• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Random Holiday stuff

midfielder

Just back from hols, great time on the beach or sitting in the tent wondering when rain was going to stop, and the wind stop blowing.

To keep the peace on the home front had to stay way from a computer for 3 and a half weeks.

Been interesting while way big crowds, lost the top of the table stop.

From the away perspective and just watching the games from a very noisy pub with most not interested in the match and no sound apart from the music screen blasting out above the roar of a packed pub. To me the mid field did not support the backs in terms of getting back and in position to help, and both the backs and mids kept giving away cheap ball.

Anyway to my straw poll in Hal Ver 1, at Bryon Bay the A-League was not shown by the clubs and pubs and apart from me in the caravan park no one followed the A-League, Hal Ver 2 you could ask the pub and the A-league would be shown and maybe US Basketball would be taken off, a number of people in the caravan park acknowledged the A-league. Hal 3 all games broadcast and with some watching, back at the caravan park most now had an A-league team they still supported NRL or AFL but most had an A-League team.

Interesting comment from my sister, who I took along with her family to the Sydney match(her first match), so impressed she told the friends in her street and on the new years even match a new family went to the match. The last match against the scum so impressed my sister plus the friend that went to the Melbourne match took along another family to the Scum match.

Great so far sunshine lollie pops and sugar coated lemon drops, not my sister but the other two families stopped at the Caltex on their way back to Summerland Point after the match. At the Caltex were a large number of Jets supporters and some Mariner supporters.

They started having a go at each other, big deal and with enough beer and bravado it must have been fun, no one got hurt and we showed em. Ever think that in a public place like that there maybe little people under 10 who were scared by the whole face off, and a couple of nervous mums. So much so that they enjoyed the match but are two scared to go some where after the match.

Perhaps this is a one off, but I think not, so again a plea from someone who has been waiting for years for a league to get going, go easy outside the park. This league could easily fall over its still in its early developmental years. Having a face off in a public place will in time if not already be on youtube and find its way in time to the media mafia. Those three young families from Summerland Point are still talking about how scared they were, and I ask yourself before some of the more hotheads scorn this post to remember when they were a little boy (maybe still are) and how their behavior would have looked.

Hope we beat Nix,s 50 nill to ensure our Asian spot.

radar

midfielder said:
Perhaps this is a one off, but I think not, so again a plea from someone who has been waiting for years for a league to get going, go easy outside the park. This league could easily fall over its still in its early developmental years. Having a face off in a public place will in time if not already be on youtube and find its way in time to the media mafia. Those three young families from Summerland Point are still talking about how scared they were, and I ask yourself before some of the more hotheads scorn this post to remember when they were a little boy (maybe still are) and how their behavior would have looked.

Hope we beat Nix,s 50 nill to ensure our Asian spot.

Maturity is a wonderful thing. To not follow the mob is pretty difficult for young guys no matter what side they cheer for.

Hopefully the Mariners guys can think about setting an example, but I can imagine that losing face in public to a bunch of coalbabies is also a difficult thing to ignore as well.

...and from personal experience, it's an interesting bit of trivia that the Slip Inn will play American basketball games in house despite the fact there was a Sydney FC game on.

midfielder

[/quote]

Maturity is a wonderful thing. To not follow the mob is pretty difficult for young guys no matter what side they cheer for.

Hopefully the Mariners guys can think about setting an example, but I can imagine that losing face in public to a bunch of coalbabies is also a difficult thing to ignore as well.

...and from personal experience, it's an interesting bit of trivia that the Slip Inn will play American basketball games in house despite the fact there was a Sydney FC game on.
[/quote]

I was not having a go at the Mariners fans in particular, but saying all fans in public places need to act not like dickheads or bogands. Speaking for myself any supportor of any team is good for the league.

So this is my little part to appeal for anyone caught in a face off in public to act well how yout mum would like you to and not give other codes free sfots which I might add they are looking for now.

loyalist

These familys from summerland point better never set foot in public again if theyre scared of stuff like that

midfielder

So six year old little girls and eight year old little boys should be made of sterner stuff......right I see.

Also the ladies should be aware when football fans are around don't be scared by drunks screaming at each other with them caught in the middle with young kids......... I pass it on sounds very sensible.

loyalist

midfielder said:
So six year old little girls and eight year old little boys should be made of sterner stuff......right I see.

Also the ladies should be aware when football fans are around don't be scared by drunks screaming at each other with them caught in the middle with young kids......... I pass it on sounds very sensible.
Well the ladies should be well aware that things like this happen in all forms of life and shouldnt just generalise it too football

uncleyellow

Forza, violence of any kind should not be tolerated... period.. this supporter or that supporter, this code or that code...

It takes a bigger man to go against the flow than it does to simply let go and unleash...
I think the point people are making here is : Be a real man, and stop scaring the women folk and children.

Show some restraint and some honour. thats what your club would want of you!

Yeah Violence is a part of life... but not mine, or my wife's... Im no peace loving hippie... Im six five and 95 kilos and can handle myself in a brawl no worries, in fact it can be fun!!

Scare my wife, and it a different story all together.

But for f**ks sake stop scaring little people and ladies...  That is just so weak.
and to say they shouldnt leave the house if it scares them is crap. 99% of people on the stadium dont wont to fight, or see a fight, should we all stay at home too!!!

Alot to learn about manhood children!

Rant over (sorry a subject that does tend to shit me!)

loyalist

uncleyellow said:
Forza, violence of any kind should not be tolerated... period.. this supporter or that supporter, this code or that code...
The thing your missing is that there was no violence at all just a bit of verbal

uncleyellow

Mate, been there done that...

The thing youre missing is thats where it all starts. and for a mum traveling with a family that is violent...

Try verbally abusing me and see how nice I react!! ;D

adz

Staff member
fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member