• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

adz

Staff member
This board has been set up to track long term goals for improving CCM Fans. It’s new board, separate from the existing ccmfans.net one as it’s ‘members only’ – or only accessible if you are logged in.

The site works well enough as ‘just a forum’ – all the other clubs’ fans basically have the same thing – but I’d like it to be a little more. We’ve already got a ton of information coming through here, thanks to our awesome little community, but it would be good to be able to access it all easily, in some nice-looking format. For example, the basic stuff like when the next home game is, any special events attached to that, away games, info on meetups, info for any visiting fans… on to things like our who is in our current squad, their contract status, tracking past players… and etc.

All this stuff can be found if you go digging for it, but it would be nice to have it in one place.

And I think, while the current home page – list of all the boards and some info on what/when was posted last – is functional, it doesn’t look that great and isn’t all that practical. So, something to see latest content a bit easier would be nice.

We’re also very focussed on the Mariners main team, so it would be nice to include the youth team, W-League team (when it gets up and running), and then something for local clubs (?? Question mark?).

And after all that, I’ve got some vague ideas on making the site a bit more interactive, especially on game day.

As we continue to add things, improve things, we should then be able to start pushing to get more people on here, and grow to be an exciting, vibrant, community! :pirashoot:

This board is for long term planning – I’ve only got limited time available to work on this stuff, but if we do little bits at a time it will eventually turn into something great.

I’m locking this thread and leaving it as a bit of an intro, with other threads for the ideas/discussion.

Looking forward to hearing all your thoughts!

Adz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member