• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Marketing Ideas to Help the Club

midfielder

We all have different ideas on what could work or not and in this thread lets share them with the club and if they want they can use or not use.

Try and keep ideas cheap ...

My idea,

There are eleven railway stations between Wyong and Woy Woy, and roughly 20k travel to the city for work...

If the club printed a hand out for Thursdaysbefore weekend home games a one page flyer, in yellow paper with a blue CCM banner.

The flyer would indicate what time and who we are playing, and have lots of links to Mariners TV....

Could be produced in house, using MS publisher or even word. Buy yellow paper... etc

Each person travelling has on average four contacts at home so the potential audience is 80K.... plus the reference support to MarinerTV.

The flyers left in the train carriage would be read by people over the day as well increasing the overall viewership.

Cost is cheap, all up over 12 home games 240K flyers app, at say $0.05 cents per copy or $12 K per year...

Recovery if it brings in only 1, 000 people @ say $ 20.00 per head its paid for itself...

Need volunteers, on a 12 Thursday mornings from around 6:00/ 6:30 to 8:00 / 8:15

If it managed to get 500 people per game thats 6K at $20.00 per head its over $ 120K ...

The sums are there to work out, spreads the Mariners word, brings people to MarinersTV, and has a potential audience of between 80 & 100 K when contacts of the train travellers are taken into account.

I can see people bored on the train simply logging into Mariner TV on the train because its referenced on the flyer...

Biggest issue getting people to hand out flyers on 12 days at 11 stations for say two hours of the morning peak.... arguably Gosford, Wyong, Tuggerah & Woy Woy would have most passengers, so have those four key stations with volunteers at least.

NO idea is rubbish...

Last edited:

Allreet?

While I think that's a good idea MF, shouldn't there be an easier, simpler, more cost effective (less labour intensive) solution such as posters at the stations with barcodes that could be scanned to give all latest Mariners news?

Such posters could be made fun and interesting, thus inspiring the scan.

Allreet?

I also like our occasional campaigns to drag friends along. The only problem with this campaign is that it drastically increases the queues at Bay Road, but I suppose that's a good thing...

FFC Mariner

Fun fact. I chose to deactivate my FB account 2 weeks ago (ads do my head in)
If you take away this page and a group chat I have learned precisely nothing about CCM (or the AL) since.
Now the clubs FB maybe hits 2 or 300 people being the clubs sole comms won't change anything
Add to that any TV coverage is on the invisible P+ and you have a problem.
A way is to get volunteers to be the club rep if you like for their local club.
Let's say I played O35 (I wish) I become the club ambassador for my team.
Promote games, freebies, whatever

Allreet?

I play O45s and a few of my team are regular attendees - most are occasional attendees.

If just half of every O35 and O45 team was a regular attendee and dragged at least one other along (preferably kids) we'd be just about sold out every week.

Corsair

Fun fact. I chose to deactivate my FB account 2 weeks ago (ads do my head in)
If you take away this page and a group chat I have learned precisely nothing about CCM (or the AL) since.
Now the clubs FB maybe hits 2 or 300 people being the clubs sole comms won't change anything
Add to that any TV coverage is on the invisible P+ and you have a problem.
A way is to get volunteers to be the club rep if you like for their local club.
Let's say I played O35 (I wish) I become the club ambassador for my team.
Promote games, freebies, whatever
Don't you follow the club on their YouTube or Instagram?

I wonder if Marvin has done a tiktok? We haven't seen much from him recently, maybe waiting for nearer the season start?

If we're going for flyers why not letterbox drop, those old school methods do still get results.

Allreet?

I hope we get some news near season start about what the new stadium deal has resulted in. In particular if the shithouse food offerings will be improved and some decent beer available, that might encourage some punters back.
I wolf down four pints at Bay Road, then don't bother wih beer (or the queues) in the stadium.

marinermick

I play O45s and a few of my team are regular attendees - most are occasional attendees.

If just half of every O35 and O45 team was a regular attendee and dragged at least one other along (preferably kids) we'd be just about sold out every week.

This, this so much.

I always thought the club should have a Central Coast Football round in February that can and can not include:
- allocated bay for your local club. Wear your club colours. Cheaper tickets sold through club and club gets a percentage.
- Registration tent for each club out the front of the Leagues Club entrance. People can ask questions, register, buy club equipment etc.
- President and Vice President of each club invited to a corporate box
- March past for all the Under 5s from the previous season club by club.
- CC Premier League All Star v CCM Academy curtain raiser game. Some charity game or memorial cup.
- Clubs competing in various competitions akin to the US basketball all star weekend e.g. sprint challenge, top bar challenge, dribbling challenge, penalty shootout challenge etc. etc.

MartyMariner

This, this so much.

I always thought the club should have a Central Coast Football round in February that can and can not include:
- allocated bay for your local club. Wear your club colours. Cheaper tickets sold through club and club gets a percentage.
- Registration tent for each club out the front of the Leagues Club entrance. People can ask questions, register, buy club equipment etc.
- CC Premier League All Star v CCM Academy curtain raiser game. Some charity game or memorial cup.
- Clubs competing in various competitions akin to the US basketball all star weekend e.g. sprint challenge, top bar challenge, dribbling challenge, penalty shootout challenge etc. etc.
Yep love the idea of a Central Coast football round.

greenlig

This, this so much.

That's a very good idea, would be amazing to see.

midfielder

This, this so much.

I like it...

midfielder

I think you give the forumite's too much credit here. Suspect most of the competitors (fastest, most accurate, technical skills etc..) would be playing in BPL.
can only speak for myself [but in my own mind] i am the best non selected for the Socceroo's no 6.... played for all the best clubs Yenora Knights, Smithfield Hot Spurs, Silverwater Rovers, Nork Rocks, Eastwood St Andrews, Epping YMCA...

So would love some local clubs playing....

midfielder

Was that in the topless league?!
Nar .... actually was the highest level I ever played.... NR had a Federation side or two actually Div 1 & 2... for those that don't know this was state based competition... anyWho NR approached as a team who played for Silverwater to come over as a team and we played All age Div 2.... and I played as an injury replacement in the Federation side four games but as a right back and two as a right mid...

Come to think of it I played in a higher team once in the world masters for Uni of NSW Div 1, and was the only person the the squad who did not play at a professional level and the side had two US internationals and a guy who play for West Ham FC ... always the worst player in the best team...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred