• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Rising Sun

I look at the likes of Berisha and Ninko and there are others in this group. They can make good money here and love the lifestyle etc. Not all good players are going to jump to Europe at the first opportunity, why not be a well paid and an admired footballer in Oz, especially if you become a regular in the NT with a very good chance of the next WC with the participating country numbers increasing. I get the feeling he was at a pretty low point before he came to Oz. The ones mentioned above didn't have the NT to consider either but stayed on to have great careers in the A league.
For anything other than a Premier League level offer, the lifestyle and the fact he is loving his football should count for something against the few extra bucks he might make. And playing the long game, given his profile, personality, humour and his ability (unlike such as Thompson and Georgevski) to string coherent sentences together, he must have a good chance of moving into the media when he stops playing - got to be a lot better than getting a "proper" job.

Insertnamehere

Jase was already getting interest in the off season and he didn’t hesitate to sign a new contract. He’s marquee worthy.

fair points made but I don’t see him leaving in the short term.
And no doubt that if there was any offers he was told and given the choice.

Seems though that he's enjoying his football too much to take any offers just yet.

StensnessGOAT

I look at the likes of Berisha and Ninko and there are others in this group. They can make good money here and love the lifestyle etc. Not all good players are going to jump to Europe at the first opportunity, why not be a well paid and an admired footballer in Oz, especially if you become a regular in the NT with a very good chance of the next WC with the participating country numbers increasing. I get the feeling he was at a pretty low point before he came to Oz. The ones mentioned above didn't have the NT to consider either but stayed on to have great careers in the A league.
Yeah, I don’t know obviously, but I get the sense with Cummings that he’s a 26 year old that moved here to really commit to his conversion to being an Australian. He basically moved to the A-League in the prime of his career to help his conversion to being an Australian. He’s one I can imagine wants to stay in Australia. Otherwise I don’t get why he’s have joined us in the first place, could’ve just done a Martin Boyle and committed to our national team while continuing to play over there. I’d be more worried about Sydney FC and WSW throwing bucketloads of cash at him to lead their line but I have faith he’d reject that anyway. He seems highly invested as a Mariners boy.

StensnessGOAT

Sydney FC, WSW and pretty much every other .\ League club must be looking at themselves thinking how the heck did they let him go to the smallest club in the league unopposed when they could’ve been all over him.

Ironbark

He's happy here but in time if a big OS club comes knocking and offering the $$ he might want to go and you wouldn't blame him.

That, or if Monty gets a high level job and offers him a contract down the line - I think he feels a lot of loyalty to Monty for believing in him and supporting him.

We won't have him forever but I hope he stays a few years to enjoy it and for us to enjoy him. JC is already one of my all time favourite Mariners players.

Last edited:

DarOv

He's happy here but in time if a big OS club comes knocking and offering the $$ he might want to go and you wouldn't blame him.

That, or if Monty gets a high level job and offers him a contract down the line - I think he feels a lot of loyalty for Monty from believing in him and supporting him.

We won't have him forever but I hope he stays a few years to enjoy it and for us to enjoy him. JC is already one of my all time favourite Mariners players.

Check out also an interesting site here - https://betpokies.co.nz - it's not racing, but it's interesting. You can have a good time here.
Of course he'll want professional growth! And financial growth, too :) It would be foolish to keep him without offering him growth in return.

Last edited:

Meerkat

Happy to be patient with Vuka. He had an off game - like Faz did a few weeks ago. But he's a professional, will be stinging for it, and will be out to prove himself.

If he goes another 5 or 6 games no good it'll be worth a reconsider

I really have to disagree. He has been poor all season. His save percentage is shocking.. lowest in the league, well behind Reddy. We can’t afford another 5 games like that.

Ironbark

I really have to disagree. He has been poor all season. His save percentage is shocking.. lowest in the league, well behind Reddy. We can’t afford another 5 games like that.
I didn't know about the percentage when I wrote that but still think he has it in him despite the age. He's with us now so need to see in any case. If another couple of games like that Sozer needs a shot.

Meerkat

Have read multiple times today that Vuka is retiring from international football after the World Cup. Not a surprise.. but so great that he will ride out the rest of his career in lacklustre fashion between the sticks for CCM.
The stats posted are embarrassing.. for him and for the club and greatly concerning moving forward.
I can honestly say I would feel more confident with our Academy keeper.
Monty has always been vocal that players earn their spot regardless of position in the squad. Vuka is obviously a great guy but hoping Monty stays true to his word or our season is dust.

Attachments

• FDC1C0DC-ED6E-4445-9A6E-18A27EB16FFA.jpeg
    FDC1C0DC-ED6E-4445-9A6E-18A27EB16FFA.jpeg
    894.5 KB · Views: 25

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member