• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

booney

Lots of angst among football followers all around the world with the WC being held in Qatar .Issues with deaths of migrant workers and repressive laws/attitudes towards gays have rightly angered many people .Also the awarding of the WC to Qatar in the first place and the almost certain corrupt FIFA process involved caused many of us to be pissed off.

However both FIFA and the IOC have awarded their events to other dodgy/repressive countries-the WC in Russia 2018 and Argentina 1978 and the Olympics in Beijing 2008 and Berlin 1936 being prime examples.As it is a World Cup there is some justification for a Middle Eastern/Islamic country being awarded the prestige event and despite misgivings most of us will be watching the games so we are all hypocritical.

sydmariner

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I have a feeling it's FIFA wanting the WC to be the only football option and to maximise viewership because that is where all the $$$ come from, I believe it is only for the group stage and maybe final 16 not the whole tournament. The real issue for this WC is being in Qatar.
agreed...old Uncle Sepp knows / admits he f**ked up with this pick

Ozhammer

I have a feeling it's FIFA wanting the WC to be the only football option and to maximise viewership because that is where all the $$$ come from, I believe it is only for the group stage and maybe final 16 not the whole tournament. The real issue for this WC is being in Qatar.
In a way, we should be grateful Qatar got to hold this WC, as it was such a clearly inappropriate decision that it finally laid bare the extent of decades of corruption at FIFA and cost many of the top level officials to be ousted.

Tevor

All matches are live & free on sbs
There is a special WC section on SBS on demand with all the live matches and replays available. Not sure if they will be on the main SBS channel so make sure you have it set and you are signed in before the first game. An email we received from SBS seemed to suggest it’s only on the On Demand app.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami