• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Ufuk all the sheep

turbo

I was not surprised that Mont left Marco on the bench. Lately he has been holding the ball for too long and running into more dead ends than Wee Mac used to.
When he came on yesterday there were quite a few times when he delayed too long on the break and did not release players running into open space.
I am getting concerned with his form.
Moresche provided some good energy up front and provided some glimpses of a quality player. When he stops falling over to draw fouls I may even be able to say "told you so" about him.

I reckon you’re well off the mark there AM. Correct about the through balls he should have fed but the bloke is so much of our attack and no player gets them all right. Now that he and Cummings seem to have a better understanding both of them are looking better for it (Sydney game aside but that was garbage all round).

I think Monty got the tactics on this one spot on and Marco wasn’t demoted, rather held back to ensure we had a creator up our sleeve to chase the win/game if needed after the early rush from the nix. Moresche put in a good performance but was on early to press, harass and pick up any scraps that fell his way. We were always unlikely to get on the front foot early in that first 15-20, to have Marco and Cummings both out there burning energy would have been a waste.

Forum Phoenix

I'm just watching the game now thanks to paramount plus. Not that it's a secret that it's awful and replays are slow but we were out yesterday and I thought I'd just watch it when I got home. Kept away from all news while waiting, had the score spoiled around 7pm. Still wasn't available at 9 so gave up. Few keywords for the search engines now. Paramount+ is a steaming pile of shit.
Me too. I emailed them to let them know my thoughts. As a sports streamer they make a good movie studio

Ozhammer

Might be it. It was biased but not condescending or blind and others could learn something from that. There was some passion and relatively natural dialogue rather than pulling teeth we sometimes get.
As partisan as they understandably were, they were also very complimentary about how our boys played and certainly respected the performance CCM put in.

I would listen to them over that Scummer Homer or that Lucy Zelic-alike Thompson any day and don’t get me started on that clown Georgevski, whose vernacular really grates on me. Macca is the pick of the commentary crop followed by (pains me to say it) Mossy, who provide insightful and concise commentary without having to go into what a player’s favourite colour of underwear is or some other irrelevant nonesense.

Forum Phoenix

I reckon you’re well off the mark there AM. Correct about the through balls he should have fed but the bloke is so much of our attack and no player gets them all right. Now that he and Cummings seem to have a better understanding both of them are looking better for it (Sydney game aside but that was garbage all round).

I think Monty got the tactics on this one spot on and Marco wasn’t demoted, rather held back to ensure we had a creator up our sleeve to chase the win/game if needed after the early rush from the nix. Moresche put in a good performance but was on early to press, harass and pick up any scraps that fell his way. We were always unlikely to get on the front foot early in that first 15-20, to have Marco and Cummings both out there burning energy would have been a waste.

I think that’s bang on. The schedule has surely impacted on Marco - only player to have started all games till the nix. And the truth is our forwards have all been making a lot of errors with final balls and have had many missed opportunities. But that's not surprising. Expected really. As there’s been a lot of change in personnel and you can see at high speed the players are still often unsure of the other players runs.

To be honest we’ve actually seen a huge amount of mistakes from all our attackers with final balls, god help the other sides in several of those games if we were more clinical. BUT they’ve also been creating so much and still doing enough right that we’ve had a very potent attack. This is indisputable or we wouldn’t have lost only one game in nine and be doing so well in for and against.

A big thing for me is that Marco and Jason are both not just scoring frequently but they're getting a lot of assists too. The other top five strikers in the league have more goals ( 4th and 5th just do anyway) but none of them are close to making the top five in assists as well. But both Jason and Marco are. Speaks very well of both of them and is very good news for us.

The good news is that Beni is killing it, and now Moresche has made a strong case for himself and that he can definitely at the least add real depth. Add Kuol and Hatch and we're becoming a very dangerous attacking side. Where I still think we're under gunned is in the middle when there's a real dust up for control. TB is not wrong about a true enforcer still missing imo. I want to be clear, I really like Max, but I think he's ultimately more likely to be our Niz replacement, and at current if we had a Mile, Stens or a Griffiths next to Niz, I think we'd be going up another level.

Shout out to Storm Roux. Thought he had a fantastic game.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
As partisan as they understandably were, they were also very complimentary about how our boys played and certainly respected the performance CCM put in.

I would listen to them over that Scummer Homer or that Lucy Zelic-alike Thompson any day and don’t get me started on that clown Georgevski, whose vernacular really grates on me. Macca is the pick of the commentary crop followed by (pains me to say it) Mossy, who provide insightful and concise commentary without having to go into what a player’s favourite colour of underwear is or some other irrelevant nonesense.
Macca and Mossy…now that’s a commentary team with a portion of common sense….a portion

Wombat

I was not surprised that Mont left Marco on the bench. Lately he has been holding the ball for too long and running into more dead ends than Wee Mac used to.
When he came on yesterday there were quite a few times when he delayed too long on the break and did not release players running into open space.
I am getting concerned with his form.
Moresche provided some good energy up front and provided some glimpses of a quality player. When he stops falling over to draw fouls I may even be able to say "told you so" about him.
Short term memory loss hey Ancient? Marco was MOM 2 games on the trot recently. Having said that, the last two games were ordinary.....but if you used the same yardstick we would not have seen Beni again this year before his recent purple patch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami