• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Michael

Dude....sorry to be harsh....but i don't give a Flying Fook about your podcast of "work" anymore. Focus on your job....which is to communicate with the fans as much as you possibly can. Most fans have never heard of you and most fans couldn't care less.
Park your ego.
I agree, but I also think this was his first official week. Would’ve involved some training of sorts of what can and can’t be posted etc and basic learning the ins and outs of the club. Settling in.

he’s definitely part of the TikTok type of crowd though. He has big shoes to fill, the last media manager produced some pure gold in terms of social media output.

crock

I agree, but I also think this was his first official week. Would’ve involved some training of sorts of what can and can’t be posted etc and basic learning the ins and outs of the club. Settling in.

he’s definitely part of the TikTok type of crowd though. He has big shoes to fill, the last media manager produced some pure gold in terms of social media output.
Yep i would think they will support him in his new role

priorpeter

I think he will be great. He just needs to understand his role.
In terms of content creation, he could’ve been ok. Club needs an actual media manager though and thankfully are recruiting for one.
We’ve been blessed over the years by the likes of Dave Jordan, Tyson Scott, Glen Lauder, Ben O’Neill, Ben Coonan - some names who may be unfamiliar because they stay behind the scenes, as is the role of a media manager…
we’ve been spoiled by the calibre of our previous media managers!

Last edited:

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

Dude....sorry to be harsh....but i don't give a Flying Fook about your podcast of "work" anymore. Focus on your job....which is to communicate with the fans as much as you possibly can. Most fans have never heard of you and most fans couldn't care less.
Park your ego.
I think this was on his own channel, not the official one. Why shouldn’t he give an update on what’s happening and why he won’t be uploading as much to his followers/subscribers (whatever you call it)

Rising Sun

Because he gets paid by someone else?
Yes that's exactly what he was saying - he was letting his subscribers know that he had a new job that was going to be taking up all his time which meant there was going to be a dramatic drop in output on his own channel. I don't understand the problem here.

Sounds from Pete's use of the past tense about him that he has already been punted anyway? Probably had a steep learning curve in the role outside of content creation and maybe not the best fit for the role. But poor on the clubs part if that is the case - it's not like they didn't know what they were getting, not only given his prolific output on social media but also the fact that he actually did some work for the club at the end of last season.

Ozhammer

I believe that the club is looking to have more than one person in the media space, so perhaps Lachie will be part of that team going forward, as it is a demanding role for just one person.

Gazza 13

I was like his 5th subscriber on CWF (Coast Watch Football) and I can tell that this bloke loves the Mariners. He is new to this role and the video was mainly for his subscribers on his channel, not the whole CCM community. He has a lot of expectation but we should give him a chance before we criticize him

turbo

On here we've seen people criticizing the club not engaging various demographics, part of that is different content aimed at different audiences. It's OK if something isnt for you, maybe it wasnt meant for you this time. Finding a balance is important but its possible that it may take multiple contributors (not necessarily all full time) to make that happen.

samster

I was like his 5th subscriber on CWF (Coast Watch Football) and I can tell that this bloke loves the Mariners. He is new to this role and the video was mainly for his subscribers on his channel, not the whole CCM community. He has a lot of expectation but we should give him a chance before we criticize him
Yeah I don't engage with a tonne of his content because it's not really how I consume my football content but he has definitely put in a lot of hard work over the past year and has engaged a young audience.

In terms of his role at the Mariners, happy to give him time to settle into the role and figure out whats required, just like I would for any new player or coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami