• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Cricko_086

I apologise in advance if this is a known fact but I have been away for some months. Do we get Garang for the game v the Scum or is his time here already?

LG__

Seen a few people raving about Kaltak so here’s my humble opinion,

I think his strong points are incredible, seems to be on the end of nearly every single defending/attacking set piece in his vicinity and uses his strength and physicality incredibly well.

However there’s still a few heart in mouth moments in terms of his positioning & passing / playing out from the back.

If he can sort that out I think we have an absolute top shelf A Liga centre half.

marinermick

I think his strong points are incredible, seems to be on the end of nearly every single defending/attacking set piece in his vicinity and uses his strength and physicality incredibly well.

However there’s still a few heart in mouth moments in terms of his positioning & passing / playing out from the back.

If he can sort that out I think we have an absolute top shelf A Liga centre half.

I agree with this. Still concerned about his lack and opposition coaches putting fast players on him. Trent B got behind our defence with ease.

I also look at the Triantis versus Wanderers and wondered what has happened since . He was next level in that game.

Coastalraider

Had a thought last night leaving the game. We seem to be fairly patient with visa forwards.,, Tulio, Moresche, Beni for example that we understand it seems to take players like that a couple of months to warm up and understand the Australian game.

For some reason we/me haven’t afforded Kaltak the same leeway. Fair to say that he and Tulio were both 2 of our best the last 2 games, both following a similar trajectory of getting used to the comp.

pjennings

The guy, while he is a bit older, has only been a football professional for a few months. IMHO he should be given a chance to learn in a professional environment similar to the guys coming through the NPL side. He has some fine attributes and seems to be learning quickly.

As for passing out from the back. When I look at it live I always worry (probably because I'm not in a position to judge) but when I watch the replays there normally doesn't seem too much to worry about.

Michael

I agree with this. Still concerned about his lack and opposition coaches putting fast players on him. Trent B got behind our defence with ease.

I also look at the Triantis versus Wanderers and wondered what has happened since . He was next level in that game.
I think triantis has been good every time he’s been on the pitch, last night he reminded me of a young Jedi in CM

Corsair

Had a thought last night leaving the game. We seem to be fairly patient with visa forwards.,, Tulio, Moresche, Beni for example that we understand it seems to take players like that a couple of months to warm up and understand the Australian game.

For some reason we/me haven’t afforded Kaltak the same leeway. Fair to say that he and Tulio were both 2 of our best the last 2 games, both following a similar trajectory of getting used to the comp.
Consequences for defensive mistakes are far worse than attacking mistakes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark