• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

FFC Mariner

I'm glad this shit show/turmoil is during the off season.
Hopefully people get over their big swinging dick antics and run a football club.
If the debacle is restricted to NSWPL we may get off lightly
If the alleged interference spreads to the seniors we could be
Well, Wanderers

JoyfulPenguin

I was on the fence about Christensen's departure but losing youth players has pushed me over the edge, especially losing someone like Caruso.

Wilkshire has minimal experience and Peil has a clear conflict of interest in this appointment. If this was Peil's appointment it shouldn't have been. He needed and needs to recuse himself from Youth staffing appointments and decisions.

We have the best development system in Australia if not Asia. It is madness to mess with highly successful structures.

Meerkat

Won’t be the only one sadly.

Ok this is EFF’d. Seriously!!!!!

How is this the start to our season???

Thought we were supposed to be kickstarting a new era with Peil.. that era is already biting us in the arse and it’s barely begun!!!

I think an earlier post hit the nail on the head. He may be a businessman but we are (were) a family club and a huge part of our loyalty (all of it in some cases) stems from our love for the players and staff.

Players leave.. sure. Of course. We know that.

But this is becoming an avalanche. I don’t have good feelings ☹️

priorpeter

Lawrence just confirmed his leaving on Insta… going before finals too?
Would expect he’ll be linking up with Wanderers’ first grade for pre-season. Won’t be able to play for them in FNSW League One finals though as the window is closed.

Ozhammer

From what I know of Caruso, he might struggle down at WSW, as he has apparently needed a fair bit of off field support while he was with us.

Change is nearly always unsettling but hopefully things will settle down quickly enough and from what I have seen the replacement keeper, seems a pretty solid prospect.

Michael

I didn’t really rate Caruso anyway, very small GK without the necessary movement or reflexes to make up for it. And his distribution wasn’t the best.

we nearly always lose bulk youth players at the end of every season because of the way football is set up in this country. Trust that the cream of the crop is kept like it has been previously.

Wombat

Ok this is EFF’d. Seriously!!!!!

How is this the start to our season???

Thought we were supposed to be kickstarting a new era with Peil.. that era is already biting us in the arse and it’s barely begun!!!

I think an earlier post hit the nail on the head. He may be a businessman but we are (were) a family club and a huge part of our loyalty (all of it in some cases) stems from our love for the players and staff.

Players leave.. sure. Of course. We know that.

But this is becoming an avalanche. I don’t have good feelings ☹️
One player is not an avalanche. The timing is poor but Christo was leaving to be replaced by Luke already at season's end.

I really wouldn't be overreacting just yet.

Rising Sun

I didn’t really rate Caruso anyway, very small GK without the necessary movement or reflexes to make up for it. And his distribution wasn’t the best.

we nearly always lose bulk youth players at the end of every season because of the way football is set up in this country. Trust that the cream of the crop is kept like it has been previously.
You are probably being a bit harsh, but I am not overly concerned about losing him. We already have some better options. As for the risk of becoming an avalanche, the other players have to be pragmatic. Why would you leave a club whose business model is to give young players opportunities (and to go to a club where it far less likely you would be given a chance, just because you like the coach)?

Whilst I think there is some flags about what has supposedly happened, I don't think there should be a major immediate impact and there is time for Wilkshire and co to hopefully fix things up

Ironbark

One player is not an avalanche. The timing is poor but Christo was leaving to be replaced by Luke already at season's end.

This.

The other common thing in football is for there to be a few new appointments and releases in the coaching staff with new owners and new seasons. Nothing that has happened yet has been unexpected or extreme, if anything it's been tame. Long way to go before concern.

Our best coaches and young players have been given long contracts with more to come. Which for me well and truly outweighs letting go of Christo a tad early (it may always have been the plan for him only to take us to the end of the regular season) or losing a replaceable youth GK.

If your adrenaline is rising just take a deep breath and look at what is going right.

Meerkat

I most definitely wasn’t referring just to Caruso.

But I can say “tip of the iceberg” if preferred if you wish to discount any other departures and start from now. Since as previously suggested, others will follow.

But the whole back room coaching staff just got one is a little hard to discount.

FFC Mariner

This.

The other common thing in football is for there to be a few new appointments and releases in the coaching staff with new owners and new seasons. Nothing that has happened yet has been unexpected or extreme, if anything it's been tame. Long way to go before concern.

Our best coaches and young players have been given long contracts with more to come. Which for me well and truly outweighs letting go of Christo a tad early (it may always have been the plan for him only to take us to the end of the regular season) or losing a replaceable youth GK.

If your adrenaline is rising just take a deep breath and look at what is going right.
I think it's the execution and temper tantrum when orders aren't followed that is concerning

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb