• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

FFC Mariner

20's were on fire - shows the quality we have against same age group. . Teng Kuol patrolling in front of the back 4 just looks like a footballer, really stood out.
Seniors were.................shit really. The returning AL players were quite ordinary
Players who I noticed in seniors?
Dor Jok our Kenyan #9. Great hold up play, good touch and tough too. Very good prospect. Maybe Jackson Khoury (although he butchered at least 2 decent chances).
Finding 8 teams worse than us might be tough this season on that performance.
Nice to see the alumni (Niz, Hall) watching their mates.
At 1 all in injury time against the side who were running away with the comp last season was ok. No need to pour forward like lunaics trying to get the win and getting done on the counter.
Also, we were so narrow. Made it easy for what was a good side to close us down
Also, Mark Moric? rubbish.
Awaratife? Rubbish

Ancient Mariner

20's were on fire - shows the quality we have against same age group. . Teng Kuol patrolling in front of the back 4 just looks like a footballer, really stood out.
Seniors were.................shit really. The returning AL players were quite ordinary
Players who I noticed in seniors?
Dor Jok our Kenyan #9. Great hold up play, good touch and tough too. Very good prospect. Maybe Jackson Khoury (although he butchered at least 2 decent chances).
Finding 8 teams worse than us might be tough this season on that performance.
Nice to see the alumni (Niz, Hall) watching their mates.
At 1 all in injury time against the side who were running away with the comp last season was ok. No need to pour forward like lunaics trying to get the win and getting done on the counter.
Also, we were so narrow. Made it easy for what was a good side to close us down
Also, Mark Moric? rubbish.
Awaratife? Rubbish
Thought they were better than that FFC, a bit tough.
Dominated most of the game but did not take their chances.
I loved the combinations in the front third, but lack of finishing, as usual, let the boys down.
Defence was shaky and needs lots of work.
McCarthy looked best quality. I want to see more of Dor Jock. Speed on the wings looked promising. Lots of possible, look forward to seeing more.

Big Al

Only watched the first half and the last 10 as the Webber needed firing up.

Steele was horrible. Turned the ball over alot and easy passes were sprayed. Not a good first half.
Midfield as a whole was poor

Jok looks an excellent prospect. 100% with @FFC Mariner there.

Macarthy looked dangerous.

The backs looked shaky and Ruben size worried them.

Should have scored just before conceding the penalty

pinklady

Threw away the point again with a lapse after 90 minutes - and again an ex Academy player scored against us for the second week in a row. Disgraceful performance by our coach given a red card for abuse of the referee after the equaliser and refused to leave the field for 3 minutes - setting a great example (not).

pinklady

Not a great start - I'm not sure what the coach blew up about but refusing to leave was piss poor (no matter how angry he was)
2 weeks runnnig they have pissed it away - sad
Ben Duncan went down injured and had to leave the field while Bonnyrigg were about to take a corner. We conceded another corner immediately and the referee didn't allow Duncan back on until after the ball was in play. Bonnyrigg scored from the corner - terrible defending and having a striker back on (who had a very ordinary game anyway) would not have made any difference. Christiansen was well out of order in his behaviour. I would be surprised if he doesn't cop a lengthy ban - if he'd just shut up and gone he'd get one week, carrying on like he is above the game is not on.

Rising Sun

Academy lads managed to not concede in stoppage time for the first time this season and beat Mounties Wanderers 2-1. First grade squad members in the team were Steele and Bayliss at DM, Hatch at LB and Dor Jok at CF, whilst Galang came off the bench.

U-20s continued their good form with an 9-0 win; that's 19 goals in 3 games I think.

Last edited:

marinermick

Academy lads managed to not concede in stoppage time for the first time this season and beat Mounties Wanderers 2-1. First grade squad members in the team were Steele and Bayliss at DM, Hatch at LB and Dor Jok at CF, whilst Galang came off the bench.

U-20s continued their good form with an 8-0 win; that's 18 goals in 3 games I think.

Excellent to see Garamg back. He provided a spark off the bench and was outstanding except for his penalty.

Thought the younger Bayliss was excellent as well.

20s are a gun team. They will romp it in and we will see soMe A-League players out of there in a few year’s time.

Rising Sun

Yes very keen to see more of Lachlan Bayliss, though he had some quality touches. The close control and one-two that Galang played to set up a chance that was saved at close range was class. Monty and Serge were riding him hard on his effort areas in tracking back.

With Christenson I assume suspended, Monty and Serge were back on coaching duties btw.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami