• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

My software is up for an award...would love your votes :D

greenlig

Yeah, it's good to start being recognised, but like you say FP, still gotta bring it home. I'm comfortable enough pitching, and we know 11 of the investors in the event, so it will be fine.

And there are plenty of shares left ;)

midfielder

Update on proceedings: We got upwards of 500 votes which is massive, can’t thank you all enough for pushing it out to everyone :) The voting was incredibly easy to rig (open an incognito tab in your browser and you could vote as many times as you liked). A few other entries above us used that, but we decided not to chase it that way. We ended up 7th, so we didn’t make the top 5 automatic finalists. Still, there is a chance for selection as the judges can choose a 6th entry at their discretion. I genuinely believe we’re one of the best apps released in XR, we’re in with a chance. Regardless, it’s a huge effort from everyone, I’m incredibly proud of the work my team has done, it was basically three of us for almost three years and it’s just starting to bear fruit. Also, thanks again to all of you. Really appreciate the votes and well-wishes!!!

The OTHER news is, for me, even more exciting. As much as public recognition is great, being able to pay my bills and my employees’ is even better :D

In April, we applied for the AR Online Global Pitch Event. It’s a competition to choose the best startups from anywhere in the world to pitch their companies to a selection of 30+ of the worlds biggest investors in the augmented/virtual reality space. 241 startups applied, 8 finalists were selected - JigSpace is one of them. From 11.30pm Tuesday to 4.30am Wednesday this week I’ll be pitching online to 30+ investors, which is very exciting/nerve wracking. Then, next week I travel to the US and pitch live on stage at Augmented World Expo. That should be fun, there’s about 7k attendees.

The BEST part of this is that we’ve been signalled to investors as one of the very best AR startups in the world, we’ll be in front of them, and they have their cheque books open. We’re deep in our fund-raising mission, with over 500k committed (should finalise this week) of a total 1.2m we’re raising. I have at least two meetings a week with investors and as soon as we were able to say we’re in this pitch event, every single one has said they’d like to invest in us haha. It’s insane how attractive you are when others want you. SO, looks like we’ll finish our raise, I’ll be able to hire and pay more people, JigSpace will go onwards, upwards.

Here’s an early draft of our pitch, by the way. Still have a few things to tighten up and a slide or two to add, but this is the gist of it. Note: This video is unlisted so don’t share it around too much ;)

Any further news

greenlig

Update: So much has happened in the last couple of months.

Firstly, we didn't win the popular vote. After digging around a bit more, their system was completely unsecured, easily games. Some entries garnered 15k votes in the final two days, after only accumulating 400 in the preceding 28 days. Not much we can do about that! Still, want to thank you all for helping us give it a red hot go :) The pitch that came out of it was great though, here's the video of me on stage at AWE18:

Second: we got into Startmate, the biggest startup accelerator in Aus, and one of the top 5 globally. Essentially you spend 3 months working closely with mentors and investors from the largest venture capital firms and tech businesses in the country. We've been in there 3 weeks, already seeing crazy big improvements to Jig.

Third: and perhaps most important, we closed our $500k investment, and it hit the bank account this morning :cheers: Brings the raise to $725k, only $275k to go. Now that we've got the lions share, that last part should be much faster.

Finally: one of our clients, a project home developer here in Aus, made their first digital conversion this week using Jigs. Huge transaction value, Jig was the main sales tool in that conversion. This is massive, first big sales validation of our platform. We aren't charging them enough...yet :cool:

Exhilarating week would have been perfect if the boys had got up on Wednesday dammit! Now if you'll excuse me, this bottle of champagne that's been in my fridge for 6 months needs opening... :pirashoot:

greenlig

Necro an old thread, figured I’d post an update on where my company is at. A lot has happened since 2018, we raised a new round of funding, released a major product, and just in the last week, released our first commercial offering. We made a dope video for it, got a lot of love around the traps. Check it out, it’s actually the best description of the product:

That’s been fun. Nice to get investors reaching out to me for a change :). We also had a cool promotion by Apple. This week they released a campaign called Apple at Work on apple.com, and featured our tool as the example of business use-cases for augmented reality. It’s a big deal, lots of fun to see this little thing that I started 5 years ago on a stage like that.

We’re at 13 employees now, got a few big customers like Medtronic, Thermo Fisher, Schlumberger, and a bunch of smaller SMBs. I think we’ll be going for a bigger fundraise in the next 4-5 months, I really want to hire someone to take over all the boring/tedious business ops stuff. I’m not great at it, and we’re starting to run into global security requirements around data hosting/cyber insurance etc as we get bigger customers, so we need someone on it full time. Beyond that, we need to scale our marketing capabilities and spend, not much in the way of dedicated resource there, it’s basically split between me and another guy and we’re both run off our feet. All in all, it’s the most interesting time in the company’s life so far, lots of new and meaty challenges. Can’t say 5 years of hardcore toil has been great for my mental health, taking a couple of weeks off soon to reset and get ready for the next chapter.

Best part of all of this is the response from our users. A new co signed up last night:
"Technology is a wonderful tool for exploring from the comfort of ones own chair. With these tools we can think about the future and things to come. It seems that vision, or rather the ability to frame out in my mind a desired outcome, requires some careful reflection. What a fantastic set of tools you have made for us to create and share these ideas." It’s consistent feedback across our users, they love the tools.

Anyway, wanted to write something, thanks for reading, COYY.

Big Al

Necro an old thread, figured I’d post an update on where my company is at. A lot has happened since 2018, we raised a new round of funding, released a major product, and just in the last week, released our first commercial offering. We made a dope video for it, got a lot of love around the traps. Check it out, it’s actually the best description of the product:

That’s been fun. Nice to get investors reaching out to me for a change :). We also had a cool promotion by Apple. This week they released a campaign called Apple at Work on apple.com, and featured our tool as the example of business use-cases for augmented reality. It’s a big deal, lots of fun to see this little thing that I started 5 years ago on a stage like that.

We’re at 13 employees now, got a few big customers like Medtronic, Thermo Fisher, Schlumberger, and a bunch of smaller SMBs. I think we’ll be going for a bigger fundraise in the next 4-5 months, I really want to hire someone to take over all the boring/tedious business ops stuff. I’m not great at it, and we’re starting to run into global security requirements around data hosting/cyber insurance etc as we get bigger customers, so we need someone on it full time. Beyond that, we need to scale our marketing capabilities and spend, not much in the way of dedicated resource there, it’s basically split between me and another guy and we’re both run off our feet. All in all, it’s the most interesting time in the company’s life so far, lots of new and meaty challenges. Can’t say 5 years of hardcore toil has been great for my mental health, taking a couple of weeks off soon to reset and get ready for the next chapter.

Best part of all of this is the response from our users. A new co signed up last night:
"Technology is a wonderful tool for exploring from the comfort of ones own chair. With these tools we can think about the future and things to come. It seems that vision, or rather the ability to frame out in my mind a desired outcome, requires some careful reflection. What a fantastic set of tools you have made for us to create and share these ideas." It’s consistent feedback across our users, they love the tools.

Anyway, wanted to write something, thanks for reading, COYY.
Great job mate. Keep pushing

greenlig

Quick update: if any of you read the Financial Review, they did a write up: https://www.afr.com/technology/instead-of-a-boring-business-presentation-do-a-jig-20200723-p55esv

It’s behind a paywall, but I’ll post a screen cap of it below.Also, you can watch an interview with me here, see how I squirm for 7 minutes haha

okvlrkv.jpg

greenlig

Had a pretty interesting day today. Apple announced their new iPhone 12 at their annual keynote, and they used Jig as the key demo! Unbelievable moment for us as a team. Having the biggest company in the world using our tool as an example of the future is...wild. Pretty speechless, while also having to talk to press since like 5.30am.

Here's a video of our section of the keynote:

Pirate Pete

Had a pretty interesting day today. Apple announced their new iPhone 12 at their annual keynote, and they used Jig as the key demo! Unbelievable moment for us as a team. Having the biggest company in the world using our tool as an example of the future is...wild. Pretty speechless, while also having to talk to press since like 5.30am.

Here's a video of our section of the keynote:

Congratulations Mate!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami