula 1 and V8 Supercars (which has a lot of fellow ex-karters running these days).

Also followed Paramatta Eels Rugby League team since I was a kid. Thats cos I grew at at North Rocks (near North Paramatta) and the Eels were my home team. Now that I've been living on the Central Coast for several years my new home team is the Mariners. I plan to support them whether they're top of the league or bottom of the league; something I've had plenty of experience with after following the Eels for more than 25 years.

What sort of engineering? Im currently studying chemical engineering at Sydney Uni

Bex

I've studied mechanical and environmental engineering. The department I run is more about product application and product support than anything. Not a lot of design work. We've got pumps, ozone/UV treatment plants, mixers, fine bubble diffused aeration systems and other water/wastewater treatment process equipment. Great company to work for with plenty of growth over the years. Why, do you need a job?

skilbeck

Since ive been on both forums for over a year and havent done this properly yet im gonna start now

Forum Name: Skilbeck

Name called by your friends: Skilbeck, Michael, Mick, Schoolbag, Shithead....

Location: Green Point, Glebe, Soon to be Shortlands Newcastle :(

Background that you wish to reveal: Born in Adelaide. Moved to the coast at a young age, went to St Pats then St Eddies. Now im studying Chemical Engineering at Sydney University, about to start my thesis which will take place in industry at the BHP technical centre in Shortlands Newcastle

Interests football and other: Follow the Central Coast Mariners, Celtic FC; Bayer Leverkusen and Man U (both to a lesser extent). Hope to get into playing competitively after I finish uni

I follow motorsport, expecially F1 in which I hope McLaren can get both the Drivers and Constructors Championships especially since they were robbed last year. Cricket is also one of my favorite sports in which I support the Aussie Cricket team as well as the SA redbacks. I like Rugby and I support the Wallabies as well.

I also have an interest in surfing and am currently trying to teach myself to stand up on the board which however results in extreme unconess.

I have a keen interest in Geography and History and when I finish uni and earn a bit of money I hope to travel to some of these places ive read about

skilbeck

Bex said:
I've studied mechanical and environmental engineering. The department I run is more about product application and product support than anything. Not a lot of design work. We've got pumps, ozone/UV treatment plants, mixers, fine bubble diffused aeration systems and other water/wastewater treatment process equipment. Great company to work for with plenty of growth over the years. Why, do you need a job?

nah, im probably gonna take a break after i finish and it looks like im prossibly heading into minerals processing anyway. I am studying the wastewater treatment elective and I have a lot of friends in wastewater and I do find it quite interesting.

Bex

skilbeck said:
I follow motorsport, expecially F1 in which I hope McLaren can get both the Drivers and Constructors Championships especially since they were robbed last year.

I think you will find it was Ferrari who was robbed of design information and a McLaren employee doing the robbing  :naughty:

Webber is going to smash them in 2008. Thats right, he is completely over the car breaking down, so he is going to smash into as many opposition cars as possible before the Red Bull breaks down.  :headbutt:

skilbeck

Bex said:
skilbeck said:
I follow motorsport, expecially F1 in which I hope McLaren can get both the Drivers and Constructors Championships especially since they were robbed last year.

I think you will find it was Ferrari who was robbed of design information and a McLaren employee doing the robbing  :naughty:

Webber is going to smash them in 2008. Thats right, he is completely over the car breaking down, so he is going to smash into as many opposition cars as possible before the Red Bull breaks down.  :headbutt:

Yeah I have a soft spot for Webber, but I think red bull have a few years of development before they can actually win an F1 championship, but I think he will trounce DC and have his best season yet (although every season is billed to be Webbers best yet). BMW is a team to watch this year and Kubica will bury Heidfeld and Alonso will be invisible. If Honda can get a good car they will have a good season with Ross Brawn Strategising for them.  With regard to the big picture I am pessimistic and predict a Ferrari double.

lol in regards to the spy scandal im going to forget it as it did give the team a bad rep and cost them a constructors championship. although IMO all the other teams are just as dodgy, but I guess the difference is that McLaren was caught and other teams wont

Bex

skilbeck said:
Bex said:

nah, im probably gonna take a break after i finish and it looks like im prossibly heading into minerals processing anyway. I am studying the wastewater treatment elective and I have a lot of friends in wastewater and I do find it quite interesting.

Yeh, minerals is interesting stuff. Did a trip out to girilambone copper mine and found the extraction process they've got out there raised my curiosity. A sulphuric acid irrigation system with rivers of copper sulphate running between the mounds of spoil. I could just imagine a James Bond movie using it as a set where the bad guy falls in the river of blue/green acid......

Then, some nice purification processes before they just stick it in a gigantic electroplating tank where copper precipitates onto stainless steel cathodes at something like 99 point something percent purity. Amazing how something can be so technological yet so agricultural at the same time. Mines seem to be like that...........

serious14

Forumname:  serious14/serious14

Called by friends: James, Serious

Background: Moved down to the coast from Tamworth in 2001 for University and have not gone back.  Got an IT/Management degree in 2004 and have been doing the classical "working to pay the rent and all the rest" thing since then.

Interests:  Football.  Central Coast Mariners, Manchester United..... I have a soft spot for Besiktas in the Turkish League based on many a video I've watched online of their absolutely fanatical fans, especially their leader 'Alen'.  Games I've streamed on P2P reveal them to not be a bad football side as well.  So you could call them my "second team" of sorts

Travel - Been all over the place, but I havn't hit up all the football places I'd like to do yet  i.e.  Old Trafford, Wembley, Bombanero and River Stadium, some of the crazier stadiums in Eastern Europe and parts of Asia.  Not too much left to see in Australia, although I'm certainly curious about Western Australia.  New Zealand looks absolutely gorgeous......  and some more extensive exploration of SE Asia.

Best Football Game You've Ever Been To - 2000 Olympic Games, Mens Final.  Cameroon 2, Spain 2 (Cameroon won 4-2 on penalties).    This game had everything....... red cards, yellow cards, stunning goals, awesome players, a massive crowd (still the biggest I've ever been in - 107 000 or so), and the underdog doing over the big guy.  The only thing that has come close since has been Australia vs. Uruguay (more meaningful, but too tense to be called a 'good game') in 2005, and _that_ game against Sydney a few weeks ago.

Auburn Mariner

Forum name: Auburn Mariner

Name called by your friends (that's us): Auburn, David (NOT Dave!!)

Location: Auburn, the back of Bay 16, Orange as often as possible

Background that you wish to reveal:
*I grew up in Wagga after being born at Parramatta Hospital.
*Mum, Dad, uncle, aunty and brother are ALL teachers/lecturers.
*Lived in Fiji three times in the mid-late 70's and in Houston, Texas for 6 months in 1981-1982 (Carl Lewis, Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler were all at the Uni of Houston at this time.. Dad worked at UH)
*Married to Merrillie. We have 5 kids (in order; Stephanie, Elissa, Ashlea, Miccaeli & Zachary. Stephanie has recently provided us with our first grandchild, Little Miss Hannah)
*Currently work as a Security Supervisor at the University of Technology, Sydney
*Was heavily involved in Aussie Rules & Cricket Administration in Orange between 1992-2003
*Met the great Hicham El Gherrouj on our honeymoon...he thought I was going to eat him as a snack!!!
*Love talking politics, especially with the brilliant Dibo. NOT a fan of the conservative side of politics!!
*Love being in the Bay, and I have no plans to move from there, except when 9yr old son is in attendance
*Currently have Marinators Jose & Melsy in residence at our place; neighbours have been issued with further earplugs for coverage of football games

Interests, football and other:

*The Central Coast Mariners, Manchester United, Carlton, Eastern Suburbs, ACT Brumbies, Houston Texans, Rockets & Astros, Celtic FC
*Cricket
*Most sports, especially Tour de France, middle-distance running, NFL, MLB, AFL, Sheffield Shield
*Love Poker but am hopeless at it. Better at 500. Played the mystifying Klawerjas with Honey Soy's parents one night...GREAT game
*The beach
*Golf (down from 32 to 25 in 12 months...very happy with this)
*A decent curry
*Red Wine, Champagne and Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc
*Fully sick Auburn Kebabs and Turkish pides

Travel:

*Lived in Fiji and USA. Want to go to Cable Beach and the NT. Favourite Aussie destination is Port Macquarie, followed by Perth. Dream holiday is Inside Passage Alaska with wife

Best Football Game You've Ever Been To:

*HAL; Sydney FC 5-CCMFC 4
*International; Australia beating Uruguay to qualify
*AFL; 1982 Qualifying Final Carlton v Hawthorn (we smashed the Hawks!!!)
*Rugby League; NSW 56-QLD 16 at Stadium Australia
*Rugby Union; British Lions 25-NSW 22, what an amazing crowd, and I was in a Corporate Box!!

~Floss~

Forum name: ~Floss~

Given Name: Paul

Name called by your friends: Floss, Flo, Flossa, Floppa, 'oppa, Floppity, Floppenbots... (it's one of those stupid nicknames that evolves then sticks when you admit to not liking it.)

Background that you wish to reveal: Born in Gossy Hossy, raised in Wyoming (10yrs), New York State (2yrs), Lisarow (11yrs).

Developed a love of surfing and the ocean lifestyle by growing up on the coast, but also experiencing life away from it.

Studied Medical Radiation Technology at Sydney Uni (health science campus at Lidcombe), and have worked as a Radiation Therapist on the coast ever since.

Grew up playing field hockey along with the rest of my family. Also tried a few seasons at basketball and athletics. Enjoyed playing "soccer" (as it was then called) at school, but never played outside of school... would have loved to but our family were always involved with the hockey club.

My first memorable football experience was at 9yrs old, being taken to see Blackburn Rovers in their 2nd division days. At that age I was in awe the passion and support in the crowd, but I really wanted to know all the songs so I could join in. When I found out our Central Coast had a team with vocal supporters, I couldn't help wanting to be a part of that kind of passionate vocal support.

Interests, football: the Central Coast's own Mariners. EPL is great to watch, but i don't have ties with any particular club and couldn't just "choose" one. I do prefer Arsenal & Liverpool over Chelsea and Man U for some reason, or any club with an Aussie playing

Interests, other: Surfing - all types including bodysurfing - just try and have the most fun and variety in the always-changing conditions.

Music: Played guitar since before I was big enough to play it properly

Photography - interest developed through surfing

Travel: Must see Europe and Africa before I die, plus whatever else I have time for.
Have seen most of Australia, the whole East Coast USA, parts of Canada, UK, Indonesia, NZ, California and Vegas, and Fiji. Regular drives up & down our east coast surfing, down to the snow, and to various cities for work conferences, etc. (and now also Mariners games).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb