• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Melange

I'm not sure that is what I heard. More along the lines that he will use the Football club to also push her charitable causes. I might have to listen again
Was about to post the same.

Also, context around the kpi on $800k in sales was if we hit that mark it shows we have a successful academy structure, acknowledging our status is a development and selling club. If we're not hitting that mark then we need to review things.

bikinigirl

The KPIs I have heard about seem to be profitability related (rather than football related like winning trophies). He said on the FNR interview something along the lines that the money he is investing in the club would normally have been directed to the charitable foundation that his missus runs, and the deal he has made with her in order to have access to that money now is that he makes the club profitable and then donates all profits to her foundation.

So in all seriousness, the answer to your question is that it is quite possible that Mrs P will be enforcing the KPIs - if he is hitting them all at the end of the 3 year try-before-you-buy period then he gets to keep his new toy, otherwise he has to walk away.

Of course - and knowing how easy it is to turn a profit from running a small football club <insert sarcasm emoji for avoidance of doubt> - it also gives him the excuse to walk away from a full deal with Mike at the end of 3 years if junior doesn't crack first grade.

. don't forget he is the majority owner ... a certain Mr Charlesworth is still involved

. i believe the KPIs are in the agreement between Mike and Rich, i.e.:
  • Rich is running things as the majority owner, paying most of the bills
  • if he doesn't hit the KPIs then Mike may have the opportunity to say ... 'thanks for paying the bills for me for 3 years ... you didn't make it profitable/break-even as promised, now piss off i'm taking the club back'

Rising Sun

. don't forget he is the majority owner ... a certain Mr Charlesworth is still involved

. i believe the KPIs are in the agreement between Mike and Rich, i.e.:
  • Rich is running things as the majority owner, paying most of the bills
  • if he doesn't hit the KPIs then Mike may have the opportunity to say ... 'thanks for paying the bills for me for 3 years ... you didn't make it profitable/break-even as promised, now piss off i'm taking the club back'
My take was that the try-before-you-buy was at Richard's request and Mike just wants shut. It would be a ballsy move on Mike's part to demand that anyone wanting to buy the club from him spent 3 years funding the club on a trial basis and proving their worth to buy it.

Tevor

Could be worse, Elon Musk could be our owner. We do get ourselves worked up about the little things in an off season. Every owner will be different and it seems we folk hold a very high standard to any owner and will be super critical if we don't agree with everything they do. October is still way too far away. So far I think RP is a breath of fresh air compared to MC. Oh how quickly we have forgotten the bad old days.

Last edited:

bikinigirl

My take was that the try-before-you-buy was at Richard's request and Mike just wants shut. It would be a ballsy move on Mike's part to demand that anyone wanting to buy the club from him spent 3 years funding the club on a trial basis and proving their worth to buy it.

. obviously i don't know the details of the deal ... but it could just as easily be that if Rich doesn't meet the KPIs he is forced to buy the lot but at a different rate - and use of the CoE could become a very different proposition

. i just love the way people form an opinion based on a few words, very general in nature, and assume knowledge of a deal which has never been made public but somehow those opinions become gospel and are repeated by others as fact*

* not saying you have done that (and this is not directed at anybody in particular) ... but there is some entertainment in seeing people trying to piece things together and how it takes on a life of its own - it just needs more humour and less righteous indignation

Rising Sun

i just love the way people form an opinion based on a few words, very general in nature, and assume knowledge of a deal which has never been made public but somehow those opinions become gospel and are repeated by others as fact*
I thought I was clear that I was giving my viewpoint (on what I think is a valid topic), but for avoidance of doubt I am definitely not claiming inside knowledge and am merely expressing "extremely uninformed opinion".

And tbf, I think "extremely uninformed opinion" would work as a thread title on most of the threads on this forum. ;)

Wombat

Mike is a ballsy guy. I spoke to the 2nd Richest resident on the Central Coast a few years ago and he told me Mike was very hard to do business with in relation to selling the club.

Last edited:

pjennings

I suspect we are looking at a range of players down the spine, including maybe a CB/DM player like Kaltak (he may be one of few in the mix) and possibly a CM/AM type player. Monty suggested he was still willing to add to the squad if it would improve the squad and fitted the budget. Didn't seem to be in a hurry with the season still a while away

pjennings

I suspect we are looking at a range of players down the spine, including maybe a CB/DM player like Kaltak (he may be one of few in the mix) and possibly a CM/AM type player. Monty suggested he was still willing to add to the squad if it would improve the squad and fitted the budget. Didn't seem to be in a hurry with the season still a while away
Sorry to quote myself but Aaron Evans is probably someone that Monty probably knows reasonably well. As a 17 year old he set up a goal against CCM in what was probably Monty's first game. He also trialed with us when he was 17 or 18 before Kaz Patafta got him a gig OS.

I'm not sure of the quality of the Indonesian league but he has been playing in a professional league since 2014 and last season split his time between CB and DM. A free agent since August 1st he is only 27 and is in the country. Canberra boy apparently missing his family after 8-9 years o/s.

scottmac

Suspended
Are we devaluing Dan by wishing for a more "experienced" centre back? Whoever comes in will be well behind him in how we play and how we defend. IMO, he's spent well enough time in our system to be that guy. It's just a matter of if he elevates himself into that role. I'd actually be inclined to give him a crack at it and if it doesn't work we've got the Jan window to fix it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred