• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

priorpeter

More likely a resourcing issue. We’re lucky to be blessed with one of (if not the) best media managers in the league, but he’s already working about 249 hours a week.
A couple of other clubs actually have dedicated/additional resource in that academy space, but most don’t. While it would be nice to have that coverage in real time for every single game it’s not always possible I guess.
Football NSW do have a match report/round review up on the NPL2 website.
Of course there was a bit more coverage last season through FNSW as all NPL2 matches were streamed live due to the condensed season, but again that was a FNSW initiative.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

More likely a resourcing issue. We’re lucky to be blessed with one of (if not the) best media managers in the league, but he’s already working about 249 hours a week.
A couple of other clubs actually have dedicated/additional resource in that academy space, but most don’t. While it would be nice to have that coverage in real time for every single game it’s not always possible I guess.
Football NSW do have a match report/round review up on the NPL2 website.
Of course there was a bit more coverage last season through FNSW as all NPL2 matches were streamed live due to the condensed season, but again that was a FNSW initiative.
Would love to have that resourced again but can see how it is hard for the club to justify it when funds are tight. Though some Amateur/Semi Professional sides do manage to produce content like that, maybe something the club could sort through volunteers?

Ozhammer

I went and they we see dreadful. Very young side who limped to a scrappy 1-0 over the bottom team. Still, 3 points is 3 points
Not sure I agree with that summary FFC, from where I sat our boys dominated the first half, albeit with nothing to show for it. Second half was scrappy and we were fortunate to get the goal but sometimes playing the bottom feeders presents its own challenges (MVC anyone?).

I was personally pleased to see young Jacob Farrell back with the club after I had heard he was giving it away, as I see real potential in that lad. If he keeps his head straight, he could well be the heir apparent to Clisby imho.

pjennings

Not sure I agree with that summary FFC, from where I sat our boys dominated the first half, albeit with nothing to show for it. Second half was scrappy and we were fortunate to get the goal but sometimes playing the bottom feeders presents its own challenges (MVC anyone?).

I was personally pleased to see young Jacob Farrell back with the club after I had heard he was giving it away, as I see real potential in that lad. If he keeps his head straight, he could well be the heir apparent to Clisby imho.
+99999

Michael

did he play against WSW the other week? The surfy looking long hair ya hoo? If so I agree he looked decent.
I had heard about his situation so it’s nice he’s having another go.

JoyfulPenguin

Central Coast Mariners Academy match report located at the bottom from NPL 2 Men's Reporter Justin Smith:

Big Dog

did he play against WSW the other week? The surfy looking long hair ya hoo? If so I agree he looked decent.
I had heard about his situation so it’s nice he’s having another go.
I watched Jacob last season and was impressed. Doesn’t look like a footballer but reads the game so well and solid as you’ll get. He took some time off from the heavy football schedule and it’s probably what he needed. Great to have him back in the squad

FFC Mariner

Natural successor to Clisby? Cant we get someone who can cross?

Holy

1/2 time at CCM v Spartans 0-0.

Pretty frantic game so far, with CCM only really starting to control possession late in the half.
Spartan hit the post in 11 minute but since then only one shot on target which went straight to our keeper.

CCM had penalty awarded in 44 min but a good save by Spartans keeper denied CCM who then produced another good save in the follow up play.

CCM have had a few chances but have not been on target.

Michael

Pretty scrappy 2nd half.

CCM hit crossbar in 70min,

We blew a few chances, Spartans didn’t really threaten much in 2nd half except right at end when they thought they had equaliser but a push was ruled and goal disallowed.

Final score CCM 1 Spartans 0

thanks for the live updates mate
Do you know who scored the goal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member