• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

crock

I disagree.
Not a high level financially obviously, neither is the top tier bar the big 3.
BUT, there are some verrrrrrry good and massively underrated players playing in both their leagues atm.

whilst Kelechi isn’t the “experienced” player we expected, I have a feeling he’s what we needed. And he’ll surprise a lot of us. Good age again, physical specimen. Decent on the ball. Wait and see. I’d be genuinely annoyed if Monty signs Kaltak now.

side note, shits me to tears that just because a player coming to Australia didn’t play in a highly televised league (England, Spain, Germany etc) they’re instantly shit or who the f**k is this what a joke.
I remember people wrote beni off when he signed with us by seasons end he was one of our best last season

Gazza 13

I trust Monty and I reckon this blokes next stop in his career is Europe in 3-5 years. Pretty depressing announcement but

JoyfulPenguin

From looking at Kelechi John's resume:

He played 20 games in the Portugese Second Division for Casa Pia last season. 10 off the bench. For a total of 1082 minutes or an average of 52 minutes a game.

Casa Pia had by far the best defence in the Portuguese Second Division conceding only 22 goals in 34 matches. They were also promoted as runners up. But by the looks he was a second choice defender there, coming off the bench or not in the squad the majority of the time.

In the season prior to last he played many more games, 26 of 34 and started all bar two once again for Casa Pia.

Casa Pia also conceded the 14th (of 18) most goals in the Portuguese Second Division that year.

Definitely a more speculative signing then I would like but Monty, Sergio and Ken have earnt the trust required for this kind of signing.

sydmariner

midfielder

That time of year again. Updated 05/08/2022

I think we currently have the following squad. Please feel free to correct or add. We also utilise the NPL2 players. Of the players listed one has a long term injury and one may or may not retire.

Contract Expires 2022 (4)

Aguek
Bayliss
Simon - (Possibly another year - possibly retire)
Windust

Contract expires 2023 (5)

Moresche (long term Injury)
Roux
Ruhs
Sözer
Vukovic (could be longer - no details yet)

Contract expires 2024 (8)

Aquilina
Ayongo
Balard
Cummings
Hall
Koul
Nisbet
Nkololo

Contract expires 2025 (3)

Farrell
Silvera
Steele
Triantis
21 players on the list [BTW Pat 2025 is 4 not 3}

Add Kelechi John is 22, of which 4 are only signed to 22, with Moresche injured and unsure about Matty....

Having read Kelechi club announcement he seems to fit the mould of young player playing well with heaps of potential and possible future sale....

We have lost, Muller, Bozanic, Tongyik, Rowles, Birighitti, Urena as say experienced leaders and picked up Danny, with Zach Thomas on trail from Auckland City

Drew

You all seem to forget that we haven’t had ‘experience’ in our backline for the past few years, rowles wasn’t experienced and still young, nor was tongyik in the sense you were all hoping for, I’d much rather this signing then a mid 30s end of career centre back, seems like a solid signing, let’s back him and hope he does well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred