• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

round 6 vs nix

Tevor

Would have been waiting on PCR tests.
If we cannot play this match then NYE is also a postponement IMO as ISO will be a huge factor. The Cows have something like 8 players impacted so I’d guess they wouldn’t want to play another game under strength as well.

disappointed but just another kick in teeth from the ever reliable Rona. Know so many people being pinged as close contacts now and some being positive where as didn’t know anyone for 18 months. It is a very different landscape now.

Huddo

Noting the government's position, there won't be a bubble, people are gunna have to live with it.

Huddo

I'm just ropeable.

a win today would have put pressure on the top spot.
Now the posponement means the pressure will be on us to maintain the W's to maintain contact, to add if we play next week I expect a few player out, and Macarthur will be match ready.

scottmac

Suspended
By Feb they'll all be open.

By Feb they'll all be open and Covid will be running rampant in all of them.
They'll still have regulations regarding positive tests and close contacts so won't make a difference if they're "open" or not.

Huddo

They'll still have regulations regarding positive tests and close contacts so won't make a difference if they're "open" or not.
Will they? Because casual contact regulations are now non existent, and close is extremely weak.
I'm not saying that the government and the businesses don't care, I just think they're more geared to the idea that omnicrons infection rate compared to its believed severity makes it perfect in their eyes for introduction in to the community. Their actions show this.

Forum Phoenix

Will they? Because casual contact regulations are now non existent, and close is extremely weak.
I'm not saying that the government and the businesses don't care, I just think they're more geared to the idea that omnicrons infection rate compared to its believed severity makes it perfect in their eyes for introduction in to the community. Their actions show this.

From a business perspective, I think the close contact rules are going to have to change. With the growth of case numbers, soon nowhere will be able to staff their business and keep doors open under current close contact protocols. The genie's well and truly out of the bottle this time and I really don't see it going back in. Widespread supply of RAT's and people being able to monitor for symptoms the only way forward I can really see.

Big Al

I actually think it’s good. The poor weather, covid and holidays would hav resulted in a stinker of a crowd.

NYE will have to be off as well or especially the fireworks just for public safety.

Get the boys healthy and raring to go

A player coach bubble is becoming a must

scottmac

Suspended
From a business perspective, I think the close contact rules are going to have to change. With the growth of case numbers, soon nowhere will be able to staff their business and keep doors open under current close contact protocols. The genie's well and truly out of the bottle this time and I really don't see it going back in. Widespread supply of RAT's and people being able to monitor for symptoms the only way forward I can really see.
It will depend where the virus gets to. If it gets widespread into aged care facilities and places where our vulnerable population are cared for then the health system could buckle. Not to mention health care workers acquiring it and there not being the staff to run it.
Jim Jefferies has a piece in one of his shows where he says society needs to travel at the pace of its slowest moving to keep everything running. (That's then followed by the line, "I take drugs like a f**king champion, but we can't all take drugs can we because Sarah took drugs and f**king killed her kids", but the point is still valid here?)
You'll see the same here as we move forward. Rules won't make sense to the majority because they're designed to protect a system that can be brought to its knees quite easily in a pandemic.

pjennings

From a business perspective the worst thing that was done was relaxing the rules as Omicron hit. People have voted with their feet. Boxing Days sales crowds down 80%. The government said we will do nothing - show some personal responsibility so people did exactly that.

In previous waves HCW tests were prioritised as they were needed to work. This time my daughter waited 95 hours. We have had a 200% increase in hospitalisations in 7 days and over a 250% increase in ICU in 7 days.

A better 'business perspective' would have been to keep in place minor inconvenience public health measures. Now people see the government have essentially given up on their responsibilities and transparent reporting and they are voting with there feet and staying away in droves. People don't like being told what to do - but they do want proper information to make their decisions on.

What we have now is poor public health policy and poor economic policy.

Insertnamehere

What's it like in the US? Are sporting events being cancelled? What do they do if a few players get it?
Not really. They're playing with backup players in NFL. Not sure how hard NBA has been hit but I know only 1 team, the Jazz, has been unaffected. I Haven't heard of postponements.

Huddo

Im with all you boys about the ridiculousness of the situation, were just not going back.
I'm just saying the Government and the Business big wigs thought this was the right path, and now there is no backwards step, it'll be to prevalent for bubbles, it's to loose for containment, testing will become personalised (even though RAS kits are starting to become a stortage item) which mean people won't do it, which mean thing will become more prevalent.
Postponements will be the only way to fight it.

ccf

It is going to hit people hard when child care facilities close and the new regulations regarding them opening. This will affect all walks of workers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami