• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

Tevor

Wrong starting team, waited to long for subs. Bye bye Arnie. When we officially don’t qualify it’s time for a change. He doesn’t have the smarts,

Hrustic worst player of the game.

Big Al

The Japanese skill and movement is excellent to watch and when they have a sniff they put the pass on the head everytime while we hit and hope.

Should have been smashed but we got lucky in the first half.

Big Al

Thought Stens was excellent except when he got caught being lazy on the ball about 60th min when he got his card but excellent debut

Tevor

Stens and Duke won everything. We were outmuscled on the ground with the press
Yep and good old Duke just headed to them every time. I don’t think we should have started with Duke, he isn’t as clinical as others in the team. Metcalf was bullied terribly so Jeggo should have started. I couldn’t handle watching Hrustic every week, such a frustrating player. Stens did himself proud, miss him heaps.

Archie giving Arnie heaps, throwing caps around like tic tacs. Best thing Archie has ever said. Just needed to say to his mates to finish it off.

Gazza 13

Wrong starting team, waited to long for subs. Bye bye Arnie. When we officially don’t qualify it’s time for a change. He doesn’t have the smarts,

Hrustic worst player of the game.
Arnie should go back to an ALM club and do good there, meanwhile the Australia National team should sign a better coach that picks up better players and knows when to make substitutions

Josho Howe

That was dire. A great encapsulation of Australian football since the Asian Cup win. Completely 2nd best to our biggest Asian rival and (probable) deservedly missing a World Cup.

Gazza 13

We now will have to play the 5th place team of the South American WC Qualifiers and with top 3 basically decided we are left with 4th placed Uruguay, 5th placed Peru and 6th place Chile. It will take a miracle for Chile to at least make 5th as they will need to beat Brazil and if that doesn't happen they'll need Paraguay to beat Peru as well as Uruguay tomorrow. Then tomorrow Peru and Uruguay play and Uruguay should win that making them fill in the final spot of the top 4. Then it is basically in Peru's own hands that they finish in 5th because they would be 2 points ahead of Chile and they will need to beat a 9th placed Paraguay which will happen so basically Aussies are going to play Peru to make the 2022 World Cup.

Big Al

Yep and good old Duke just headed to them every time. I don’t think we should have started with Duke, he isn’t as clinical as others in the team. Metcalf was bullied terribly so Jeggo should have started. I couldn’t handle watching Hrustic every week, such a frustrating player. Stens did himself proud, miss him heaps.

Archie giving Arnie heaps, throwing caps around like tic tacs. Best thing Archie has ever said. Just needed to say to his mates to finish it off.
Jeggo definitely should have started over Metcalf.

I think the Duke move worked but no one was there for the crumbs and Mabil was horrible.

Krustic has class and is the only one who looks like making something happen. I am enjoying watching him.

We are stuck between the old guard being on the decline and the new ones aren’t good enough

Big Al

We now will have to play the 5th place team of the South American WC Qualifiers and with top 3 basically decided we are left with 4th placed Uruguay, 5th placed Peru and 6th place Chile. It will take a miracle for Chile to at least make 5th as they will need to beat Brazil and if that doesn't happen they'll need Paraguay to beat Peru as well as Uruguay tomorrow. Then tomorrow Peru and Uruguay play and Uruguay should win that making them fill in the final spot of the top 4. Then it is basically in Peru's own hands that they finish in 5th because they would be 2 points ahead of Chile and they will need to beat a 9th placed Paraguay which will happen so basically Aussies are going to play Peru to make the 2022 World Cup.
We have to beat the UAE in Doha first. Not likely the way we have been playing

Gazza 13

I’ve been saying it for a while, coped heaps of sledging on socials for it as well. I wish we were going but the signs we were not good enough were visible a long time ago.
So sad isn't what football in this country has became

pjennings

Jeggo definitely should have started over Metcalf.

I think the Duke move worked but no one was there for the crumbs and Mabil was horrible.

Krustic has class and is the only one who looks like making something happen. I am enjoying watching him.

We are stuck between the old guard being on the decline and the new ones aren’t good enough
Can't agree with that. Too much a luxury player - but not good enough to be a luxury player. Rogic is our luxury player. Mooy has lost it, Grant too slow now and Mabil looked lost. Maclaren needs the perfect ball which he won't get except against minnows. TBH I would have much preferred someone like Alou coming on to make things happen.

IMHO we actually played better today with quite a few 'stalwarts' missing. Our big problem was the 0-0 against SA, the 1-1 against China and the 2-2 against Japan. We should not have been in this position.

I'd be happy to drop Hrustic, Grant, Maclaren, Mabil, King and Metcalfe for the playoffs. Atkinson, Rogic and Kuol plus ??? to come in.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Just back - my 2bobs worth from the ground?

King and Mabil were awful together - Mabil isnt 1/2 the player Kuol already is. If King wasnt at Arnies beloved Sydney he wouldnt get a sniff

Metcalfe embarrassed himself - should have been hooked well before HT - Jeggo was invisible when he came on. Ditto Aussie Bruno.

Boyle? Why? Grant? Why?

Dukey worked his arse off but he really isnt up to this level - you get 1 chance against quality teams and you have to take it. He didnt with that header just before HT. Go in 1 up and it changes the game

No Ryan and we go in a HT 2 or 3 down.

Japan were vastly better than us - different level to what was, at best, a decent AL side,

Lovely to hear the boo's at FT and the ArnoldOut chant was a bonus (obviously very few SFC in the home end) - decent home end for once, seemed to be football people not AL people (if you know what I mean)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami