• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v WTFU 30/4

Man Overboard

I haven't read this thread so apologies if it has already been raised.
Why is it that when VAR is reviewed the field ref is advised to review something, he then goes to the side line to watch a replay and then returns with his decision, but yesterday, this didnt happen when the Paine/Miller penalty was overturned? Did he accept the decision from the other official without leaving the field to see it himself, or maybe he saw the review on the jumbo screen?

adz

Staff member
If they have to be there at least get them to sit in the corner somewhere. They're not there for the football or to add any atmosphere (by this I mean song selection is random and nothing to do with whats happening on field, eg The Great Escape at inappropriate times), but to have a bit of band practice. It's distracting having them march around the stands during the game.

turbo

Why is it that when VAR is reviewed the field ref is advised to review something, he then goes to the side line to watch a replay and then returns with his decision, but yesterday, this didnt happen when the Paine/Miller penalty was overturned?
Usually for black and white like offside, in or out of box they take the word from the VAR. Review is for subjective ones like enough contact for a penalty etc.. The obvious anomaly there is our city game where Evans reviewed on the grounds of there being some second contact bs.

Melange

I get the impression from that presser, that as soon as Monty took charge of the academy, he'd decided to set up a structure that would give him the spine of a team for him to eventually take into the senior ranks.

Got a tight knit group of talented youth, got them to watch seniors every week - Hoole, Melling, Clisby (till last season) - and was constantly telling them, I'll do everything I can to give you guys the chance to restore the pride in this club that these players have destroyed.

Huddo

I get the impression from that presser, that as soon as Monty took charge of the academy, he'd decided to set up a structure that would give him the spine of a team for him to eventually take into the senior ranks.

Got a tight knit group of talented youth, got them to watch seniors every week - Hoole, Melling, Clisby (till last season) - and was constantly telling them, I'll do everything I can to give you guys the chance to restore the pride in this club that these players have destroyed.
I think also weeding out the mercenaries has taken time aswell. The time stadjic used in his first season.

Big Dog

I think one thing Monty does really well is include Academy players i A-league training to expose them to the pace and experience of the league. Maybe once per week he will bring up 7 or 8 lads to participate in their matchplay practice. They're not only competing against experienced players but are having instructions on where to position themselves, pass etc by those same players.
As good as we went while Stajic was here one of the gaps was the transition of the Academy boys to top team level experience. Something Monty is doing very well.

ccf

Just watched the game on paramount (we went last night). So P....d, 5 minutes in the first half, the game goes blank then we see the start of the 2nd half....watched the full 45 minutes of 2nd half and several emails later to paramount ?

Jimmy

Just watched the game on paramount (we went last night). So P....d, 5 minutes in the first half, the game goes blank then we see the start of the 2nd half....watched the full 45 minutes of 2nd half and several emails later to paramount ?

Yeah this has happened with a few games now, very poor form.

Jimmy

Thought I'd share the YA post I did here for those who don't have Facebook.

Another masterclass from Dan Hall last night.
Here's a good shot of him in action.
Hang on, what's that in his pocket?
Oh, Will you look at that, it's the dimunitive Aleksandar Prijović.

279675415_5559914477369930_5245260138907944017_n.jpg
279668769_5559914467369931_7678307561310487335_n.jpg
279716652_5559914504036594_8472927289900349849_n.jpg

Allreet?

I have it on good authority there will be an article on FTBL this afternoon that discusses exactly this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami