• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Spacks

Yeah, I don’t know obviously, but I get the sense with Cummings that he’s a 26 year old that moved here to really commit to his conversion to being an Australian. He basically moved to the A-League in the prime of his career to help his conversion to being an Australian. He’s one I can imagine wants to stay in Australia. Otherwise I don’t get why he’s have joined us in the first place, could’ve just done a Martin Boyle and committed to our national team while continuing to play over there. I’d be more worried about Sydney FC and WSW throwing bucketloads of cash at him to lead their line but I have faith he’d reject that anyway. He seems highly invested as a Mariners boy.
I like to imagine that because we gave him a chance after he squandered his over there in europe (showing up drunk to training etc) that he wants to do right by us in return.

Wombat

My suspicion is they won’t drop him off the back of last game, will see if he comes back from the cup fresh and ready to go. Time with Crawley and that keepers unit might do him a world of good. Should things go pear shaped from that point Sozer has to get a run.
Time spent with Crawley is always a good thing for any keeper. He turned Redmayne from a dud to a serviceable AL keeper. I have seen Danny at training and he gets down well. I have no idea what transpired with the 3rd goal because I would have saved that. You should have seen the look a mate of mine threw me after that goal. He was anti Vuka at the start of the season and I told him Danny will be great. He gave me a death stare like I was the person that had signed Danny lol.

StensnessGOAT

It's pretty clear Hall and Triantis are our best Centre Back pairing. Harsh on Kaltak and I think the red card was BS but there is a pecking order, same way Scotty Boland just has to deal with being fourth behind Cummins, Hazlewood and Starc despite his insane Ashes ahaha.

I thought Kelechi was impressive when he came on as well, but there is a pecking order.

StensnessGOAT

I don't wanna be too harsh on Kaltak because I think it's a great story how we plucked the Vanuatu captain out of semi-pro football to make his professional debut at the age of 29, but he's fourth banana and we have guys like Windust around anyway, seems obvious to me that Kaltak would be the one to go to open up a visa spot for Moresche when he's ready.

Omni

I like to imagine that because we gave him a chance after he squandered his over there in europe (showing up drunk to training etc) that he wants to do right by us in return.
He insists that was a beat up by the club. But it did kill his career in Scotland.

Corsair

Soft isnt grounds for an appeal. It wasn't even that bad of a decision.
Yeah actually you're right, watching it back on the close up it's probably worse than it looked from zoomed out.

After the comments Monty made in interview's about Dan's red card in the cup, I'd imagine Kaltak will be riding the pine for a while.

Ironbark

Confirmed 1 match suspension.
So be it. We have good depth at CB.

Watch this space on Kelechi John, we'll be singing his praises by seasons end I have no doubt.
I watched him when he was involved in preseason and he was very impressive. Fully fit and some time in the team and I think he will be a massive asset.

Regarding visa spots - I have expect Beni or another of our visas to get an offer too good to turn down by the time we have to worry about it

Last edited:

StensnessGOAT

Yeah actually you're right, watching it back on the close up it's probably worse than it looked from zoomed out.

Yeah, on the zoom you can see there’s a bit more force there than I thought live at the ground and then from rewatching from the main broadcast camera. Still BS though. Yellow.

StensnessGOAT

Regarding visa spots - I have expect Beni or another of our visas to get an offer too good to turn down by the time we have to worry about it
I mean, who’s really looking at getting a decent offer from overseas at this point though?

Kaltak? No. Kelechi? No. Ayongo? No. Tulio? No. Moresche? No. Nkololo? The most likely of them but I mean he hasn’t really been all that crash hot so far this season. Doubtful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred