• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 7 - Cumdogs v Scumdogs

StensnessGOAT

Cumdog was robbed of more game time. I guess with the team performing so well it was tough to change the lineup around and swap out Duke, the starting line up stayed mostly the same every game. But Cummings definitely should've played more.

Corsair

Cumdog was robbed of more game time. I guess with the team performing so well it was tough to change the lineup around and swap out Duke, the starting line up stayed mostly the same every game. But Cummings definitely should've played more.
I'd have liked to have seen more of him but quite honestly I don't think he's fit enough. Duke and Leckie worked their balls off, I don't think JC or Garang have the engine to match them for the duration at the moment and that's what was required.

Allreet?

I'd have liked to have seen more of him but quite honestly I don't think he's fit enough. Duke and Leckie worked their balls off, I don't think JC or Garang have the engine to match them for the duration at the moment and that's what was required.
Duke and Leckie did well (enough) in the system Arnie played but frankly, they're not as good as Cummings and Kuol. I guess our boys came too late into the squad to force Arnie to change the system. Hopefully by teh Asian Cup the team will be built around them.

Insertnamehere

Duke and Leckie did well (enough) in the system Arnie played but frankly, they're not as good as Cummings and Kuol. I guess our boys came too late into the squad to force Arnie to change the system. Hopefully by teh Asian Cup the team will be built around them.
Garang does not do anywhere near enough defensive work to fit what GA was playing. Even his old coach said so. As for JC, he fits better than McTapin but Duke had so much game time he just wasn't gonna get a chance.

JC will be 31 next WC, Duke like 35. Assuming he's kicked on, I'd reckon he'll lead the line.

Last edited:

Allreet?

Bloody harsh to deny Dukey a starting role.
Not Arnies fault the cumdog blew his chance on the big stage.
A
I profoundly disagree with this. Australia was beaten and just hanging on for damage limitation by the time Cummings came on. He was totally isolated with zero service but still made a little bit of impact when he went looking for the ball. Not much, I grant you, but his team mates were too busy cowering to try and force anything.

Allreet?

Garang does not do anywhere near enough defensive work to fit what GA was playing. Even his old coach said so. As for JC, he fits better than McTapin but Duke had so much game time I just wasn't gonna get a chance.

JC will be 31 next WC, Duke like 35. Assuming he's kicked on, I'd reckon he'll lead the line.
That's exactly my point. The system had to be changed for GK to play serious minutes. I don't blame Arnie though, it was a bit too soon.

Ironbark

I profoundly disagree with this. Australia was beaten and just hanging on for damage limitation by the time Cummings came on. He was totally isolated with zero service but still made a little bit of impact when he went looking for the ball. Not much, I grant you, but his team mates were too busy cowering to try and force anything.
Absolutely, this

Forum Phoenix

Dukey earnt his starts and was immense. Hard with our need to prioritise defence to have a plan to bring JC on until we're chasing a lead. But he's a goal scorer and that's how you win games, especially when you're chasing at 2 nil down and there's nothing to lose.

At this point in the game, you couldn't argue that an unfit Hrustic was going to be better defensively nor imo was he more likely to score a goal than Cummings or Kuol. And nor did he score, and nor did he look like scoring. Instead his decision making, play and attitude was poor.

Karacic early period, and Matty's howler aside, Hrustic and his awful tantys was the worst performance I saw among the roos campaign. If Cummings had come on and played like him in a game with like that, I might agree with FFC. But can't agree he blew his big chance while we had bugger all possession in what was by then an unwinnable game against a far superior team.

Anyway, what I really would have loved is to see Kuol coming on a little earlier instead of the undercooked Hrustic. Has more pace, is not just returing from injury, and as he continually proves if you just give him a chance he can score or go very close against anyone. As he did. Maybe another 10-15 minutes and he bags one.

No real qualms with bringing on McClaren, he's done his time, but hey, it's round of 16 in the world cup, and it really wasn't the kind of game where we were having enough possession to get the kind of goals he typically score. What would have been nice was to have someone like Goodwin who can reliably hit one from outside the box... which Cumdog reliably can.

Degenek was cooked, on a yellow and getting beaten, so do you gamble and go for another attacker like CD instead of Karacic and punting Souttar up field? Argies score again and it's over.

Well, we'll never know.

But I do know that Kuol in his limited minutes looked more likely to score than anyone else. And that the Cumdog definitely has the potential to come on and score, but never got on. So I get that it rankles some.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred