• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

JoyfulPenguin

Are you tripping JP? Duke just got trusted with our most important game in 4 years and you are going to replace him with a flaky maverick like Yengi???
I take your point Wombat and he did perform decently for us against Peru.

But I think that it's important to reward players who push themselves outside their comfort zone.

I think if we reward players who go to an easier league for money or just to not push themselves then we will create a negative culture.

Any player playing in an Asian second division should not be in a Socceroos squad.

If we don't then I think we are hurting ourselves long term. We need a culture where players need to be playing regularly in good leagues to get a go representing us.

Basically every Australian player we have seen go to China or an oil league comes back a markedly worse footballer.

If we want to compete long term and foster a winning culture it should be non-negotiable that a player is playing in a quality league and not just chasing money.

If we continue to reward players who stifle their own playing futures for profit we will stifle the future of the Socceroos.

Wombat

I take your point Wombat and he did perform decently for us against Peru.

But I think that it's important to reward players who push themselves outside their comfort zone.

I think if we reward players who go to an easier league for money or just to not push themselves then we will create a negative culture.

Any player playing in an Asian second division should not be in a Socceroos squad.

If we don't then I think we are hurting ourselves long term. We need a culture where players need to be playing regularly in good leagues to get a go representing us.

Basically every Australian player we have seen go to China or an oil league comes back a markedly worse footballer.

If we want to compete long term and foster a winning culture it should be non-negotiable that a player is playing in a quality league and not just chasing money.

If we continue to reward players who stifle their own playing futures for profit we will stifle the future of the Socceroos.
I hear you bruv and I have alot of love for you JP but who is Yengi playing for???......and how in the heck are they better than Duke's team? You cannot make a crazy claim that whatever league you are playing in defines the limits of that player.

Ben10

Mooy is our best midfielder when he is playing in a decent league, China just seems to destroy players. Until he moves on from Shanghai I don't think he should be in the squad.
I agree with pretty much everything besides this comment regarding Mooy. He ran the game the other night against Peru and he's hardly fit or played a game in months. A fully fit Mooy will bring the class we need. The Chinese League isn't that great, fair enough, but it shouldn't limit him being in the squad.

onto it

Stens will be at the World Cup for sure. He's too versatile and too good to be left out - seems to have taken up the hammer with the CB role at Viking very well.
I've heard he was a little injured in the final qualifiers, and I'd guess Arnie also wanted the experience of Wright alongside Kye.
I'll take a punt and say the future of National CBs is Stens and Kye. If so, wouldn't that be a feather in the Mariners cap?

Allreet?

I don't think Duke should be anywhere near a Socceroos squad. He is playing for a middle table second division Japanese side. If you need a player in his mould take Yengi.
Duke had an excellent game against Peru. A very Matt Simon type game - hassling the defenders and preventing them playing easy balls into midfield which helped us win possession back numerous times.

Was also a threat with his barging and shooting. Much more effective than MacLaren when he gets no service.

Doesn't matter where you're playing if you're good enough.

sydmariner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami