• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Tevor

Just noticed Monty in his presser say on Kaltak "he's going to be a big part of this club moving forward for the next couple of years." Cat out of the bag on a two year extension?
And some other Visa is going, I heard that as well and then started to think a mutual termination for Kelechi. Even if he gets fit good luck against Hall, Triantis and Kaltak with Windust a soild fill in if required. Seems to be where we have excess now.

shipwreck

And some other Visa is going, I heard that as well and then started to think a mutual termination for Kelechi. Even if he gets fit good look against Hall, Triantis and Kaltak with Windust a soild fill in if required. Seems to be where we have excess now.
Yep noticed that as well.

How has not a single journalist asked the question on what is happening with Kelechi?

Big Al

Seen a few people raving about Kaltak so here’s my humble opinion,

I think his strong points are incredible, seems to be on the end of nearly every single defending/attacking set piece in his vicinity and uses his strength and physicality incredibly well.

However there’s still a few heart in mouth moments in terms of his positioning & passing / playing out from the back.

If he can sort that out I think we have an absolute top shelf A Liga centre half.
I feel he may not be used to playing on the Left as well. Someone had to go left and seems it’s been him. I am not to sure how much LCB he has played.

His dribble is a little heavy hence the turnover that led to his yellow card.

Also his passing with his left is non existent.

Certainly improving and had a couple of good games but still work to do but i think signing him has been justified.

I still think Triantis and Hall should be the preferred pair but have no issues with Kaltak at present

Big Al

I’m more worried about Danny with the ball at his feet than Kaltek. He just lets the opposition close himself down and im sure it won’t be long before he has a Matt Ryan moment… :popcorn:
Think it was the Sydney game. They pressured him like Newy did at one point but he was better prepared and opened his body to allow the ball to go past and him used the angle better plus the ball wasn’t hit as hard right at him but they obviously worked on whatever went wrong which was good to see

Forum Phoenix

0-0 because you missed a sitter still loses you 2 points

Ha. Nice try from the defenders Union PH. Strange how being rational or even correct just doesn’t cut it sometimes though.

You almost win a thousand bucks… and it’s “Damn! So close! Bloody hell” with maybe a chuckle and a rueful smile,

Lose or get fined a thousand bucks… and you’re ready to see the whole world burn for its crimes against humanity.

JoyfulPenguin

With us looking fairly light on in central midfield beyond Nisbet, Balard and Steele with regularly one being injured and having no option off the bench would nabbing someone like Seb Pasquali from Western or Liam Rose be a good idea?

priorpeter

Triantis is also an option there, one which Monty approves of. James Bayliss is also available as a scholarship option there, as is Maksim Kasalovic who made his debut against Sydney in the cup earlier this year. Another option coming through is Lachie Bayliss who has played 9, 10, and 8 in the academy this year and is a joy to watch.
Shame about Tappy’s injury; he would’ve been ready to slot in there if need be IMO!

Michael

Triantis is also an option there, one which Monty approves of. James Bayliss is also available as a scholarship option there, as is Maksim Kasalovic who made his debut against Sydney in the cup earlier this year. Another option coming through is Lachie Bayliss who has played 9, 10, and 8 in the academy this year and is a joy to watch.
Shame about Tappy’s injury; he would’ve been ready to slot in there if need be IMO!
I’ve been wondering where Kasalovic has been, he looked VERY good in the NPL games I managed to watch and was good in his debut. Is he full time with the first team?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred