• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 v Scummers

priorpeter

Chatting last night after the game - one of my favourite moments of the day has gotta be from Moresche - on the field for 2mins, nutmegs a guy in front of the yellow army and immediately started pumping up the travelling fans and pumping the badge hahah

Michael

Chatting last night after the game - one of my favourite moments of the day has gotta be from Moresche - on the field for 2mins, nutmegs a guy in front of the yellow army and immediately started pumping up the travelling fans and pumping the badge hahah

he’s gonna be a fun quality player hahaha
I also loved the no look pass he tried immediately after and it went out

Corsair

I thought Ball
Very very dangerous and underrated player, we'll need to keep a lid on him.

Miller may be the answer
Asleep at the wheel again and lost his marker, letting him get goal side, Miller cost us the goal. He's a massive liability, both him and Roux will make at least 2 or 3 major mistakes in every game. Need to find another solution. I'd be trying Dan Hall there, depending on the opposition. We might have to accept that spot gets subbed every game to try to limit the errors.

FFC Mariner

Did Someone say Dan Hall?

Never seen him play RB but then I'd never seen him at LB until Sunday and he still has Hollywood in his pocket. He's that player you can trust because he has a great football brain.
I'd start him there

Insertnamehere

Very very dangerous and underrated player, we'll need to keep a lid on him.

Asleep at the wheel again and lost his marker, letting him get goal side, Miller cost us the goal. He's a massive liability, both him and Roux will make at least 2 or 3 major mistakes in every game. Need to find another solution. I'd be trying Dan Hall there, depending on the opposition. We might have to accept that spot gets subbed every game to try to limit the errors.
The difference is, Miller is 20, Roux is 28. Yeah sure Miller was wrong side of his man at a set play. But if you review the goal, whoever #16 is was actually the man who should have gone with Yuel.

Roux never got near his man in open play.

Also just ignoring that as good as Farrell was he did get skinned a couple times.

And that Hall was pretty ordinary in his time on the field player, what looked out of position.

But I'm of the opinion that you let the young guys have a mistake or 2 to become better players. Its how they recover from the errors that counts.
But a guy who has 10 years in the league should be smarter.

turbo

Roux never got near his man in open play.
You saw how much room Miller was giving his man to cross didnt you? Every time they could deliver a cross with zero pressure if they were outside the box. It was like he was worried about being beaten so wouldnt go to the man.

Rising Sun

Did Someone say Dan Hall?

Never seen him play RB but then I'd never seen him at LB until Sunday and he still has Hollywood in his pocket. He's that player you can trust because he has a great football brain.
I'd start him there
This.

Whilst having Hollywood in his pocket can hardly be regarded as the benchmark for full back play, he is the best option we have - will be on a learning curve and not perfect,.but still less likely to get caught out than the others.

Also it must be a certainty that Tongyk will head overseas at the end of the season but maybe even as soon as January, and as the obvious successor it makes sense to blood Hall as much as possible. Follow the well worn path of Wilko and Sains from getting experience as a serviceable RB through to CB greatness

Insertnamehere

You saw how much room Miller was giving his man to cross didnt you? Every time they could deliver a cross with zero pressure if they were outside the box. It was like he was worried about being beaten so wouldnt go to the man.
Did you watch roux? Yeah perhaps it was the tactic and we're both wrong.

FFC Mariner

Our full backs push up - going long behind them is a fairly standard tactic and I expect to see it used against us a lot this season.
Farrell has the engine to get back as does Miller, Roux doesnt. Early on, full backs seem to be our weak spot but I'd be confident Monty and Serge already knew that

scottmac

Suspended
Our full backs push up - going long behind them is a fairly standard tactic and I expect to see it used against us a lot this season.
Farrell has the engine to get back as does Miller, Roux doesnt. Early on, full backs seem to be our weak spot but I'd be confident Monty and Serge already knew that
I think Roux is probably a bit wiser than the rest of the fullbacks we have. Or experienced, is probably a better word for it. You could see on the weekend when he didn't have the speed to keep up with a player into free space he changes his run to intercept at a point he can get to rather than continue chasing the man. It stops or slows the player down because they then have to make a decision rather than just continue to outpace him. That then allows the CB's time to recover. I don't think Miller does this as well and I think that alone will keep Roux in his spot for the time being.
Also his attacking ability isn't matched by any other of the other defenders, Fazz not withstanding. Will be interesting to see what Fazz's delivery is like.

scottmac

Suspended
Did you watch roux? Yeah perhaps it was the tactic and we're both wrong.
Like I've just said though above, time is a defenders friend. If their looking and making a decision on when to cross then you've already given the central guys and your other side defender time to get back or even set. You can't stop every cross, even though your trying. But you can get in-between the ball and its target to gain time for your defence.

Tevor

I still can’t get my head around the gold medalist of the Greek diving team …what a wank, can’t imagine Pappas will let that shit fly for much longer
Yeah he needs to have words with him, that kind of carry on is not tolerated in Oz. It's quite common with Visa players though and the smart ones realise pretty quick its not acceptable. Ams really should have shown him a card and then Pappas wouldn't have to have the talk.

style_cafe

Mine was seeing Balard gallop over to Nizzy when he scored and N`Kololo nearly knocking himself out in the celebrations...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami