• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New Trains

midfielder

We are due for the new D Set trains soon...

Some info on them.

Couple of links on the new """Intercity Trains""" should be working some time next year and the existing trains transferred to Sydney routes...

Only thing I don't like about the new trains is the seats are fixed with half the seats facing backwards ... they don't swing over like existing trains....Further they will run 10 car trains with each car holding more than the older cars... some key features individual seats, arm rest, devise ports to run most things., seats have tray tables...

Latest release link

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects/current-projects/new-intercity-fleet

midfielder

Some basic stuff

Don't like not having swing seats but the trains seem great with individual seats with lap tables similar to planes, improved storage, bike storage.

According to what I read the new D set trains are coming in two sets.

4 car

6 car

Two four connected form an 8 car

A 4 & 6 form a 10 car.

Some are saying they will join some 6 cars together to form a 12...

Big Al

Some basic stuff

Don't like not having swing seats but the trains seem great with individual seats with lap tables similar to planes, improved storage, bike storage.

According to what I read the new D set trains are coming in two sets.

4 car

6 car

Two four connected form an 8 car

A 4 & 6 form a 10 car.

Some are saying they will join some 6 cars together to form a 12...
They had a train strike unannounced last week because the government was going to do testing but the union had a fit (and rightly so imo) because they have no guards at all. Not even to make sure the doors are clear and they were saying nothing was stopping them from taking off with a passenger trapped in the doors.
Surely a train should have at least 1 human on it even if for supervision but unfortunately not. Welcome to the future. Apparently moveable seats are very Australian and some visitors find them great as they are not used to them. I find it to be handy and for the small extra costs should of been incorporated but the seat accessories probably made it impossible.
I haven’t stopped taking the train during Covid and numbers are certainly increasing again. It’s gone from me and 1 other on the bottom half of the carriage to back to almost 1 per seat (on a 2 person seat). I think the government asking its workers back into the office has had an impact plus covid success. I will let you know how the new carriages go but my biggest concern is cheap seats with no padding. It’s a long. Way each day on a crap seat

pjennings

They had a train strike unannounced last week because the government was going to do testing but the union had a fit (and rightly so imo) because they have no guards at all. Not even to make sure the doors are clear and they were saying nothing was stopping them from taking off with a passenger trapped in the doors.
Surely a train should have at least 1 human on it even if for supervision but unfortunately not. Welcome to the future. Apparently moveable seats are very Australian and some visitors find them great as they are not used to them. I find it to be handy and for the small extra costs should of been incorporated but the seat accessories probably made it impossible.
I haven’t stopped taking the train during Covid and numbers are certainly increasing again. It’s gone from me and 1 other on the bottom half of the carriage to back to almost 1 per seat (on a 2 person seat). I think the government asking its workers back into the office has had an impact plus covid success. I will let you know how the new carriages go but my biggest concern is cheap seats with no padding. It’s a long. Way each day on a crap seat
It was a apparently a requirement in the tender documents. How could it have been accepted? Properly padded moveable seats needed much move than the accessories. They now have moveable seats for suburban and fixed for inter-city. Good on you Gladys - Premier of Sydeny

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb