• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Open letter to the FFA - Free public transport to GF?

badboywithboys

Hi FFA,

I am living on the Central Coast and support the Mariners. If the Grand final cannot be played on the Central Coast or Newcastle and is played in Sydney, I feel the Grand final tickets should include free public transport. If this is not offered I cannot see a sell out final. It is also not fair to the local community and families who have to spend more money to support their team.

The AFL  have free public transport for Sydney Swans games and I have attended one or two of their games, even though I don't really support AFL .

The other concern is that if Sydney FC make the grand final and it is played in Sydney against Central Coast or Newcastle the game should be played at ANZ Staduim, same if it is Mariners V Jets. The only time it should be played at the SFS is if it is Mariners V QLD or Newcastle V QLD.

Regards
BadBoywithBoys

Blackadder

Free public transport has only applied to some events at Stadium Australia, so if it is at the SFS you can forget about it happening.
Only way that the final will be at Stadium Australia, is if Sydney FC are involved so no team has a "home ground advantage"

Deej

IMO they will need to decide on a venue after the semi finals as tickets go on sale to home supporters the next day don't they?

They won't know if Sydney will be involved until the week after.

nero

What concerns me is that if Townsville do eventually get into V4 or V5 or LOL Wellington have hosting rights to the grand final, then the FFA will have to give it too them. i.e rubbing it in our face.

They will have no other choice and will get a small capacity crowd for the A- league show piece. Could the FFA move the game to Brisbane a 1000Km away or to Sydney for Wellington 2000+Km? what would be the attendance?

Maybe in 20 years time when the league has depth, they can rotate the GF. I can't see that occuring for a very long time. I would like to see the AFL do it 1st as a trial for the A-League.

:piralaugh:

nero

My guess is it will be SFS. I would prefer ANZ, even if it is not a sellout.

kevrenor

nero said:
My guess is it will be SFS. I would prefer ANZ, even if it is not a sellout.
I too say it should be the Olympic (without sponsors name gratuitously appended) Stadium so we all get seats, and they can run trains and buses.  :thumbup:

If it is SFS the first team in (us, no it will not be the Scum) and if Sydney make it - ha, ha - we should get the 25,000 seats and Bay 23, and Sydney the 8,000! :piralaugh:

brett

DJ said:
IMO they will need to decide on a venue after the semi finals as tickets go on sale to home supporters the next day don't they?

They won't know if Sydney will be involved until the week after.

You wouldn't put it past the FFA to

a) Hold off letting the CCM or NUJ fans buy tickets until they see if Sydney gets in...then give the GF hosts only one day of preferential buying.

b) Move the game at the last minute, making life very difficult for all those who already bought tickets.

Good idea on the free transport though. We should get looked after.

Sacko

Not only should it be free transport - if it's Newcastle they should have trains that are express to Morriset for the Scummers and Woy Woy for the Champions after the game to avoid a blood bath!

adz

Staff member
brett said:
You wouldn't put it past the FFA to

a) Hold off letting the CCM or NUJ fans buy tickets until they see if Sydney gets in...then give the GF hosts only one day of preferential buying.

b) Move the game at the last minute, making life very difficult for all those who already bought tickets.

Good idea on the free transport though. We should get looked after.

Yeah remember season 1 and Sydney had a whole week to get tix before we even knew we were in it. Can't imagine Football Federation Sydney putting themselves in that situation... but they may surprise.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Sacko said:
Not only should it be free transport - if it's Newcastle they should have trains that are express to Morriset for the Scummers and Woy Woy for the Champions after the game to avoid a blood bath!

:thumbup: NOW thats an excellent piece of thinking.....can you imagine the mood those inbred F****rs would be in after getting belted mariner style....my god there would be carnage...they won 2-1 and kicked shite out of the train windows the other week...go figure  :thumbup:

marinersman

I really hope scum don't make the GF. I am very concerned about the behaviour of the toothless, inbred f**kers when they would lose to us.

The last thing we need is trouble at our show piece event. I hate to say it, but there would be big trouble from them if (or when) they lost to us in the GF. Same goes for the second leg at home. I hope Ivan and the boys are geared up for when they lose to us home and away.

It does bother me a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred