• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Junior Development

Can anyone tell me what is happening with junior development this year.
Last year they had Target 11 as a lead up to lightning and thunder trials and some friends who had kids in it said it was a great program and their kids got a lot out of it and it was great value for money. I now hear that this isn't running this year, will there be some other program to replace it?
Also have been told that the Thunder program  isn't going ahead next year, can anyone confirm or deny this?

Ted

goingtoadisco said:
Can 99% confirm the thunder program will be scrapped. Not sure about target 11.

I was told that a final decision on Thunder is pending and will be announced in the next fortnight. It's not looking good though and as far as I know, Target 11 is finished.

Ted said:
goingtoadisco said:

I was told that a final decision on Thunder is pending and will be announced in the next fortnight. It's not looking good though and as far as I know, Target 11 is finished.

Well I really hope that they decide to keep the Thunder program going, can't even understand why they would want to get rid of it.
After checking around a bit the Central Coast teams are doing very well in this program despite the teams being the 2nd tier ( Lightning being 1st tier) U13, U14 & U15 Boys are all coming equal 2nd in their comp according to NNSW website.

The 2 U11 & 2 U12  squads still play in the local comp, but also play 2 games once a month in a development day.
1 of the U11 teams is undefeated and the other has only had a couple of losses (according to parents involved as no scores are recorded)

Is it the Lightning committee that will be making this decision?

Do they realise how positive this program is  for all these players and what a boost it is to our local competition?

starfish

footballmama said:

Do they realise how positive this program is  for all these players and what a boost it is to our local competition?

CCF Board has dissolved the Lightning Committee.

These players dont play in the local comp so its not really a boost to the local competition.

Is that really true that the CCF Board have dissolved the Lightning Committee, are they allowed to do that. I always thought that Lightning was kind of like another club and had to be run under their own committee. Does that also mean that the CCF Board can just dissolve a club's committee too?? Now I'm more confused than ever ???

These players dont play in the local comp so its not really a boost to the local competition.
[/quote]

Well thats not really true because the 60 odd boys that are in the U11's & U12's all play in the local competition. Then there's the boys in the U15 thunder comp where would they all go next year, I would assume the majority of them would return to a club team.

Ted

footballmama said:
Ted said:
goingtoadisco said:

Well I really hope that they decide to keep the Thunder program going, can't even understand why they would want to get rid of it.
After checking around a bit the Central Coast teams are doing very well in this program despite the teams being the 2nd tier ( Lightning being 1st tier) U13, U14 & U15 Boys are all coming equal 2nd in their comp according to NNSW website.

The 2 U11 & 2 U12  squads still play in the local comp, but also play 2 games once a month in a development day.
1 of the U11 teams is undefeated and the other has only had a couple of losses (according to parents involved as no scores are recorded)

I coach one of the boys U12 Thunder development teams and thus far we are also undefeated.

Ted

Forum Phoenix said:
Ted do you know if there will there be a revamped or replacement program for Thunder?

Have heard several contradicting rumours, so it's impossible to say what is going to happen.

masmariner

Ted said:
footballmama said:
Ted said:
goingtoadisco said:

I coach one of the boys U12 Thunder development teams and thus far we are also undefeated.

I think one of the issues is because of playing in the Northern NSW comp you are not competing in the actual competition,  CC teams (ie thunder) are only playing for development and then can be no trophies at the end of the season or recognition.
Is it a boost to the local competiton or really just a drain on the local "A" grade. ?

Ted

only U11 and U12 are development (play club footy as well) U13 to U16 play NNSW comp.

Forum Phoenix

Ted said:
only U11 and U12 are development (play club footy as well) U13 to U16 play NNSW comp.

And getting to play and be coached in both is clearly benefiting their football from what I've seen of these players. Surely this is the point.

Seriously hope they are just looking to implement a revamped program and take a step forward. Simply dissolving the programs would be a step backwards imo.

Jolly_Roger

Forum Phoenix said:
Ted said:

And getting to play and be coached in both is clearly benefiting their football from what I've seen of these players. Surely this is the point.

Seriously hope they are just looking to implement a revamped program and take a step forward. Simply dissolving the programs would be a step backwards imo.

Agreed. Apart from player develop, it also provides opportunities for people who want to develop themselves as coaches as well.

I am sure the benefits across the board outway the negatives.

masmariner

Ted said:

Hi Ted You say they play NNSW comp and "U13, U14 & U15 Boys are all coming equal 2nd in their comp" quoted elsewhere in this thread can a thunder team win their comp or not. ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred