• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Big Al

Starting going long halfway through the 2nd half and by passing the midfield and with that we lost control of the game that we should have won in the first half.

Macarthy sub was a bad decision

greenlig

We really didn't have a serious front-on attack in the second half (that these drunk San Jose eyes saw). We didn't really deserve to win after the first 60 odd minutes.

samster

Tough to cop, thought we really controlled the first half but seemed gassed after the 60 minute mark.
Didnt help that we lost Tapp and Kuzevski copped an injury.

priorpeter

Heartbroken for the boys but not to be on the day. St George proving a real bogey side for us. Really needed to make our early dominance pay, and it cost us… always felt it was going to ET and that miss late on from Benny Duncan really summed up the afternoon.
Promotion achieved, that was the aim, and NPL beckons - can’t wait for next season already.

pjennings

One of there goals was preceded by what the commentator said was great control on the right wing. Pity that the control was by his arm. But really - we looked second best the longer the game went.

Rising Sun

Lost shape after Macarthy taken off. Interesting sub as he was looking dangerous all game
In fairness most of the loss of shape - and real turning point in the game for me - came when Kuzevski came off, and that was down to having an unbalanced bench. We had 4 attacking players plus Hong on the bench and obvioulsy Hong had to come on early. So when Sasha went off, we had a very effective DM switch to RB and a winger drop into DM, and we never looked likely from that point.

But definitely a strange sub to bring McCarthy off, when the game was still in the balance. Even if he was feeling the pace, he was 100 times more likely to unlock the defence than Jok and should have stayed on there until we at least got another goal or he slowed to a complete walk.

samster

In fairness most of the loss of shape - and real turning point in the game for me - came when Kuzevski came off, and that was down to having an unbalanced bench. We had 4 attacking players plus Hong on the bench and obvioulsy Hong had to come on early. So when Sasha went off, we had a very effective DM switch to RB and a winger drop into DM, and we never looked likely from that point.

But definitely a strange sub to bring McCarthy off, when the game was still in the balance. Even if he was feeling the pace, he was 100 times more likely to unlock the defence than Jok and should have stayed on there until we at least got another goal or he slowed to a complete walk.
He was on a yellow and the game was getting spicier as it went on so I wasn’t shocked he was subbed. But agree, combo of subs and injuries meant we lost our shape and control of the game

Meerkat

I watched the game on my laptop from work and thought we looked great first half, despite Jok missing some clear chances.. I actually messaged my husband in the second half to say if we lose this, I’m putting it on Jok ? Sure it wasn’t all on him but had he put the ball away and had us up a couple not 1, I do think we would have been ok.
No confidence in him as a striker at all.
Zero confidence with him in the first team.

sydmariner

3 CCM players made the squad.

FFC Mariner

6 from Sydney for us to sign when they realise they can't break through ?

marinermick

Miguel is a gun. Interestingly two of the three already have agents. I suspect all three very soon.

Rising Sun

Miguel is a gun. Interestingly two of the three already have agents. I suspect all three very soon.
I though there were one or two strange selections in the 20s in particular towards the end of the season (over and above the issues related to Christenson's departure). I wonder if that was agent influenced? I.e. favouring players signed with certain agent(s) in return for the agent directing gun young players on their books to CCMA?

midfielder

These are our players in the squad

NamePositionCurrent ClubJunior Club / Member Federation
Miguel DI PIZIOMidfielderCentral Coast Mariners FCAC United / Football NSW
Campbell DOVISONAttackerCentral Coast Mariners FCEast Bentleigh SC / Football Victoria
Andre PARKESDefenderCentral Coast Mariners FCCastle Hill United / Football NSW

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred